John Brice says

manville77

Am told @phillipfulmer in Tampa for addtl intrvus 4 Lady Vols job w/ his inner circle including agent. List has 6-8 names & Kara Lawson interest IS Mutual. She’s spoken to Fulmer re: job & has strong desire to restore alma mater to prominence. Butler, Fargas, Harper among others.

Reactions: TennMan101
Am told @phillipfulmer in Tampa for addtl intrvus 4 Lady Vols job w/ his inner circle including agent. List has 6-8 names & Kara Lawson interest IS Mutual. She’s spoken to Fulmer re: job & has strong desire to restore alma mater to prominence. Butler, Fargas, Harper among others.
I hope against hope that the Kara Lawson thing doesn't happen

Last edited:
I hope against hope that the Kara Lawson this doesn't happen

You also wanted Jeff Walz 😂... Like I said before I am just checking to make sure you’re going to be ok because with the championship game tonite this process should be wrapping up soon.

I don’t even know why Amanda Butler is on the list Nikki is because of her LV connections I am sure.

Kara does have a STRONG personality so if she was chosen her assistants better be prepared 😂 the best thing is she values defense but she knows you gotta put the ball in the bucket so I think we would see an uptick on offensive flow.

Reactions: mlindsay and LAVol1
You also wanted Jeff Walz 😂... Like I said before I am just checking to make sure you’re going to be ok because with the championship game tonite this process should be wrapping up soon.

I don’t even know why Amanda Butler is on the list Nikki is because of her LV connections I am sure.

Kara does have a STRONG personality so if she was chosen her assistants better be prepared 😂
Kara Lawson has no experience and I think she would be a flop as Tennessee women's head basketball coach. Every poster on Volnation has an opinion why be snide about me voicing my opinions?

Kara Lawson has no experience and I think she would be a flop as Tennessee women's head basketball coach. Every poster on Volnation has an opinion why be snide about me voicing my opinions?

Snide? I was kidding hence the emoji. So snide my comment was not. Did you not voice that you wanted Jeff Walz? Then you insisted that if he wasn’t coming it was because he wasn’t contacted... I just said I am going to check on you when the decision was made because you’re really hoping for him to be hired.

Just like any poster who posts on here expect a comment because that is what a forum is for. So again while I was joking being snide wasn’t the intent I just was responding to your post. But trust me I won’t comment on your stuff again because this subject has everybody tight as a tick 😂

Kara does have a STRONG personality so if she was chosen her assistants better be prepared 😂 the best thing is she values defense but she knows you gotta put the ball in the bucket so I think we would see an uptick on offensive flow.

If we are considering one candidate over another because they are VFL, then Randy Sanders will be our next football coach, right?

If we are considering one candidate over another because they are VFL, then Randy Sanders will be our next football coach, right?

He has been a part of two National Champ teams 😎 let’s see if CFP has enough money to pony up to get him from ETSU 😏

Reactions: Detective

Who ever is hired needs to do two things for assistants. Bring back Kara Elzy from Kentucky to recruit and install the defense. Elzy left the LV staff for Kentucky simply because she did not get along with Coach Harley Warlick. Second keep Shoronna Reaves as the recruiting coordinator. She is directly responsible for these top recruiting classes.

Then don’t begrudge me for strongly endorsing Kara for the job. I think it would be a home run hire!

I'm apprehensive about it all. You can see this going so right or so wrong...I love Kara and hope she does well, but I do worry about how long it would take her to get a functional system in place.

Brice mentioned "6-8 names" but only spelled out four. Wonder who the others might be.

Guess I've got more faith than some that Fulmer will identify the best person for the job and not cave to the wishes of this faction or that. He did a pretty good job with Pruitt. He knows what it takes to be a winning coach at this level. Surely he saw what made Pat great. I just don't buy that he will sell his beloved university out by going cheap or settling for anything less than the best available option.

Last edited:
Brice mentioned "6-8 names" but only spelled out four. Wonder who the others might be.

Guess I've got more faith than some that Fulmer will identify the best person for the job and not cave to the wishes of this faction or that. He did a pretty job with Pruitt. He knows what it takes to be a winning coach at this level. Surely he saw what made Pat great. I just don't buy that he will sell his beloved university out by going cheap or settling for anything less than the best available option.
Let’s hope you’re right that Fulmer will make a great hire. Imo Pruitt has proven nothing yet that make him a good hire, we can only wish it so.

Snide? I was kidding hence the emoji. So snide my comment was not. Did you not voice that you wanted Jeff Walz? Then you insisted that if he wasn’t coming it was because he wasn’t contacted... I just said I am going to check on you when the decision was made because you’re really hoping for him to be hired.

Just like any poster who posts on here expect a comment because that is what a forum is for. So again while I was joking being snide wasn’t the intent I just was responding to your post. But trust me I won’t comment on your stuff again because this subject has everybody tight as a tick 😂

Face it, many people posting on here wear their feelings on their sleeve. They tend to get upset over anything that does not agree with their point of view.

Face it, many people posting on here wear their feelings on their sleeve. They tend to get upset over anything that does not agree with their point of view.

😃 yea I’m someone who has been called “ keyboard tough” on here and that’s not my intent 😂 I can have a conversation where I can disagree with someone without attacking them

I'm apprehensive about it all. You can see this going so right or so wrong...I love Kara and hope she does well, but I do worry about how long it would take her to get a functional system in place.

A "functional system", Hel-! it will take anyone a while to accomplish this. They will be starting from scratch as there is not one in place now!!

Reactions: 10takum

VN Store

Back