This team doesn't come out ready to play in 2nd half

We got lucky
I agree with you man. Lack of in game adjustments and no TOs during big runs makes me scratch my head. I think Barnes lacks the ability to motivate his team during the tournament. History shows it. I'm guessing a 15pt+ beat down from Purdue. I hope I'm wrong and will eat some crow, but we looked awful the past 2 2nd halves.

Did anybody else say this at halftime.
This is what I said: “I don’t think we can play any better than that half and I don’t think Iowa can play any worse than they did. And that scares me about the second half”.

I hate it when I’m right.
Thank goodness for Overtime.
Now, we discuss what it will take to beat another Big10 Team. Go Vols!

I thought that too although I never thought we would give up the lead entirely. With the 3 point shot and the shot clock, I never think its a good idea to slow thing down outside of 2 minutes to play.

Obviously, Edwards is the key for Purdue. All their offense runs through him. No shot is out of his range but sometimes he forces things too much.

Reactions: vol1950
The foul on Lamonte's block of the Iowa player's 3 was just plain awful and it would have been a layup for the Vols on the other end. Fortunately, we played a very good OT and got the W anyway!

Reactions: ttocswob and Stoked
Playing not to lose in the second half nearly cost us the game. Silly decision by barnes to let us take the foot off the pedal.

I seriously doubt Barnes "let" them do any such thing. Kids got comfortable and thought the game was over at halftime. I'm sure Barnes and this staff tried to tell them that there was still a lot of basketball to be played. Everyone knew Iowa would be pissed coming out after halftime. They were embarrassed and have pride. UT just didn't respond. That's on the players.

Reactions: Volchatt

VN Store

Back