Missouri

Apparently, UT is the only program crippled by change. Everyone else seems to mange just fine.
What does “Mike” and “Bama” have in common?
Mike Shula,
Mike Dubose
Mike Price

Then sanctions
Then Francione split fast with them looming.
UT Is NOT the only program crippled by change. People just have a short memory.

You have to understand that many fans are alumni and go to to thr game regardless of who the coach is. Also, if the stadium did start getting empty and fans and merchandise stopped selling, how is that gonna attract the big time people that would be needed to fix things?

It’s aimple in theory. Everybody stop showing up, the big wigs in Knoxville wake up and poof everything is fixed. It just doesn’t work that way. Recruits would spurn TN and so would the really good coaches. I think it would do irreparable damage to the football program if your scenario played out.

Ok the stadium has been full since fdr was President.

Name the high profile coach hired since CPF.

And hiring an DC who has never been a HC is not high profile.

Jumbo going to tx am was high profile.
Urban to OSU.
Peterson to Washington.
Kelly to UCLA
Franklin to psu

Not la tech coach to ut when 100k show up each week because we are alumni.

That logic gets you 20 years of 5 and 6 win seasons because you will take and keep coming.

So you're still on this narrative and boycotts may work for some things, but comparing what they might do to the stock market and UT football is like comparing apples to a dingo. You should bring your boycott signs to gate 21 for the first game and see how many followers you entice to your way of thinking.

Yeah cause ut isn’t a business....
Sheesh.
Next time you don’t think a college is a business ask why your kids are all getting taught by adjuncts.

Mike Shula,
Mike Dubose
Mike Price

Then sanctions

Um, I already mentioned price way back and they time between stallings and Saban wasn’t 21 damn years.

And even in the down years they went to major bowls so your comparison is mute.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
We are the pencilled in date for counting victories every school that plays us has, including Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
Blow us out by half time and let the starters rest fourth quarter. We are basically a bye week for sec teams at this point.

Its not quite THAT bad. Need 2 more good classes

Um, I already mentioned price way back and they time between stallings and Saban wasn’t 21 damn years.

And even in the down years they went to major bowls so your comparison is mute.
So what's your strategy? Wait it out, don't go to a football game until they have at least an 8 win season? Not watch on TV? By golly, I think they will get the message you send. You know, women's beach volleyball is a pretty good diet food when on a VOL diet. I just renewed my season tickets. Should I turn them back in so we can start winning again?

Things we know about Missouri:
1) Tennessee should never lose to them.
2) Tennessee loses to them a lot.

I'm ready for the Big Whatever Rejects to go back to where they came from.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Mike Shula,
Mike Dubose
Mike Price

Then sanctions
The butthurt factor of Franchione bolting for another program really lays a backdrop on the silliness of some of our fans toward Barnes.

Pruitt is going into season 2, and we are talking boycotts and walkouts. That's embarrassing. Even for a sometimes negavol, like myself.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
In the years from 2003-2018, Tennessee has gone to 9 bowl games in those 16 seasons. Missouri has gone to 12. They have been the better team for some time.
Um no sorry Missouri hasn’t been the better team for all that time.
Although Missouri has not been better than Tennessee every single year of that time period, on average Missouri has won at least a game more per season. Missouri is 128-78 (27th in wins) and Tennessee is 111-90 (48th in wins) over that stretch.

When it comes to evaluating coaches and the current state of the program, folks have got to quit living in the past. In the here and now, Missouri is a formidable opponent for our Vols. That fact is not changed by our history and resources, although our history and resources do mean we have a better chance of getting back into the upper echelon of teams than they do. Still, right now, there is absolutely no basis to assume we should beat them next year, they literally have beaten us by 66 points in the last two years. It is a toss-up, at best.

Mike Shula,
Mike Dubose
Mike Price

Then sanctions
Dennis Franchione actually started his coaching career in Missouri, in the mid 70s he was an assistant coach at Miller High School (my hometown) his dad died and he left and moved to Pittsburg KS and began coaching at Pittsburg High. I know this because my mom was on the school board and hired him

I think losing to Missouri makes me just as made as losing to Vandy. There is no reason at all why a storied program like Tennessee should ever lose to a football program like Missouri’s. Better recruits and resources. The recent administration and coaches who allowed for us to “play down” to the level of Missouri, Vandy, KY and SC should be fined heavily and to never walk in our campus again. To address you post: I am sad that we are even thinking about whether we have a chance of beating Missouri.

Missouri is a much better program than Vandy. They have been to the SECC twice and have only been in the league since 2013, which is six seasons. I know the East was down during that stretch, but it's still pretty impressive.

Having said that, there are a few games over the past seasons that we definitely should have won or at least played better IMO, and I hope we can beat them this year. We have a losing record to them since they came into the league, and that's inexcusable.

But they are much better than Vandy or Kentucky, hands down.

Reactions: Remy
In the past, if I was an opposing coach, I would count on Tennessee's will being broken by the second half. I would guarantee my team a win if they would strain through sixty minutes -even if down by three scores at the half. That's where culture comes into play, IMHO. I'm betting our (Vols) culture is at a high percentage, if not 100%, now. We have a lot of players that aren't used to losing.Cornbread!

Did you measure it with a culturemeter?

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Missouri is a much better program than Vandy. They have been to the SECC twice and have only been in the league since 2013, which is six seasons. I know the East was down during that stretch, but it's still pretty impressive.

Having said that, there are a few games over the past seasons that we definitely should have won or at least played better IMO, and I hope we can beat them this year. We have a losing record to them since they came into the league, and that's inexcusable.

But they are much better than Vandy or Kentucky, hands down.

Since 2013 UT has a winning record versus exactly one SEC team, UK. Here is the breakdown:

UF 1-5
UG 2-4
Mizz 2-4
SC 3-3
UK 5-1
Vand 2-4
Bama 0-6
Miss 0-1
Ark 0-1
Aub 1-1
aTm 0-1
LSU 0-1

Good thing for UK.

Last edited:
Since 2013 UT has a winning record versus exactly one SEC team, UK. Here is the breakdown:

UF 1-5
UG 2-4
Mizz 2-4
SC 3-3
UK 5-1
Vand 2-4
Bama 0-6
Miss 0-1
Ark 0-1
Aub 1-1
aTm 0-1
LSU 0-1

Yeah, that's sad. At least we are 0.500 against a couple of them. Maybe we can flip SC into the win column this year. I hope so. Muschamp is overdue for an ass-beating.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
We gave butch patience and the benefit of the doubt when he didn't deserve it. Pruitt deserves it and we aren't giving it to him. He is doing everything right in the way he is rebuilding the program, we have to wait until year four to unleash the full wrath of our criticism or our praise.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

UF 1-5
UG 2-4
Mizz 2-4
SC 3-3
UK 5-1
Vand 2-4
Bama 0-6
Miss 0-1
Ark 0-1
Aub 1-1
aTm 0-1
LSU 0-1
Uh oh..cold hard numbers. Do those stats include new science like humidity levels during the games, if passes were less than 8 yards, toughness, and a cornucopia of intsngibles? If not..not sure how we can trust those stats.

We gave butch patience and the benefit of the doubt when he didn't deserve it. Pruitt deserves it and we aren't giving it to him. He is doing everything right in the way he is rebuilding the program, we have to wait until year four to unleash the full wrath of our criticism or our praise.

To set the record straight, Jones' first 9 win season gave most all Vol fans some hope we were on the correct track. There was buzz here and there about kids leaving the program and we lost a couple of games that season we should have won. Played Bama tough until the end. There was every reason in the world to think we were on the correct track. The following season for those who know football you could see the wheels coming off as we lost games we should have won, too many kids injured before and during the season, disgruntled and soft players, then his final season was just hot garbage.

Losing is one thing. They’ve basically embarrassed Tennessee most yrs since being in the league. Last 2 yrs especially.
Yeah they also blow out Florida quite a bit as well...But lose to teams like Kentucky...Go figure.

VN Store

Back