Just pay the Baylor coach whatever it takes

Kim-mulkey-baylor.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I doubt there is enough money in the world to get Mulkey to leave Baylor, or more precisely Waco, TX. Her daughter just gave birth to a son, Kim's grandchild, after losing another grandchild last November. I see no way she would ever leave Waco and I doubt her daughter and family would move to Knoxville.

Mulkey is a Bear on the court, but at home she’s ‘just the grandmother’

Kim loves Baylor and has a perfect gig. She's been very vocal about her love of the school and her family is all there.....I don't think all the money in the world would get her to uproot and leave when she's already loaded and in a great situation. I've had mixed feelings about her over the years (ex. comments she made and winning just 1 title during the Griner/Sims era was inexcusable) but overall she's a darn good coach. She's definitely a bit on the crazy side but owns it 100% which I can respect. Love her interviews too, she's a fun character. I'll be very happy for either her or Muffet when one wins her 3rd.

Last edited:
This hire should be done as cheap as possible, 90% of the fanbase could not care less who Phil hires. Phil will make a cheap hire and put the rest of the money towards football.

I said in another post that Phil should throw football money at her.
The bidding would start WAY north of two million per and a new basketball arena.

Women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey was reported with more than $2.1 million in total pay, with nearly $1.85 million as base pay. Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma's basic pay for the 2015-16 season was $2.17 million.Apr 29, 2016.

I would slap Kim's name on that building if I were Baylor.

Then there would have to be jobs for Clay and Makenzie Fuller in the UT AD.

Last edited:
The bidding would start WAY north of two million per and a new basketball arena.

I would slap Kim's name on that building if I were Baylor.

Then there would have to be jobs for Clay and Makenzie Fuller in the UT AD.

Are you inside my head? I was just saying the same exact thing earlier tonight. o_O

Kim would be the perfect coach for where Tennessee is right now. Ideally the hire is someone who is experienced enough to make an immediate positive impact, but she/he doesn’t necessarily HAVE to be someone who is still here 25 years from now. The program needs a serious injection of confidence, and Mulkey could no doubt provide it.

Kim will be 57 soon, and I could see her coaching at LEAST another 10 years — plenty of time to have had the program back to elite status and with years to spare before it’s time to carefully choose, perhaps, a younger replacement for her when she finally hangs up her whistle.

I know it’s the longest of long shots, but I’ve lived long enough to know that sometimes the impossible happens. Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor is highly improbable, but I wouldn’t consider it impossible. We never know what’ll happen ‘til it happens!

I’ll just be over here in the corner hoping for a miracle. :)

Last edited:
It's not the Tennessee way to open up the pocketbook. I wish it were, but history has shown us it's not.

Reactions: Jabruzar
I doubt there is enough money in the world to get Mulkey to leave Baylor, or more precisely Waco, TX. Her daughter just gave birth to a son, Kim's grandchild, after losing another grandchild last November. I see no way she would ever leave Waco and I doubt her daughter and family would move to Knoxville.

Mulkey is a Bear on the court, but at home she’s ‘just the grandmother’

Her daughter is on her staff at Baylor. If Kim left she would follow no doubt.

If Tennessee had money, we would have paid Waltz

Looks like we make a safe hire, at a low price

She so reminds me of Coach Summit. She is a no nonsense old school coach that gets the best out of her players. If she can recruit at Baylor she can recruit here.

why in the world would she want to come to UT?

Reactions: Creekdog
CPF will go the dollar store way to hire a coach, noit the penthouse way. We will get what we pay for. Never go to the penthouse for any woman's program

VN Store

Back