Kellie on immediate final four expectations

No you didn't. If she had made your preferred statement, what are the odds you would be complaining about it being so vacuous and betraying a lack of confidence.? FYI, it would be really hard to tell a noticeable difference between your envisioned statement, and,uh, well, err, I don't know.

"How quickly we get there? I don't know, I don't know" I believe this is the last statement in the article. As to your saying "your prefered statement" It is not my prefered statement. I could not be complaining about anything "Coach K" have nothing close to derogatory to say about her or anything less than excited for the "new day" for the program. As a matter of fact she and Lawson have been my choices from the start. Yes, I do complain once in awhile. But that was not my intent with this post. But take it however you please, just looks to me like you are hunting something to complain about.

"How quickly we get there? I don't know, I don't know" I believe this is the last statement in the article. As to your saying "your prefered statement" It is not my prefered statement. I could not be complaining about anything "Coach K" have nothing close to derogatory to say about her or anything less than excited for the "new day" for the program. As a matter of fact she and Lawson have been my choices from the start. Yes, I do complain once in awhile. But that was not my intent with this post. But take it however you please, just looks to me like you are hunting something to complain about.

Sorry, given how much animosity had come to be associated with CHW's use of the phrase, I just did not see that comparison as a supportive one,

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Updating my predictions for the following season:

I think Tennessee can be second in the SEC by the end of next season. SC, A&M, and Kentucky will be tough, but beatable for us, with MSST being more difficult to beat than many people think, despite their loss of McCowan.

We will lose to UConn in Storrs, but the question will be by how much and what is the quality of play. If we can get within 10 points against them in Connecticut, we can beat them soundly in Knoxville the following season. Forget what the haters have been saying; this is still THE rivalry in women's ball. I don't think UConn players are prepared for its magnitude the way ours are.

I think we'll be Sweet Sixteen contenders pretty easily right off the bat. Getting beyond that will depend largely on how well Kellie can improve the team's IQ. The crowd at the top is getting larger, I can see us both getting knocked out relatively early, or making deep runs.

I see Tennessee as a sure top 10-12 team. If Kellie's got the skill and can make us a top 6-7 team, we can win a ring.

Updating my predictions for the following season:

I think Tennessee can be second in the SEC by the end of next season. SC, A&M, and Kentucky will be tough, but beatable for us, with MSST being more difficult to beat than many people think, despite their loss of McCowan.

We will lose to UConn in Storrs, but the question will be by how much and what is the quality of play. If we can get within 10 points against them in Connecticut, we can beat them soundly in Knoxville the following season. Forget what the haters have been saying; this is still THE rivalry in women's ball. I don't think UConn players are prepared for its magnitude the way ours are.

I think we'll be Sweet Sixteen contenders pretty easily right off the bat. Getting beyond that will depend largely on how well Kellie can improve the team's IQ. The crowd at the top is getting larger, I can see us both getting knocked out relatively early, or making deep runs.

I see Tennessee as a sure top 10-12 team. If Kellie's got the skill and can make us a top 6-7 team, we can win a ring.

Agree with a lot of this IF and only IF PG play is consistent. I'm assuming it's Jordan's spot to lose. They would be even better if Massengill improves enough that she can play significant minutes without a huge drop off in quality of play.

If you're not competing and playing for the title, why play at all? Kellie is channeling Pat here IMO.
She's channeling nobody. She just has a realistic assessment of fan expectations. Plus, her statement about playing for championships has been expressed by practically every coach in every sport. Coach Summitt is dead. Kellie is Kellie. Let her be Kellie.

Why wouldn’t it? That’s such an asinine, sexist statement.
Probably because it's much harder to make the FF in MCBB. Every game is a trap game, unlike the constant blowouts you see from the top women's teams until the S16 or E8.

VN Store

Back