'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

I’d be more excited if he were faster than 4.7 that’s not his real 40 is it?
Recruiting profile pages rarely have accurate 40 times. Considering speed is one of the main reasons he's a take I'd highly doubt 4.7 is accurate. That's likely what he ran as a freshman in HS.

Recruiting profile pages rarely have accurate 40 times. Considering speed is one of the main reasons he's a take I'd highly doubt 4.7 is accurate. That's likely what he ran as a freshman in HS.
There's also a bunch of HS athletes that aren't trained on how to properly run a 40... you can lose several tenths on your break if you roll up instead of exploding out... that doesn't mean you're that many tenths slower... that means your 40 mechanics need sharpening...

Film says he's the fastest kid on every field he was on...

This was an article from last summer, recapping his sophomore year:

MORROW — During the 2017 season, Morrow High’s Jimmy Calloway went from an unknown sophomore to one of the top wide receivers in the state in the span of 10 games.
Calloway dominated opponents who were often two years older last season. He caught 32 passes for 684 yards and eight touchdowns, which was good for 21.3 yards per catch. He was named Region 3-AAAAA Athlete of the Year and Clayton County Offensive Player of the Year for his efforts.

“That was my plan, but I didn’t expect to do all of those highlights,” Calloway said regarding his breakout season. “I expected to make a few plays to help my team win.”
Calloway’s contributions weren’t exclusive to the offensive side of the ball. He was the county’s most dangerous return man, totalling nearly 1,000 additional yards and three more touchdowns in the return game. Calloway plays defensive back and serves as the punter for Morrow as well.

“Jimmy is, what can I say, he does it all,” Morrow head coach Jerome Weaks said. “He’s explosive with the ball in hands, when it’s not in his hands he blocks well at receiver. He plays defensive back for us. Anytime he’s on the field something special can happen at any time. Offense, defense, special teams — he’s just a pleasure to watch because he’s so explosive.”

Boom! Love his film and he looks better than a lot of higher rated prospects. Has great speed and is a super fluid/twitchy athlete

Reactions: Dennis64
I will make this bet...anyone can take me up on it...the real challenge with him will be keeping him. other schools will start calling once this senior season starts.

Reactions: JacketVol
I wouldn't be overly concerned with Calloway's speed. Last month he recorded a 10.84 100m, 21.99 200m and 22-10 long jump. His top marks in the same events as a sophomore were a 11.35, 22.50 and 22-5 respectively. Wouldn't be surprised to see him running 100s in the 10.6 range a year from now.

Last edited:
Remember Coach Pruitt lamenting the small players on Tennessee's sideline. He was going to change that. Now a 5'11" 166 lb player. B.S.

I know Simonton said the staff likes him at CB.... but considering no one on VQ even mentioned his name prior to 247 breaking the commitment news, I'd question how much he actually knows about this recruitment.

Tee has been one of his main recruiters (along with Rocker), and the kid says he wants to play receiver but the staff has talked to him about defense a little as well. So it sounds to me like they are taking him as listed - an athlete - and will figure out his position once he gets on campus.

I will say though.... he looks exactly like the kind of player this offense needs this year. A shifty, quick, speed guy in the slot.

If we're fortunate enough to land Rakim Jarrett and Muhsin Muhammad, two bigger, "traditional" style receivers as well as another guy, then this kid could be a perfect complimentary receiver.

Just saying.... you look around both college and in the pro's and most of the really good slot guys - be it that 8 year player from Clemson, to Cole Beasley or Julian Edelmen, etc... none of them were rankings guys.

VN Store

Back