Grant will test the NBA draft waters

If he comes back next year, how is he going to showcase his ball handling and three point shooting? Move him to small forward and let Fulkerson and Walker play down low? It is easy to say what he can do, but he will not have the capability to do that in this offense next season. It will be the same thing that he has been doing.

If he comes back next year, how is he going to showcase his ball handling and three point shooting? Move him to small forward and let Fulkerson and Walker play down low? It is easy to say what he can do, but he will not have the capability to do that in this offense next season. It will be the same thing that he has been doing.
Why can’t he shoot more from the perimeter?

Reactions: Big time vol
Yep. I think Grant is a great College Player who would greatly benefit from another year in College. He will need to shoot the 3 better as a pro; and his ball handling could be better. He can be the Hero at UT or a journeyman . I KNOW what I'd rather be.

My thoughts exactly, he needs a better 3 point production. As far as that goes his mid range shot will need to be better at the pro level. As for hero, I don't think that enters into his thought process. Journeyman, that's what he is finding out about. That is not his goal either. I feel he will be back.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Yep. I think Grant is a great College Player who would greatly benefit from another year in College. He will need to shoot the 3 better as a pro; and his ball handling could be better. He can be the Hero at UT or a journeyman . I KNOW what I'd rather be.

Rich?

Reactions: HalfullVol

Well lemme see. He works all Summer (and in the Summer league) on his 3 range and his Ball Skills, and If you have the skill; opportunities present themselves within the framework of the game. He can Dribble Drive, Post up, or Take a three. He MAY also want to work on his hook shot, He will need that in the NBA . Fosho.

Wonder if Bone would come back if his rating wasnt good, but Grant did leave ? Bone not ranked in the top 100 on ESPN but Grant is # 24, Admiral something like 36

Seriously, what position will Grant play in the NBA?
It would have to be a small forward. He doesn't shoot the jump shot consistently enough and his handles aren't the best. I do think Grant will play in the NBA, but I will go on record that he will come back next season. He did say in the presser that Jordan Bone could also come back next year. If they both come back the Vols should have another great year and hopefully make a deeper run in the NCAA Tourney.

Reactions: vols 30
It would have to be a small forward. He doesn't shoot the jump shot consistently enough and his handles aren't the best. I do think Grant will play in the NBA, but I will go on record that he will come back next season. He did say in the presser that Jordan Bone could also come back next year. If they both come back the Vols should have another great year and hopefully make a deeper run in the NCAA Tourney.

He is a generation late for the NBA. Forwards now in the NBA have to be able to handle the ball and shoot like a guard from the outside. Mid range jump shots and second chance points aren’t what teams value anymore. Very few if any forwards play with their back to the rim anymore and Grant just does not have the size to post up anyone if it were valued in the NBA. His game just does not translate to what the NBA has become. I hope for his sake he makes a lot of money but he is a smart kid who will be successful with or without basketball imho

Seriously, what position will Grant play in the NBA?

He is too small to play the forward and doesn’t have the range or ball skills to play guard. He is a utility/role player but that isn’t a terrible gig. They still can make a lot of money

He is a generation late for the NBA. Forwards now in the NBA have to be able to handle the ball and shoot like a guard from the outside. Mid range jump shots and second chance points aren’t what teams value anymore. Very few if any forwards play with their back to the rim anymore and Grant just does not have the size to post up anyone if it were valued in the NBA. His game just does not translate to what the NBA has become. I hope for his sake he makes a lot of money but he is a smart kid who will be successful with or without basketball imho
Agree with what you say on your analysis. Sure hope Grant gets that analysis in his NBA tryout. Very solid College player but the NBA isn't for everyone.

Selfishly I want Grant to come back, but I also think he can improve his draft stock. Show an improved outside shot then he could possibly sneak into the lottery.

VN Store

Back