Auburn just got screwed...

I hate Bruce ball. It’s not fun to watch. I used to have a different opionion, but now, I wish the three were eliminated from basketball.

The NCAA should go ahead eliminate the dunk again too.

It puts those with limited athleticism at a disadvantage.

Reactions: volfanbill
I though the defender was moving forward and the shooter went up for a jump shot. Defender ran into him. Don't rag the ref rag the defender. I am sure the last thing they were told coming out of the time out was don't foul. The UT foul was less obvious.

Last edited:
The defender didn’t land anywhere close to where he jumped from. He was clearly jumping forward. It’s not even debatable. Rules state the shooter has to have room to land. The double drill though is a bad miss.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Given how the game had been officiated for 39 minutes and 58.5 seconds, you can’t make that call.

The foul didn’t impact the shot at all. Guy had released the ball before contact and lost his landing spot.

Regardless of arguing whether it was or was not a foul, you simply can’t choose to not swallow your whistle after doing exactly that for the entire game up to that point.

Reactions: Zues1
Given how the game had been officiated for 39 minutes and 58.5 seconds, you can’t make that call.

The foul didn’t impact the shot at all. Guy had released the ball before contact and lost his landing spot.

Regardless of arguing whether it was or was not a foul, you simply can’t choose to not swallow your whistle after doing exactly that for the entire game up to that point.

Do you literally not see the picture a few posts above? He hits his lower body before he releases the ball, that most definitely impacts a shot.

Do you literally not see the picture a few posts above? He hits his lower body before he releases the ball, that most definitely impacts a shot.

Guy was going thru his release. The contact wasn’t impacting his shot but instead, the landing.

But back to main point, you can’t decide to call that a foul when you’ve swallowed the whistle for the other 39 minutes and 58 seconds.

Guy was going thru his release. The contact wasn’t impacting his shot but instead, the landing.

But back to main point, you can’t decide to call that a foul when you’ve swallowed the whistle for the other 39 minutes and 58 seconds.

That is idiocy. Hitting someone's lower body at that point would then force their upper body to be shifted as well, thus altering his previously anticipated release point. Anyone that does not believe that was a foul should give up watching basketball.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
That is idiocy. Hitting someone's lower body at that point would then force their upper body to be shifted as well, thus altering his previously anticipated release point. Anyone that does not believe that was a foul should give up watching basketball.

Once again, you do not make that call when you’ve allowed muggings by both teams for the other 39 minutes and 58 seconds.

There was absolutely zero consistency with that call vs how the game was officiated.

That was one of the weakest fouls/contact of the entire game. Guess you’re okay with all the no calls that went on? Because you’re a hypocrite with your silence on that....

Once again, you do not make that call when you’ve allowed muggings by both teams for the other 39 minutes and 58 seconds.

There was absolutely zero consistency with that call vs how the game was officiated.

That was one of the weakest fouls/contact of the entire game. Guess you’re okay with all the no calls that went on? Because you’re a hypocrite with your silence on that....

Find me another 3 point shot in that game where that contact was allowed.

Find me another 3 point shot in that game where that contact was allowed.

Did you even watch the game? There were countless fouls in the paint, on the elbow, on three point shots on both teams that weren’t getting called and had more contact than the last one on the Guy shot.

I’m gonna take it from your ignorance you didn’t watch the game at all.....

Figures....

Did you even watch the game? There were countless fouls in the paint, on the elbow, on three point shots on both teams that weren’t getting called and had more contact than the last one on the Guy shot.

I’m gonna take it from your ignorance you didn’t watch the game at all.....

Figures....

Watched the whole thing. Find the example of the defender doing an a to b jump on a 3 point shooter, not called a foul. Since you watched, should be easy.

Looks like he is still in his shot with the ball in his hands when the defender takes out his legs. This isn’t a ticky tack call away from the ball or something, the shooter was mugged and it’s clear as day and not debatable.

Looks like he is still in his shot with the ball in his hands when the defender takes out his legs. This isn’t a ticky tack call away from the ball or something, the shooter was mugged and it’s clear as day and not debatable.

Give me a break.

The refs choose to not swallow their whistles when they had done that the entire game. That was clear as day.

If they were being consistent from start to finish, they don’t make that call.

Sadly, they took the game out of the players’ hands and made it about them.

This wasn’t just the only game this tourney that’s been subject to horrible inconsistent officiating.

Give me a break.

The refs choose to not swallow their whistles when they had done that the entire game. That was clear as day.

If they were being consistent from start to finish, they don’t make that call.

Sadly, they took the game out of the players’ hands and made it about them.

This wasn’t just the only game this tourney that’s been subject to horrible inconsistent officiating.
You act as though there wasn’t a foul called the entire game lol. They let them play in the paint but there wasn’t a single time a defender got away with fouling a jump shooter when closing out on him the entire game. They let a lot of other stuff go, but they couldn’t let that foul there go, it completely changed his shot.

Reactions: allvol123
You act as though there wasn’t a foul called the entire game lol. They let them play in the paint but there wasn’t a single time a defender got away with fouling a jump shooter when closing out on him the entire game. They let a lot of other stuff go, but they couldn’t let that foul there go, it completely changed his shot.

Go back and watch and you will Guy, Jerome, and Brown get contacted worse than the call at the end only have no whistles......

If you think the game was consistently officiated, you’re insane. This entire tournament has had game after game with inconsistent officiating and take the games out of the players’ hands.

2ng7bkz.png

Watched the whole thing. Find the example of the defender doing an a to b jump on a 3 point shooter, not called a foul. Since you watched, should be easy.
Bryce brown got hit just as hard on one of his made 3s in the closing minutes. The refs were letting a lot go both ways

Not sure how you argue that it wasn't a foul. He bodied the guy before he realeased the ball. Just an awful play by the defender; especially at the end of the game. You just can't make contact with a shooter and give a ref the chance to blow the whistle.

Reactions: vollygirl
Got the video?
Don’t care enough to rewatch it; I barely had the motivation to watch it live.

Don’t get me wrong, I was rooting against Auburn and also thought there was plenty of contact on UVA’s last made 3. The refs were letting all sorts of contact go all game. UVA had to foul 3 times in the last 20 seconds just to get Auburn to the bonus. Compare that to our games where teams were regularly in the bonus 5 minutes into the second half for next to nothing. There is no consistency

The NCAA should go ahead eliminate the dunk again too.

It puts those with limited athleticism at a disadvantage.
Dunks are just a layup, but flashy. I like to watch competitive sports. The three point shot in the modern game takes away from the game as I’ve always perceived it. There’s a 50 percent advantage in points from taking a three over a two point shot and a only a 33ish point disadvantage in percentage. The modern game is exploiting this weakness. I’ve watch the warriors and just tried to enjoy that style and I can’t find it in me.

VN Store

Back