LSU’s Will Wade Reinstated

I think that's exactly what's going on. It sounds like he cooperated with whatever "internal investigation" LSU conducted, so they can't fire him for cause...at least not yet.

I agree

I just don’t think they should have or had to reinstate him right now. I surely don’t know the ins and outs or his contract.......so maybe they did have to (if not going to fire). It simply looks real bad, given everyone knows what he was doing.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I agree. I'm just acting like a lawyer might in a court of law. They might come with a "this isn't him" or this has been tampered with" defense. What seems obvious to us might become a flimsy legal case. I have little doubt that it is what it is.

Now as to the FBI and media manipulation ... I won't say a word about that on here.

I am actually an attorney. We can bluff and argue all day long, but some things are just inevitable. My guess is they are saying that there isn’t any proof of money changing hands even though he’s talking about it on tape.

I have no doubt he is buying time. Maybe I am wrong, but I am guessing it ends with them going separate ways at some point in the near future.

I am actually an attorney. We can bluff and argue all day long, but some things are just inevitable. My guess is they are saying that there isn’t any proof of money changing hands even though he’s talking about it on tape.

I have no doubt he is buying time. Maybe I am wrong, but I am guessing it ends with them going separate ways at some point in the near future.

Thanks for that. That's what I was wondering. If WW is holding to the point he hasnt been charged w anything, yet LSU suspended him, then he can hang on until charges come. If they do, im sure LSU is worried about the buyout money. So is Will.

Going to be interesting. But it's hard to see him there long term w this cloud that could hover for a long time.

I'm sorry, I used a word that is banned in this forum - but I was referencing the way Alleva originally handled the Les Miles issue.

Other posters here make some good points, if Wade tells LSU he's clean and they accept that - then they have leeway (without question) to terminate IF it turns out he lied to them. Probably not a bad strategy at this point, I guess.

I wasn’t sure if you were talking about some stories occurred at his previous employer.

I wasn’t sure if you were talking about some stories occurred at his previous employer.

No, I was not.

But since Alleva has been forced out now, the dynamics are going to be fascinating to watch. Did the judge rule that Wade has to testify under oath?

I don't think they had a valid reason to fire him from his job if he denied wrongdoing and his attorneys probably pointed that out. They did have reason to investigate. I am sure at the same time they (as well as the NCAA) are doing an investigation and waiting to hear his trial testimony. If not that would be hard to believe.

It's a valid point. The NCAA is a joke and I don't blame them for standing by him. UT should have done the same thing with Pearl.
I wonder if this is part of what's hurting us in recruiting. Coaches at some schools know the school has their back, which probably makes it easier to push the envelope.

Either the school is afraid of being sued for breach of contract or WW thinks he can outlast the NCAA - which is possible because their investigators are borderline incompetent.

It's a valid point. The NCAA is a joke and I don't blame them for standing by him. UT should have done the same thing with Pearl.
Hadn't the NCAA more or less already told UT that they were going to come down hard on them, and if they fired Pearl it wouldn't be as bad?

Pretty clear there are no consequences for cheating. At this point, just win baby. Break out the checkbooks and cheat like hell. Screw the NCAA.

FN liar, cesspool is a good term and LSU has been swimming in it for decades. It's disgusting to watch this unfold after what the UT basketball program went through. Every sports network with the Pearl timeline for two years. Pitiful the NCAA allows this guy back on campus. I hope they find a coed in his trunk.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back