This team doesn't come out ready to play in 2nd half

This is why Barnes was fired at Texas.
This is a collapse of epic proportions. Embarrassing.
24 point lead gone. Has it ever even happened?
Wasn't it 25 at one point? We got so sloppy with the ball.... even Bone was turning it over - and Grant had 5. BUT WE WON. Period.

Reactions: Stoked
Tennessee has the lowest floor and highest ceiling of most teams in the tournament. Embarrassing performance the second half. Just embarrassing.

We overpass on the perimeter drive and dish or make a play off the dribble. Some horrible turnovers looked like the Lady Vols in that second half.

We overpass on the perimeter drive and dish or make a play off the dribble. Some horrible turnovers looked like the Lady Vols in that second half.
Yes to this... Grant passed up an open look to take a shot clock violation.... and we made jump passes to guys who were setting screens and not looking for the ball. I can handle losing and even blowing a lead but that 2nd half was just sloppy. That would have been hard to live with (even worse than Ohio State in 2007)... I'm glad we don't have to.

Reactions: JCP201
Think people would be use to us giving up big leads by now. But at the same time expect them to regroup and recover. Pretty much our MO for the season.
Any win in the Tourney is a great win. enjoy it nut cases.

Reactions: Chris4Vols22
Did anybody else say this at halftime.
This is what I said: “I don’t think we can play any better than that half and I don’t think Iowa can play any worse than they did. And that scares me about the second half”.

I hate it when I’m right.
Thank goodness for Overtime.
Now, we discuss what it will take to beat another Big10 Team. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back