Brian Maurer Taking First Snaps Under Center

I seem to remember Peytons developmental freshman year , they all need to be as ready as possible.
don't disagree with that. but just like that scenario, it wasn't the plan to have him start. it wasn't the plan even when JQ went down. he and helton and stuart all split reps iirc. until ultimatley peyton won out...i think helton got hurt too? long time ago....

anyway...you're right....but i still don't assume that this year is anything more than a RS development year for BM.

I seem to remember Peytons developmental freshman year , they all need to be as ready as possible.

Some Freshman QBs are more ready than others to contribute immediately. Peyton fell into that category and even he struggled a bit as a Freshman. Maurer struck me as the type of player that needs a development year before he might conceivably be ready, but this reiterates that point.

Similar deal with Shrout, who I still don't think is ready.

If JG goes down this year, there's a potentially steep dropoff. Good news is that things will likely improve quite a bit by next season as far as QB depth goes.

I remember a day when Oklahoma did pretty darn good running the ball. Triple Option or something silly like that. But then I'm old.
Those were the days back then. Oklahoma, Texas running the triple option, Houston had their own Veer offense. I remember James Street and the longhorns killed us in the Cotton Bowl back in the late60s. it was a thing of beauty to watch if you had a QB that could go thru the reads..

VN Store

Back