Just pay the Baylor coach whatever it takes

It amazes me how people are so willing to freely spend other people’s money. Spending lots of money on a coach doesn’t necessarily mean guaranteed success, then where are you? Stuck with an expensive buyout with attendance and concession sales cratering.

Most of those coaches aren’t going anywhere anyway.

Reactions: BUBear
I'm sure Phil is gonna throw football money at a non revenue generating sport. He will hire a coach and pay her more than Barnes or Pruitt. Next women's basketball coach will be below one million a year that is reality everyone can believe in.

I said in another post that Phil should throw football money at her.

When tv revenue starts declining there's a bunch of salaries and money losing sports that needs to be cut. No, football type money belongs to the sport that brings in that kind of money and it's not LV basketball. The poor ole fellows that strap on the helmets generate hundreds of millions of dollars but only get an education. The university and coaches are making a kings ransom off of them. Deflate coaching salaries and the university's slice of the pie and help the real ones that generate the income.

Reactions: VFL17
We got Bruce Pearl to come here for nothing, that's what Fulmer will try to accomplish on this hire also.

This hire should be done as cheap as possible, 90% of the fanbase could not care less who Phil hires. Phil will make a cheap hire and put the rest of the money towards football.
And some of the wizards on this board said Phil would never fire Holly.

Reactions: mcannon1 and BUBear
She is going to finish her coaching career at Baylor and you would be better off flushing the money down the toilet than offering it to her.
Loyalty is the name of Kim's game. I hope she wears La Tech colors tomorrow like she did in 2005.

She wanted a five year deal, as was LA Tech's practice back then, but they only offered four.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Kim-mulkey-baylor.jpg
Day-yum, she smoke too. Hire her.

Unless you call $1 million in today’s money ($800K in 2005) cheap.

Bruce had just advanced his mid-major team (UW-Milwaukee) to it’s first Sweet Sixteen by upsetting two higher ranked teams. Which Lady Vols coaching candidate does that sound like?

Hiring an coach on the rise gives you good value that you can increase compensation to AFTER they prove their worth. Sounds smart, not cheap, to me.

We got Bruce Pearl to come here for nothing, that's what Fulmer will try to accomplish on this hire also.

Women's Basketball is not a money maker. Tennessee would be stupid to pay a ton for a coach. Sorry.

Talk to her if you must for the sake of true LVBB fans and to remove a talking point for the trolls. She will not come, so hire the next Coach Kim. Her history is she was a very successful player and assistant coach who had international experience before she assumed her HC at Baylor

Last edited:
Elite programs find coaches on Fifth Ave while Tennessee shops at the Dollar Tree.... It’s the Tennessee way.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Elite programs find coaches on Fifth Ave while Tennessee shops at the Dollar Tree.... It’s the Tennessee way.

If I'm not mistaken, we are paying top 5 money to our football staff. You can't expect a sport that loses money every year to get the same kind of financial commitment. That's just business. LV fans may not like hearing it, but it's not going to get same level of support nor should it IMO.

Unless you call $1 million in today’s money ($800K in 2005) cheap.

Bruce had just advanced his mid-major team (UW-Milwaukee) to it’s first Sweet Sixteen by upsetting two higher ranked teams. Which Lady Vols coaching candidate does that sound like?

Hiring an coach on the rise gives you good value that you can increase compensation to AFTER they prove their worth. Sounds smart, not cheap, to me.
Not even comparable. The women's sweet sixteen still has about half of its teams that aren't very good.

She so reminds me of Coach Summit. She is a no nonsense old school coach that gets the best out of her players. If she can recruit at Baylor she can recruit here.
Sounds good, but it's gonna take us paying upwards of 1.5mil+...no luck on that...

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Geno was an assistant coach at St Joe's, a HS in Philly and Virginia before assuming the UCONN job.
Walz was a succesful assistant at 3 stops before taking the Louisville job.
McGraw was an assistant at St Joe's(where she played) who got the job at Lehigh who was not a dominant winning high level coach before ND

VN Store

Back