Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm too easy going or something. If I don't like something, I just don't like it. I don't see why so many people go from "eh, I don't watch it" to "IT'S THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION!" also don't get why people won't accept that not everyone watches/loves all the same books, shows, movies that you do. People is different, just is what it is man...

I'm not a fan of the majority of reality TV shows, I'm not waiting 'round the old Waffle House with knives or anything to challenge fans though.
If you don't like the exact same tv shows, movies, and music that I like YOU ARE AN IDIOT! -VN

I loved King of Queens also. Kevin James is hilarious. Lesser known but underrated comedy was Yes Dear. That was good. According to Jim was alright also. I don't watch much drama shows. I used to watch Arrow but it has really gone down hill. My wife and I have started watching The Fix, it's pretty good.

Yes Dear had a pretty amazing episode where the main guy (Greg) & his brother-in-law went to a "club" and it was great how much differently the two main women reacted.

Drama shows have really become amazing, I feel like that genre has grown to out perform movies even. Justified is hands down my personal favorite show, I think drama gets more "in your face" risky though so I can understand why people aren't as willing to invest their time in those shows.

Sometimes it's nice to escape life, not have your nose rubbed in it.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Yes Dear had a pretty amazing episode where the main guy (Greg) & his brother-in-law went to a "club" and it was great how much differently the two main women reacted.

Drama shows have really become amazing, I feel like that genre has grown to out perform movies even. Justified is hands down my personal favorite show, I think drama gets more "in your face" risky though so I can understand why people aren't as willing to invest their time in those shows.

Sometimes it's nice to escape life, not have your nose rubbed in it.
I agree.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Mom has been trying to get me into the books but I think I'm gonna stick to my Louis Lamar's
Loved the lord of the rings and hobbit movies just don't care for TV episodal type shows.
Man could definitely use some commits...

I watched Season 1, then read Book 1...then powered through the rest of the books before Season 2 came out....about Season 5 or so I started to become that "in the books" guy

I'll be honest, my fandom for the show has really went down once they started to split from the books in story. I get that they ran out of material, but even before then they started to narrow down the perspectives and focus. Has really become a bit like your atypical type of story now...when it was so well branched out before.

I watched Season 1, then read Book 1...then powered through the rest of the books before Season 2 came out....about Season 5 or so I started to become that "in the books" guy

I'll be honest, my fandom for the show has really went down once they started to split from the books in story. I get that they ran out of material, but even before then they started to narrow down the perspectives and focus. Has really become a bit like your atypical type of story now...when it was so well branched out before.
I really hated the show for a few seasons once they ran out of source material. I've come around to just enjoying the ride and taking it for what it is now. It may be the only ending to the series we get, so why work myself up nitpicking it apart every week? I'm just taking it in stride and enjoying the culmination of a decade of work it took to get to this season.

Where could one watch GOT from the beginning without having HBO? I know of ways just wondering if there's something easier than using Kodi

Everything is so much better with the Captain manning the ship. Vols up to #20

Our remaining schedule is still pretty tough. We have Arky and Florida on the road (the Gatorz are not as good as they have been, but it will still be tough) and Missouri and Ole Miss at home.

never dial back. always push forward
He's right though. You can make a harsh statement and most just scroll on to an info statement and give you a like.
Bruin and butch avi guy barely get responses unless people are just in the mood to argue .
I could name 10 more
Just been so overdone, any shock value is gone.

Our remaining schedule is still pretty tough. We have Arky and Florida on the road (the Gatorz are not as good as they have been, but it will still be tough) and Missouri and Ole Miss at home.
I think 6-6 and a decent SECT showing gets us a regional. We're still 7 in the RPI right now.

Reactions: drvenner
I think 6-6 and a decent SECT showing gets us a regional. We're still 7 in the RPI right now.
I heard Wilkerson on the radio this morning. They are projecting regionals already and RN, Tennessee has been projected to the Texas Tech regional with the NC State regional also being mentioned.

Reactions: appyvol
Davos is very underrated in said dynamic. “I think I’ll have that drink now.” joins last season’s “This is Jon Snow.” in understated genius.

Davos is definitely underrated. Those two moments plus the rowing comment in season 7 that gave credence to the memes that gained popularity in the early seasons were great. Dry, underrated humor for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back