2019 Orange and White Game thread 4.13.19 6:00 pm.

Spring games don't tell us much of anything anyway. Never has IMO. I wouldn't read too much into anything that took place today. My goal for this team in the fall is to take down USCe, Vandy, KY and Mizzou, win the non conference games, take down Miss State and be in the game at FLA with a chance to pull it out.
Have we ever beat Mizzou since they came in to the conference?

I’m sure this has been addressed, but if someone could save me some thread searching that would be great. Any news on the Palmer injury? I was having a few drinks watching the recording last night, but seemed to remember him limbing off with a knee....

Spring games don't tell us much of anything anyway. Never has IMO. I wouldn't read too much into anything that took place today. My goal for this team in the fall is to take down USCe, Vandy, KY and Mizzou, win the non conference games, take down Miss State and be in the game at FLA with a chance to pull it out.
Wow. Stretch goals I see. I understand setting goals you have to reach for, but come on. Have just a touch of realism in there.

Reactions: Frozevol
I’m sure this has been addressed, but if someone could save me some thread searching that would be great. Any news on the Palmer injury? I was having a few drinks watching the recording last night, but seemed to remember him limbing off with a knee....
And looked like the injury occurred after the whistle when Taylor took him down

I sat behind the "white" team. I heard a player ask one of the coaches about it...he said it was just a pulled muscle.

**Edit**It appeared to be his left thigh region

Team looks improved at every position except for place kicker. 8-4 even with some key injuries. 10-2 with a break and healthy
I agree. The timing of this schedule is perfect for this team and if healthy, add Solomon, Gibbs and by some miracle a healthy Trey Smith and Kirkland Jr to the lineup and we are talking about a bunch of good football players on the field for the Vols this year. I think coaching will naturally progress as well as our players. Lots of ifs but we're closer to a 10 win season than we are a 6 win one in my opinion.

Reactions: Nationdom
I know I’m not attending a spring game in Pruitt’s soon to be short tenure here after his comments last year.
He learned his lesson and kept his mouth shut this year, despite what appears to have been a smaller crowd he and his coaching smock have been full of praise for the fans this year. I'll give him credit for that much, you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I know I’m not attending a spring game in Pruitt’s soon to be short tenure here after his comments last year.
Are you actually a fan or masquerading as one? Just asking, cause you seem to have an insight that CJP will have a short tenure or are you still bitter about his comments after last year’s O & W game (new HEAD coach)? Seems bitter.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I was at the game yesterday and had a good time. I would estimate the stadium was at about 1/3 capacity (or roughly 35,000). Not a good turnout but not embarrassing either .... what comments from last year are you referring to? Or was this just a hit and run post?

VN Store

Back