2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure we’re all a commit or two behind here but I just saw 2020 Charaz Butcher from Indiana has just committed. Looks like he’s a flat out stud with a 94 mph fastball and a 10 perfect game grade which is its highest possible. Probably a top 150 player in the class.

I would love to know probabilities of guys we keep. Rackers is one that may be tough but is asking for money according to volbaseballfan1. wonder who are some others?

I’m sure we’re all a commit or two behind here but I just saw 2020 Charaz Butcher from Indiana has just committed. Looks like he’s a flat out stud with a 94 mph fastball and a 10 perfect game grade which is its highest possible. Probably a top 150 player in the class.

I love following the team every year and generally know our players. I don't keep up with baseball recruiting as well as I do football and basketball. For those in the know, who do we have in the program that were recruited fairly high but are redshirting this year?

I love following the team every year and generally know our players. I don't keep up with baseball recruiting as well as I do football and basketball. For those in the know, who do we have in the program that were recruited fairly high but are redshirting this year?

It’s kinda hard to really know. You don’t know much as far who is injured etc...obviously the best guys got taken in the draft, and I don’t know how many games a kid can play in and still redshirt. Typically at an established program like a Vandy or LSU, there is not much redshirting going on.

Reactions: RollerVol

Red shirting is very rarely used in baseball for elite talents. Reason being is it's pretty much understood that those guys are leaving after 3 years anyway.

Red shirting is very rarely used in baseball for elite talents. Reason being is it's pretty much understood that those guys are leaving after 3 years anyway.

I didn’t think it was, but I thought I saw a post about some players who were sitting out this year. I figured he knew what he was talking about. Maybe I don’t know the roster as well, but I thought there were only a couple of freshmen and the Juco guys were the only newcomers that play full time. I know a vast majority of our pitchers are at least sophomores. Just wondering who else we have and what are the expectations?

I didn’t think it was, but I thought I saw a post about some players who were sitting out this year. I figured he knew what he was talking about. Maybe I don’t know the roster as well, but I thought there were only a couple of freshmen and the Juco guys were the only newcomers that play full time. I know a vast majority of our pitchers are at least sophomores. Just wondering who else we have and what are the expectations?

To be honest I am not following as Closely as I have before. I said here from the beginning that TV was going to recruit the only way this program can succeeed but honestly I just can't stomach calling myself a fan anymore. Just because it's the only way to win doesn't make it right and I am just too old to support a program that operates in a way that exemplifies what's wrong with college athletics.

Sorry JMO

Last edited:
If we can get the 4 Juco pitchers to campus, it will really lesson the blow of losing the pitchers from this years team.
Rackers is the only one in question. I know CTV was at Jefferson College yesterday visiting with him and Turino. I know I once said that he was asking for a high dollar amount. Have heard it could go either way and he might get it. He’s a big time prospect. The commitment from Dallas really will help with some of the sting of losing him. I know the staff was really excited with this commitment and that kid could have went almost anywhere. Frank Anderson and the success of the pitching staff played a vital role in getting him to commit. Turino is expected to get drafted but the expectation is fully for him to be in Knoxville. Turino will be a juco all American in Center. The juco SS Spence coming is a stud as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back