How much heat does Fulmer get if Barnes leaves?

Given that Fulmer got on it and made a strong offer to keep Barnes, probably not that much. But it hurts to lose a COY and Fulmer needs to hire a solid replacement, which won’t be easy.

Given that Fulmer got on it and made a strong offer to keep Barnes, probably not that much. But it hurts to lose a COY and Fulmer needs to hire a solid replacement, which won’t be easy.

Agreed. Rick is an old guy and it is not like they are losing a Billy Donovan in his prime. Forbes is a good replacement and there are others. It will be nice if Rick stays and totally commits to the program but not a disaster if he leaves. Phil gave it a great shot and has at least delayed the announcement by a day.

Reactions: wmcovol
Agreed. Rick is an old guy and it is not like they are losing a Billy Donovan in his prime. Forbes is a good replacement and there are others. It will be nice if Rick stays and totally commits to the program but not a disaster if he leaves. Phil gave it a great shot and has at least delayed the announcement by a day.

So Tennessee should not over pay for Barnes, but they should over pay for a 25-10 mid major coach?

So Tennessee should not over pay for Barnes, but they should over pay for a 25-10 mid major coach?

I suspect that Fulmer made an offer that would have put Barnes well inside the Top 10 nationally. Nothing wrong with that.

None from me. Yes, football HAS to get straightened out. Barnes is well paid and if he needed more $ for assistants, there’s damn sure better ways to get it than pulling this ****.

Reactions: SmokeMSJ
I suspect that Fulmer made an offer that would have put Barnes well inside the Top 10 nationally. Nothing wrong with that.

Not at all. Heck I think they should pay up........they will not get anything better.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back