Car/Truck Buying Experiences

Other than it's a GMC dealership my BIL is now the GM of a dealership and before that the head of F&I so no hassles when we buy.
Gotta love that Family First benefit. Years ago it was quite sweet, now not as sweet, but certainly takes the bs out of buying.

i used the Costco price as a base for my most recent car purchase (Mazda 3). The dealers that Costco gave were about 100 miles from where I live so I then faxed the information to two closer Mazda dealers. One of them responded and we eventually bought from them for slightly less than the Costco price. Not sure if we could have done better - but I hate playing games with dealerships over new car purchases.

I don't know why, but I think searching for a car is kinda fun. I don't care to **** with these dealers either. I mean I'll make a fair offer on a used truck. You take or you don't.

Gotta love that Family First benefit. Years ago it was quite sweet, now not as sweet, but certainly takes the bs out of buying.

Yeah, I can get pretty much anything on his lot for what they have in it.

Ted Russell Ford on Kingston Pike is the only place I ever have publicly lost my **** on an employee of the establishment I was visiting. The entire network is complete garbage.

I bought a 2010 F-150 from Ray Varner. It was very lightly used. Went for a test drive and they knocked a huge chunk off the price as soon as I got back without asking. No pressure to Ford finance. That truck served me well until this January and I put it through the ringer.

I bought a 2018 F-150 from Adamson Ford in Birmingham. It was an alright to good experience. Low pressure. Decent price. I never got the bed liner I was promised, so that sucked. I ironically bought from a former Pride band director who is now moving cars.

Reactions: BAJAvol
Lance Cunningham is probably the worst experience I've had. Both on the service end and buying end.

Harper Jaguar had a salesman that treated me like a peasant when I walked in there years ago.

I did end up buying a Jag but from another salesman.

Many dealerships simply keep you there for hours as a tactic to wear you down. The free bottle of water is a tactic to make it appear they care.

Last car purchase at a name brand dealer they tried to sell us an “appearance protection package” to cover paint and interior damage. When I asked how to file a claim, who does the repair, where are repairs done, etc. they had no answer.

I have also experienced one set of numbers on the purchase order compiled by the salesman, step into the finance office and the actual purchase contract has different numbers pushed in your face by the billigerent finance manager.

My last three vehicles I have bought new and essentially without even test driving them. I’m not a haggler. I don’t like salesmen, and could never be one myself. What works for me is going to my credit union ahead of time, figuring out what I can borrow and the terms, I find my vehicle and I go get it. “No, you can’t interest me in this other vehicle, and no, you can’t run my credit to get me a better rate. This is what I want. This is how much I will finance.” We did haggle just a little for my most recent purchase, but I got them to throw in the remote start for free.

Many dealerships simply keep you there for hours as a tactic to wear you down. The free bottle of water is a tactic to make it appear they care.

Last car purchase at a name brand dealer they tried to sell us an “appearance protection package” to cover paint and interior damage. When I asked how to file a claim, who does the repair, where are repairs done, etc. they had no answer.

I have also experienced one set of numbers on the purchase order compiled by the salesman, step into the finance office and the actual purchase contract has different numbers pushed in your face by the billigerent finance manager.
I love the “paint protection” fee they randomly throw in on these deal sheets. Lol I ain’t paying that ****.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Check this one out. Look at the DOC fee, and they weren’t able to tel me what the heck the NAS theft fee is. Claimed Toyota makes them charge it. This is at a popular Knoxville Toyota dealer.

Attachments

• F871A8F9-4D66-42DB-A3E4-3C863054ADC1.png
    F871A8F9-4D66-42DB-A3E4-3C863054ADC1.png
    424.8 KB · Views: 79
Check this one out. Look at the DOC fee, and they weren’t able to tel me what the heck the NAS theft fee is. Claimed Toyota makes them charge it. This is at a popular Knoxville Toyota dealer.
What the heal are you doing paying that much for a 78k mile vehicle?

I went to a ford dealership to buy my 2018 mustang GT, when I walked in and mentioned I wanted to look into one they didn’t take me seriously, hardly acknowledged me. I’m 25, was 24 at the time, but I admittedly look younger. I left the dealership and told them I’m gonna go buy one somewhere else, went and got much better service at my next ford dealership. Bought the mustang, and drove straight to the dealership that didn’t take me serious, spoke to the manager and informed him how I was treated and told him they missed out on the sale bc I was judged by my age appearance. I got nothing out of it obviously but I did it just to prove a point and teach a lesson, don’t judge a book by its cover 🤷‍♂️

I went to a ford dealership to buy my 2018 mustang GT, when I walked in and mentioned I wanted to look into one they didn’t take me seriously, hardly acknowledged me. I’m 25, was 24 at the time, but I admittedly look younger. I left the dealership and told them I’m gonna go buy one somewhere else, went and got much better service at my next ford dealership. Bought the mustang, and drove straight to the dealership that didn’t take me serious, spoke to the manager and informed him how I was treated and told him they missed out on the sale bc I was judged by my age appearance. I got nothing out of it obviously but I did it just to prove a point and teach a lesson, don’t judge a book by its cover 🤷‍♂️
I get treated the same way. It’s getting old really

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Anyone with experience using one of the online sellers like carvana or vroom? I check out cars on carvana periodically for fun, would be curious to hear the experience if anyone has actually bought a car from them.

Bought a car from Jerry... nice enough guy, but I got screwed into taking that dam TruCoat... waste of money. Wonder what happened to this guy.

57a76b5c2a0000fa01fb52e2.jpeg

Anyone with experience using one of the online sellers like carvana or vroom? I check out cars on carvana periodically for fun, would be curious to hear the experience if anyone has actually bought a car from them.
Cool system but seem to be overpriced

Ted Russell Ford on Kingston Pike is the only place I ever have publicly lost my **** on an employee of the establishment I was visiting. The entire network is complete garbage.

I bought a 2010 F-150 from Ray Varner. It was very lightly used. Went for a test drive and they knocked a huge chunk off the price as soon as I got back without asking. No pressure to Ford finance. That truck served me well until this January and I put it through the ringer.

I bought a 2018 F-150 from Adamson Ford in Birmingham. It was an alright to good experience. Low pressure. Decent price. I never got the bed liner I was promised, so that sucked. I ironically bought from a former Pride band director who is now moving cars.

I know who you are talking about - couple years ago I went to test drive a 150 and he's the guy I dealt with - I was just looking though and didn't buy.

"when I buy a car, I talk to Jerry. when I buy a boat, I talk to Jerry. What I'm saying is Jerry knows about buying things..."

Anyone recognize that quote/paraphrase?

Reactions: jp1
"when I buy a car, I talk to Jerry. when I buy a boat, I talk to Jerry. What I'm saying is Jerry knows about buying things..."

Anyone recognize that quote/paraphrase?
No but I feel like everyone has a jerry

VN Store

Back