Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack didn't take anything from the good ole boys club who supported Arnie as the lead dog in the pack. He was hated by many for upsetting the apple cart just like Greg Norman was with the World Golf Series push during his time. There has never been the first hint of indiscretion in the Nicklaus marriage. That marriage has been a model many should emulate. Ask any tour player or PGA employee from any era.
It's amazing how time and maturity seem to smooth out a lot of that old stuff amongst these guys.

Jack didn't take anything from the good ole boys club who supported Arnie as the lead dog in the pack. He was hated by many for upsetting the apple cart just like Greg Norman was with the World Golf Series push during his time. There has never been the first hint of indiscretion in the Nicklaus marriage. That marriage has been a model many should emulate. Ask any tour player or PGA employee from any era.
I think Tiger was who is dad made him in his younger years. I think he is learning that you can still want beat somebody like a drum without being a complete jerk to them.

Reactions: Vols4us

Greg Norman's marriage, OTOH...

Reactions: Vols4us
Erin? It was Jesper Parnevik who introduced Tiger to Elin Nordegren.

Poulter had nothing to do with Tiger's infidelities coming to surface. They simply have a history from some comments Poulter has made over the years and Poulter infamously hitching an uninvited ride on Tiger's jet.
I thought it was Mark O'Meara and his wife that introduced them..🤔 I have heard so many stories that they all run together..

Thanks for sharing this. I heard wrong then. I apologize for saying anything.
To be fair to you, I once read something that Tiger supposedly said after he was caught about how the media never went after Jack, or got into his personal life even though they knew. The obvious implication being there was something there to go after. Maybe you read that too, it's been 10 years ago and it all runs together.

"meh" GoT episode. They have to wrap up the great war + Cersei in 5 episodes. Better get moving.

Series has always had pacing issues. First few seasons were entertaining but slow story progression. Later seasons had to move faster out of necessity. Now they’re about to cram it all in the final few after slow pacing yet another episode with exposition we already knew about.

I've never thought Tiger ever tried to show his competition up. He's a man with many faults I just never really saw that about him.
He did a lot of gamesmanship stuff that pissed off the nice guy crowd. I agree with you, but even though I loved to watch him play, he was a jerk.

Well we have truly entered the forum wasteland now until August. I hope you all brought plenty of water and sunscreen as its going to be a mighty long trek. Some of you may not make it but know that there is glory at the end of the arduous journey that the brave may revel in!

Made exponentially worse by the removal of any ability to talk about things we haven't done professionally. Screwed, we are.

Well we have truly entered the forum wasteland now until August. I hope you all brought plenty of water and sunscreen as its going to be a mighty long trek. Some of you may not make it but know that there is glory at the end of the arduous journey that the brave may revel in!
I got my trekking poles ready

Reactions: bignewt
Series has always had pacing issues. First few seasons were entertaining but slow story progression. Later seasons had to move faster out of necessity. Now they’re about to cram it all in the final few after slow pacing yet another episode with exposition we already knew about.
Why do so many people have issues with character interaction and exposition? It's a huge story, that takes time to tell. You guys will get your wish though. It's gonna be nothing but blood and guts from here on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back