Quavaris Crouch given me flashbacks

I don't understand if this is supposed to be a power or zone play based on steps by the OL. Missed assignment by either the C or LG. Either way good on Crouch to recognize the play and make the tackle, another example of how much work the OL needs to compete in the SEC. Pruitt/Friend are getting pieces, but they are young and it will be baptism by fire. Hoping some guys emerge over the summer and fall camp. Need more leaders up front on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 08Vol
Not anointing anyone, I realize he hasn't played a real down, yada yada yada, but for one brief moment, I was having flashbacks to another 27. Hope we see this many more times from this young man throughout his UT career. Go vols!

In that video the ball gets snapped right at the 2 second mark, Crouch makes contact and the clock still reads 3. Is that good?

Reactions: VolsnRavens
The guard was supposed to help with the d tackle and then get the linebacker I think. Crouch was just too fast and shot the gap immediately.
I doubt it. The guard or center never even looked to come of their double team. It wasn’t like they were chipping. They blocked the hell out of those guys though!

Reactions: 08Vol
Agreed. Horrible scheme on the offense. Watch the Center and right guard double team one defender and the left guard and tackle double team another. They both blocked hard to the outside, which naturally left the middle wide open. Crouch instinctively saw how stupid this play was drawn up and just headed down hill. I sure as hell hope they didn’t draw up the play like that. Why the hell you’d have four blocking two is beyond me.

Seeing that Center not even look his direction before and during getting blown by is very disappointing. Absolute kudos to QC for making the play, but man just WTH is happening with our OL. How can it continue like this, this far along???

I know OP said he's not annointing anyone but all that happened there was he ran through a 6 foot wide gap and collided with Banks. Reminds me nothing of Al Wilson.

It's got it's own little highlight? I mean Banks was taking 1 step forward and one sideways and Crouch comes running full speend from 10 yards out and he barley knocked him down.
Knocked the hops out of him.

All he needs is the neck pad. When you hit a hard as Al, you gotta protect yourself. Plus he looked like bad news.

He shot the gap and blew up the play, but didn’t even wrap up. Had a wide open shot and it wasn’t even a great hit. He is very promising, but let’s not do any annointing yet.

He also knew he was playing against his own teammate. I imagine had it been Gator blue, the back would have been carted off the field. Of course, given the ridiculous rules these days, Crouch would have probably been ejected.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I was out of town and couldn't see the game but glad to hear Crouch got to play, he was quite a player in high school- very esteemed by the Charlotte NC sportscasters/writers,
sounds like he has made some good impressions on his coaches

He also knew he was playing against his own teammate. I imagine had it been Gator blue, the back would have been carted off the field. Of course, given the ridiculous rules these days, Crouch would have probably been ejected.
if the back would of been gator blue ... he would of lost his footing and missed as the RB took it to the house . and yes i have battered vol syndrom ..... the first step to revovery is admitting it tho ... imma right

if the back would of been gator blue ... he would of lost his footing and missed as the RB took it to the house . and yes i have battered vol syndrom ..... the first step to revovery is admitting it tho ... imma right
The next step is to join a monastery, do the oath of silence thing and produce.

He shot the gap and blew up the play, but didn’t even wrap up. Had a wide open shot and it wasn’t even a great hit. He is very promising, but let’s not do any annointing yet.
you are
blind he blew the play up took down a tough banks and tackled him rolled him up. You could have just said the guard chose to take the end when the tackle had him and the guard should have rolled to the LB but the LB was looking like he was shot out of a canon.

VN Store

Back