Turner not happy/Talk about the foul

Why do people insist on creating controversy? Barnes had to keep his teams head in the game, not stewing about the refs screwing them.
Kids have reactions. Turner is a smart kid, and know how well he has developed under Barnes.

Creating?? This is 100% self inflicted. Sorry if the truth is just passed along...

Creating?? This is 100% self inflicted. Sorry if the truth is just passed along...
Meaning the article.....a young kid in an emotional moment says something.......wow, shocking....must mean he isnt happy with the tremendous success he has had at UT.

Another example of social media revealing stupidity.

The denial in here is comical and shows how SO many sports fans go in straight up denial mode when it comes to their teams/colleges . What Barnes did was not smart and neither was Turner's tweet. I think the tweet was today, by the way. That means it was plenty of time to cool down.

Will anything come of it? Who knows? But to say there's nothing is really nieve. If that was the case it wouldn't have been deleted and then picked up by websites.

Reactions: Frozevol
The denial in here is comical and shows how SO many sports fans go in straight up denial mode when it comes to their teams/colleges . What Barnes did was not smart and neither was Turner's tweet. I think the tweet was today, by the way. That means it was plenty of time to cool down.

Will anything come of it? Who knows? But to say there's nothing is really nieve. If that was the case it wouldn't have been deleted and then picked up by websites.
So you are saying adults should over reaction to an emotional tweet from a college kid? Lol, social media strikes again

Spur-of-the-moment tweet in a heartbreaking and vulnerable moment by a kid who probably felt responsible for the loss. It really is nothing.

Barnes has cultivated a reputation as not being a whiny ass b**** over questionable calls by officials. It makes no sense to abandon that philosophy after the season has ended... what good comes of complaining at this point? When Barnes did have a problem with the ref in the LSU game his complaint was heard loud and clear and that ref was removed. Constant complaining isn't necessarily any more effective than picking your moments to get on an official. Whining about something that can't be changed does nothing. Barnes picks his spots. He was in the ref's face after the bogus double foul involving Fulkerson in the Iowa game.

That said, I hope that Turner deleted his tweet after rethinking it or after pressure from teammates. I hope that it wasn't the UT administration or coaching staff censoring his opinions.

He deleted it. So it was obviously well thought out.

Like him or not Chris Carter has solid advice on Athletes and Social Media:

Don’t Press Send.

A local coach here has a rule for every guy on his team - cellphones go in a locked box 30 minutes before a game, they come back out 30 minutes after a win and 4 hours after a loss.
Not sure if it works or not but it seems to curb the knee-jerking from having a bad game or loss in general.

This incident will pass.

But coach should have his player's back on something like this. It's not hard to say "I believe my guy."

It was a foul. What would denying that fact gain anyone. You make contact with someone while in the act of shooting, guess what. It does not matter if the shooter went full spread eagle with his legs. Turner made contact. Coach Barnes is not going to lie for anyone.

So every time a player say he didnt foul, their coach should agree.
Hows the weather on your planet?
Yeah a foul that ends our season is just like every other foul. Silly. ANd there are tons of national media saying it wasn't a foul. I mean that has basically been the narraitve. Not like it's an uncontroversial call.

Much ado about nothing. LT is frustrated because he doesn't think he fouled Edwards, and who could blame him? He doesn't want to feel like he owns the blame for the loss. He's likely upset that Barnes wasn't entirely in his corner, even though Barnes also stated that Tennessee doesn't make that comeback without LT. Simply a tweet made in a moment of frustration. Look at some of the stupid stuff our fans have posted in the past 18 hours.

Yeah a foul that ends our season is just like every other foul. Silly. ANd there are tons of national media saying it wasn't a foul. I mean that has basically been the narraitve. Not like it's an uncontroversial call.
It didnt end our season. We played for 5 minutes and a few seconds after that call.
There are also lots of media folks saying it was.

VN Store

Back