How much heat does Fulmer get if Barnes leaves?

It's according to if we find out why he left. If it was really because Fulmer was basically ignoring the basketball program, a lot of heat. Either way he should face some heat, a good part of his job is to retain/hire successful coaches.

Depends on if Fulmer made CRB a counter offer that showed we wanted him to stay or just did not try to keep CRB. If he made no effort to keep him then yes he should catch heat, if he made a serious attempt to keep him and CRB still left then no.

Zero.

If Barnes leaves it's because he wants to rebuild a blue blood and establish his legacy, that's it. Fulmer apparently has done everything he could to keep him around. It's been stated several times this won't be about money at all.

Reactions: TC 83 and OrangenSC
Zero.

If Barnes leaves it's because he wants to rebuild a blue blood and establish his legacy, that's it. Fulmer apparently has done everything he could to keep him around. It's been stated several times this won't be about money at all.
The possible heat will be about the potential head basketball coaching hires men's and women's

With basketball on the upswing and Barnes' heart functioning, is this a move by Fulmer to coach again?

It's according to if we find out why he left. If it was really because Fulmer was basically ignoring the basketball program, a lot of heat. Either way he should face some heat, a good part of his job is to retain/hire successful coaches.

He just fired a VFL (it was time) from a substantially more successful women's program. Who he is currently still looking for her replacement. Anybody claiming he is ignoring basketball is looking for something to b!+ch and moan about.

Reactions: Vol49er
I get that instinct but Barnes is the second highest paid coach in the SEC, and was probably offered a raise today. Don’t think basketball is being “neglected”

He just fired a VFL (it was time) from a substantially more successful women's program. Who he is currently still looking for her replacement. Anybody claiming he is ignoring basketball is looking for something to b!+ch and moan about.

Reported ignoring of basketball dates back to the regular season. Also, womens and mens basketball, even here, are vastly different animals. I.E the men's team makes a large profit each season, around 10-15 percent of the annual profit that athletic dept makes each year. The women's program, while enjoyed by Vols fans, loses money most years.

I’m sure there’s issues on both sides. Something had to happen or you would thing Barnes tells Lanier to hol off a few days on leaving.

Just going on reports and the facts that Barnes was paying assistants out of his own pocket at one point, as well as massive dollars for football assistants during that time. Wrong or right, Fulmer's job is to smooth that over and he may not have done a very good job of that.

I get that instinct but Barnes is the second highest paid coach in the SEC, and was probably offered a raise today. Don’t think basketball is being “neglected”

Reported ignoring of basketball dates back to the regular season. Also, womens and mens basketball, even here, are vastly different animals. I.E the men's team makes a large profit each season, around 10-15 percent of the annual profit that athletic dept makes each year. The women's program, while enjoyed by Vols fans, loses money most years.

That's more reason for him to ignore women's basketball in that case. Something he didnt do.

Was he not in Barnes team meetings or helping out in practice drills, grabbing water? What was he ignoring during the regular season exactly? Did Barnes need some help on inbounds plays and Fulmer just not respond to his txt?

Way too many questions to be answered at this point. What reasons does Barnes give for departing and who does Fulmer hire?

Has a P-5, top 10 basketball program ever had their coach poached by another P-5? Off hand I'm drawing a blank. It might be a TN thing.

Stan Huntsman (Track & Field) from TN to Texas.

Johnny Majors from Pittsburgh (an independent in 1976/77) to TN.

Maybe CM Newton from Bama to Vandy and Brown from Vandy to USCe. Can't remember those details.

Usually they move to the NBA or the NFL from a major program when deciding to leave.

Is it even that common for a coach at one high major to leave for another unless it's to their alma mater? TN had Kevin O'Neil, Kiffin, Cuonzo, and Barnes all do that. BVS is real.

Just going on reports and the facts that Barnes was paying assistants out of his own pocket at one point, as well as massive dollars for football assistants during that time. Wrong or right, Fulmer's job is to smooth that over and he may not have done a very good job of that.
Sure but Desmond Oliver was given a raise right after that

I would say a lot until reports came out there was a counter offer. He's trying so I don't know why ppl would get upset

VN Store

Back