Turner not happy/Talk about the foul

He played his ass off. I don't like the one tweet regarding Barnes but the others are harmless.

The Iowa foul was with 2:39 left. You said it was a last second foul. It wasn't.
It wasn’t but at the end of the game so kinda where I was at with the post.. but the Purdue one sure damn was.. and it cost us.. I feel he had this weird attitude all year where he was either fully in or like pouting.. just something I noticed. Still he did ball out

here’s my issue.. lamonte fouled on a last second shot in back to back games. Foul or not he still contested a shot which ended up sending us to OT in both games. The bigger issue I have is that he “fouled” walker on the worst percentage shot in basketball. Now he’s tweeting and retweeting all this stuff and it’s like bro.. we had it in the bag and again you cost us this time really cost us.

Just my two cents on it.. really ticky tack play and shouldn’t have been called but still now we are here watching

First, in the Iowa game it was clearly not a foul and a bad call on the ref, that is validated by post game history. Secondly, the Vols would not even be in the game if it had not been for Lamonte's defense and offense. I was there watching Lamonte's excellent defense. He was all over Edwards when he was guarding him. That last play should not have made a difference if the Vols had closed. It was hustle by Lamonte and I wound not want it any other way. Based upon Purdue's 3 point shooting during the game and everything going in, if he had not contested that shot, it would have gone in. You can see Lamonte affect Edwards shot, foul or no foul.

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
UT wins the Purdue game if they had done better at the free throw stripe or Cline does not hit 7 of 10 3 pointers. Those were the 2 main factors that led to the UT loss.

Not Barnes fault the team shot 50% from free throw line in the most important game of the year. (Or that Admiral misses a dunk that would have gotten us the win in regulation). So I think Admiral should just let it be and not subtweet CRB on Twitter

It was a foul. Why all the crying? He fouled him.. he should own up to his mistake rather than taking an easy out on say my coach didn’t have my back. Your coach knows the rules. You should try it as well and not cost your team a trip to elite 8

After the shot = no 3 free throws = Tennessee won by 1 point.

Next season we must factor in a minimum of an additional 6 points to mitigate the rogue ref factor.

That way if we win by 6 and the ref steals 5, then we still won by 1.
So what you are saying going down by 25 is probably not a good strategy if you want to win?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It literally gave them 3 free throws and they tied the game... ? That foul doesn’t get called it’s likely we don’t go to OT. Are you confused? But sure last minute is that better for you? .. either way the way he’s been acting is like he’s trying to put himself above the team
So you admit it was a foul, just mad it got called?

So you admit it was a foul, just mad it got called?
Not at all. You claimed Coach Barnes agreed with you so I pointed out how you contradicted yourself due to CRB
saying it was a foul after the shot, because after the shot means no 3 free throws. The first was missed so Tennessee won
even in that scenario. To argue against the plain truth makes you the guy who leaves the restroom then denies you used the urinal.
No matter how you hop or how you dance, there's still that drop on your pants.

Not at all. You claimed Coach Barnes agreed with you so I pointed out how you contradicted yourself due to CRB
saying it was a foul after the shot, because after the shot means no 3 free throws. The first was missed so Tennessee won
even in that scenario. To argue against the plain truth makes you the guy who leaves the restroom then denies you used the urinal.
No matter how you hop or how you dance, there's still that drop on your pants.
Ok
Vols' Barnes agrees with foul call that led to OT

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
So Coach Rick Barnes who is on the rules committee was wrong when he said the foul was "after the shot" according to you? Okay.
You need a little better understanding of what after the shot meant. Just because the ball left his hand doesn't mean after the shot. The contact was made after the release and prior to landing. That means a foul in the act of shooting and is a 3 shot foul. You need to stop that narrative. Its wrong.

Yeah, that one sums it up nicely.

Anyone with two eyes saw Turner turned mid air to make sure the shooter had plenty of extra room to land even after the shooter kicked his leg out at him. Nice hop.
Did he hit him before the shooter's feet were back on the floor? Your answer if honest is yes. Go read the rule.

Reactions: T-TownVol
So Coach Rick Barnes who is on the rules committee was wrong when he said the foul was "after the shot" according to you? Okay.
I think you are wrong assuming he meant after he landed. Feel free to continue the narrative though. Its amusing.

Reactions: T-TownVol
You need a little better understanding of what after the shot meant. Just because the ball left his hand doesn't mean after the shot. The contact was made after the release and prior to landing. That means a foul in the act of shooting and is a 3 shot foul. You need to stop that narrative. Its wrong.

The exact quoted words are "after the shot" and I'm not the one who said it or published it. No one said that just because the ball left his hand means after the shot so that's a straw man. He clearly knows the difference because he made reference to both saying, "after the shot" and "it was three feet out of his hand..." so he didn't use "after the shot" to simply imply after the ball was out of his hand or it would have been redundant to add "it was three feet out of his hand" right after he just said it was after the shot if they were being used to say the same thing. They clearly weren't. He knows the rules. You've got to allow the shooter space to land and Turner did that.

Barnes:
"It was a foul," Barnes said. "It was a foul. He missed the shot. Lamonte hit him after the shot. ... It was three feet out of his hand when he hit him. We know the rule. You've got to allow the shooter to come back down."

"It's a tough one, because in that situation, we know we can't foul there and they've got to make that shot," Barnes said. "But we wouldn't have been in that situation to come back in that game if it wasn't for Lamonte."

Doesn't that put it to rest?

And now Admiral with the criticism on Barnes

No, he isn't:

Schofield was actually defending his coach and says he believes SEC officials this season weren't as lenient against Barnes as they were others. Looking back, Barnes' technical foul for arguing a call against Kentucky in January actually sparked Tennessee's victory in Knoxville.

“Oh, it matters,” Schofield said at the time. “It shows the guys that he really cares about us. Who wouldn’t want to fight for a coach that cares about you like that? I mean, it motivated me. I was very motivated.”

Schofield's comments after that win over the Wildcats revealed how much the team respects Barnes for putting his neck on the line in the face of officials.

“It’s just ‘cause he’s so competitive, and he wants to win,” he said. “Sometimes we want to give him our jersey and be like, ‘You go do it, Coach.’ He’s just one of those guys. He’s very competitive. He wants to win. And, honestly, you know what, that’s just a coach looking out for his player. Grant (Williams) got hit very hard twice, elbowed very hard, and the ref didn’t see it. Sometimes there’s missed calls.

“Coach Barnes wants to win so bad that he wanted them to see that call. But that’s part of basketball. That’s just how it goes.”
Admiral Schofield clears up perceived shot at Rick Barnes

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back