The embarrassment of Warlick has no bottom...

What!!!! All she said is that she is proud of the UT administration for treating women's sports equal to men's. And then she went on to say that if the administration decides it is time for a coaching change, it is not up to her.

It was a perfectly fine response. Holly's situation is bad enough; there is no reason to intentionally try to make her look worse by misrepresenting her words.

That is just low.

Last edited:
What!!!! All she said is that she is proud of the UT administration for treating women's sports equal to men's. And then she went on to say that if the administration decides it is time for a coaching change, it is not up to her.

It was a perfectly fine response. Holly situation is bad enough; there is no reason to intentionally try to make her look worse by misrepresenting her words.

That is just low.

You know what she did. It did not even have to be brought up. There are many women coaching basketball at universities around the country. She is an embarrassment. She has put AD Fulmer's decision in the crosshairs of women equality because she is a fool.

You know what she did. It did not even have to be brought up. There are many women coaching basketball at universities around the country. She is an embarrassment. She has put AD Fulmer's decision in the crosshairs of women equality because she is a fool.

No, firing Holly is not a title Title IX issue and she has not put the decision in the "crosshair's of women's equality." But, you may believe want you want.

ESPN is certainly not seeing your way:

what is next for the lady vols

If she wants to keep her job, she needs to make some major coaching changes on her staff. Get rid of the dead weight and bring in coaches that know how to coach today's game. Coaches that can actually teach offense and defense. Holly is so stuck on "hustling and rebounding and playing hard" that she ignores the fact that schematically we are horrible on both ends of the court. I don't think she is going to survive but if she wants to make a push for being back next year, she needs to clean house and bring in some young bright minds to teach the game to the talented players we have.

Reactions: sport3500
All Holly is saying the expectations for women's basketball at Tennessee are comparable to the expectations and standards as the Duke, UNC, and Kentucky men's teams (the best programs in men's basketball). And that while those expectations may mean she's in danger of being bought out by the school, she's glad the program has that sort of scrutiny. That attention shows that women's basketball at Tennessee has value and is valued. I think Holly's trying to be positive about the unrelenting media and fan pressure -- she's saying that she's proud that women's basketball in Knoxville means more. Does she believe that? No way to know, but I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

I think people are letting their frustration with her performance color their opinion of her in other areas. And the more they lose, the more vicious it's getting. Which, they are free to do, but c'mon. She bleeds orange as much as anyone can, even if she's not capable of being a good head coach. She played for Pat, she won championships with Pat, she took over in a really tough spot for Pat. She's a part of the program's history and I would hope we keep the situation classy when a change is made. I'm not saying to tolerate the losing or the lack of leadership; those are different conversations. But at the end of the day, she's a significant name in the program's history. Remember her in the HBO video, on the bus after the title game, talking about how proud she was of the team? There's a lot of good moments like that from the past 40 years. And I hope we can keep that in mind during this transition, however long it runs.

(And I get the whole "she should step down" stuff, too. I'm on board for making changes. I agree that there needs to be accountability. I'm just thinking that how we treat her during this very messy phase will reflect quite a bit on us as a fanbase.)

Last edited:
I think she knows her time is up and she’s putting positive spin on it faced with the inevitable. I just hope she doesn’t start playing the violin as a victim of circumstances, instead of shouldering the blame. Sure she loves UT, cares about the program and her legacy as a coach, but she is not good at what she does because she’s not cut out for it. Let her move on to an admin role or move on out.

If she wants to keep her job, she needs to make some major coaching changes on her staff. Get rid of the dead weight and bring in coaches that know how to coach today's game. Coaches that can actually teach offense and defense. Holly is so stuck on "hustling and rebounding and playing hard" that she ignores the fact that schematically we are horrible on both ends of the court. I don't think she is going to survive but if she wants to make a push for being back next year, she needs to clean house and bring in some young bright minds to teach the game to the talented players we have.

The truth is that this team/ program is bigger than holly. She is not a division 1 coach caliber..She sounds stupid, coach stupid & looks stupid.

HAHAHA:p:D:eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: JVol76 and kayman1
OP is actually being PC plus conspiratorial to see the PC card lurking behind every comment. Next you blame Title IX while putting on your QAnon hat.

Its bad enough, we don't need the crosshairs of stupid.

The dead weight is HER! Duh!

No, firing Holly is not a title Title IX issue and she has not put the decision in the "crosshair's of women's equality." But, you may believe want you want.

ESPN is certainly not seeing your way:

what is next for the lady vols
Don't think espn is worth a crap, DA talking heads, liberal spewing sports talk, not facts, opinions

The erosion began after Candace graduated. The downward trajectory accelerated with Holly's ineptitude and the case can be made that she should have been turned out two years ago - but definitely last year. Hopefully taking action now is not a case of 'too little, too late.'

All I can say is getting rid of Holly Warlick is a tremendous challenge coaches doing similar coaching with All Americans would've been gone years ago would never have even been considered for another contract and would be out the door by now. Even after yesterday and the terrible season Tennessee is silent. They could say she is coming back or not coming back but the silence is deafening.

Some comments from ESPN Roundtable yesterday:

What was the best moment from Saturday?
Voepel: Going with some nostalgia here: Seeing Missouri State coach Kellie Harper and assistant Jackie Stiles looking so intense on the Lady Bears' bench as they upset No. 6 seed DePaul and remembering how important both were to their teams as players, with Harper winning three NCAA titles with Tennessee (1996-98) and Stiles getting to the Final Four with mid-major Missouri State in 2001. Today, they helped the Lady Bears to their first NCAA tournament victory since Stiles & Co. won their Elite Eight game against Washington in 2001.

What team do you feel differently about now than you did coming into the day?

Creme: Beating DePaul was always in the cards for Missouri State. Thoroughly controlling the game against the Blue Demons from the middle of the second quarter was something else entirely. The Lady Bears have been good all season -- as two wins over Drake and close losses to Gonzaga and Missouri indicated -- but this kind of performance exceeded expectations.
Missouri State has averaged just more than 4.5 3-pointers per game this season. In its past two games -- the Missouri Valley championship game against Drake and Saturday's first-round win over DePaul -- the Lady Bears have made a combined 20. That kind of shooting gives them a chance against another really good shooting team in Iowa State in the second round.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The video is like a court of inquiry....Holly tries to explain why they failed again, with some of her shell shocked players sitting beside her, with blank stares on their faces......She still wants to coach, but she acknowledges the administration may go another way...It does not sound like she is going to step down on her own, which is too bad.

Holly is not a bad person, just a lousy head coach...

I think she knows her time is up and she’s putting positive spin on it faced with the inevitable. I just hope she doesn’t start playing the violin as a victim of circumstances, instead of shouldering the blame. Sure she loves UT, cares about the program and her legacy as a coach, but she is not good at what she does because she’s not cut out for it. Let her move on to an admin role or move on out.

When has Holly ever shouldered the blame? The answer is never.

Don't expect her to do it now.

She will blame anything she can.

VN Store

Back