Harper, Sullivan officially announced as assistants

Yes, not only was hubby her assistant at MO State, but she also brought her 5 year old son and newborn daughter to every single game. By brought I mean they traveled WITH the team and the players were expected to help babysit. Not the best scenario when you’re trying to get in game mode or trying to catch up on homework and a baby is screaming or a 5 year old is begging for attention. Good luck with that.

🙄

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Really? Everybody knows this?

Actually, no, he won’t report to Kellie. He will report to another member of the Athletic Department.

Is this fact or did you forget the "blue font"?

IF true, whom do the assistants report to? Someone enlighten me here!

I wanted Becky Hammond (who, BTW, is being considered for head coach of the Lakers), but once Kellie was named, I got behind “our coach”. But her husband as an assistant, I’m sorry, not right, not what it seems, not in the best interest of the team, it’s not going to work. Now it’s a bad choice. We appreciate Phil taking a couple of hours out of his days trying to keep Barnes from leaving, to interview and hire and introduce a Women’s coach. But this is just a plain ol’ put down of Kellie’s abilities.
What do you mean "not what it seems?" Alex Jones tell ya? Not going to work? Been working for 15 years. Most strongly disagree that its a "put down of Kellie's abilities." Are you kidding? He works for her, not vice versa. She's head, he's assistant.

If anything, Jon Harper is the world's most secure man. IMO this arrangement is absolutely inspiring, a man who obviously does not mind playing second fiddle. Notice how he's stayed in the background during the whole Kellie hiring and honeymoon period. Has not felt the need to stick his nose in until now, when other assistants were also announced. Probably home taking care of the kids!

I'm worried almost sick about Kellie's lackluster record, I'm worried if the damaged player "talent" can be recovered. But this arrangement does not worry me at all, in fact I like it!

Is this fact or did you forget the "blue font"?

IF true, whom do the assistants report to? Someone enlighten me here!

Let's translate what's really happening: his wife is his boss, but UT is acting he will report to someone who isn't her (as a formality) to get around the nepotism law.

She and her husband have been a great combo everywhere she's coached.

But have they really, though? I mean, they haven't exactly set the world on fire on the coaching world together.

I mean, I'm not surprised by it at all. I was expecting it. And I don't really have a problem with the blatant nepotism issue. (I have more of a problem by the "insiders" trying to act like it isn't going on, despite it happening right in plain view.) I was just hoping that we would see an upgrade to her staff, because I'm not convinced a Missouri State-level staff will work at UT. And I'm even more convinced now that the hire won't work out, but time will tell.

I wanted Becky Hammond (who, BTW, is being considered for head coach of the Lakers)

Hammon, a female with no head coaching experience would be LeBron James head coach ? .
youre_nuts.gif

The Lakers players are jumping up and down with excitement about that one !

Last edited:
Yes, not only was hubby her assistant at MO State, but she also brought her 5 year old son and newborn daughter to every single game. By brought I mean they traveled WITH the team and the players were expected to help babysit. Not the best scenario when you’re trying to get in game mode or trying to catch up on homework and a baby is screaming or a 5 year old is begging for attention. Good luck with that.

Are you happy TN took the Harper family off MO State's hands? I ask because I think from a previous post of yours, wish I could find it, you made a snide remark then.

Reactions: LadyBearalum

Oh my goodness.... I’m trying to move past the fact that she hired her husband and now I find out that she brings her kids to the games...... what kind of monster did we hire?

So you or one of yours did not get to play much if at all and it was because they could not concentrate because of the children!! LOL!!!

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
It's also a direct violation of TN's anti-nepotism law. UT can spin it and create as many loopholes as they want, but it's a clear violation of that law no matter how much they deny it. Everyone knows that as an assistant coach, the head coach, his wife, will be his boss. I mean, she makes the call to hire him and fire him, and UT is gonna tell us she isn't his boss? lmao ok

They'll use the "adjusted chain of command" loophole like FB did with Monte Kiffin. If UT "wants" an anti-nepotism policy, then maybe they should make one that actually has teeth to it.

Young men know the rules and old men know the exceptions.

Reactions: volman128

It was just terrible when Pat did that with Tyler. The horror.

They'll have a nanny. It'll be fine.

I'm glad we're rushing to declare failure before we're a week into the tenure. I swear some people root for failure just so they can say they were right.

It was just terrible when Pat did that with Tyler. The horror.

They'll have a nanny. It'll be fine.

I'm glad we're rushing to declare failure before we're a week into the tenure. I swear some people root for failure just so they can say they were right.

Thanks DP I was starting to post the exact same thing and nobody gave a rats arse. Sour grapes by a troll coming to whine.!

We are really have a morality debate about an assistant coach hire and the impact of the nepotism law. Good lawd some people are helpless!

This is either missing blue font or ranks up their with dumbest complaint posts every written on Volnation. And we are talking about a website with a Hall of Fame worthy collection of dumb complaint posts.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back