Saw Wanya Morris on campus today

The day @Gibbs that my friend living there introduced me to Reggie White...he was coming down the steps and I was going up...I will NEVER forget. THAT was a HUGE man!

*got to know him a little better after meeting...he had an even BIGGER heart!

post of the year; imhoiyam. Probably. Maybe.

fyi, woke up this morning and shook thw cobwebs off. it was weird. i recalled this weird dream.

Tennessee was good at basketball.

Then i realized, we're a football school.

I met Doug Atkins in 1986. I was s senior at UTK. He was a mountain of a man. He shook hands with me and his hand swallowed my hand. IMO, he and Reggie White are the two most dominate defensive line to ever play for the Vols. Both Hall of Famers

I remember my freshman year and got in the humanities elevator and there stood Antone Davis! That was a BIG dude!
Had an anthropology class with him and Andy Kelly in 88 or 89....never seen a human being that big/wide in my life. Seemed other worldly how big that dude was.

Last edited:
I've only encountered 1 famous athlete while on a campus, but it was at UNC. Walked past Tyler Hansbrough. Thought to myself, "that is one tall dude." Then about 20 seconds later, I realized, "wait ... that was Tyler Hansbrough!"

The weird thing about basketball is that you never mentally think of the players as being nearly as tall as they are, because they are always compared to other very tall people. But even a lot of the "shorter" basketball players are very tall compared to "normal people."

I saw JRM at a Waffle House with a girl the next day after a Florida loss. I was too hungover/shy to say hey and plus he's with a chick. I didn't want to cramp any style he had goin...

Reactions: Ace
I used to go to all the alumni barbecues with the team when I was young from about 1988 to 1993. Those were some big dudes...especially me being small.

Turned down an isle at Home Depot in Northern Virginia and wound up behind Washington Redskins OL Joe Jacoby, in the 90s. I left it, there was no room in it. Never seen anything like it before or since. Dude was ..... well it didn't seem humanly possible to be that big.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
CJ Black is currently working at a local freight terminal. He's a big'n. 6'8" I believe

I saw JRM at a Waffle House with a girl the next day after a Florida loss. I was too hungover/shy to say hey and plus he's with a chick. I didn't want to cramp any style he had goin...
Waffle House style

VN Store

Back