The embarrassment of Warlick has no bottom...

The video is like a court of inquiry....Holly tries to explain why they failed again, with some of her shell shocked players sitting beside her, with blank stares on their faces......She still wants to coach, but she acknowledges the administration may go another way...It does not sound like she is going to step down on her own, which is too bad.

Holly is not a bad person, just a lousy head coach...
Stepford Mimi was especially frightening. Especially the way Holly was nodding along to Mimi blaming herself and her teammates. Talk about indoctrination!

Reactions: montbb47 and lvocd
If she wants to keep her job, she needs to make some major coaching changes on her staff. Get rid of the dead weight and bring in coaches that know how to coach today's game. Coaches that can actually teach offense and defense. Holly is so stuck on "hustling and rebounding and playing hard" that she ignores the fact that schematically we are horrible on both ends of the court. I don't think she is going to survive but if she wants to make a push for being back next year, she needs to clean house and bring in some young bright minds to teach the game to the talented players we have.

Let me start and end with this: "If she wants to keep her job" change to "Had she wanted to keep her job". The time has come, she needs to leave the program by her own hand or the Athletic Department's.

All Holly is saying the expectations for women's basketball at Tennessee are comparable to the expectations and standards as the Duke, UNC, and Kentucky men's teams (the best programs in men's basketball). And that while those expectations may mean she's in danger of being bought out by the school, she's glad the program has that sort of scrutiny. That attention shows that women's basketball at Tennessee has value and is valued. I think Holly's trying to be positive about the unrelenting media and fan pressure -- she's saying that she's proud that women's basketball in Knoxville means more. Does she believe that? No way to know, but I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

I think people are letting their frustration with her performance color their opinion of her in other areas. And the more they lose, the more vicious it's getting. Which, they are free to do, but c'mon. She bleeds orange as much as anyone can, even if she's not capable of being a good head coach. She played for Pat, she won championships with Pat, she took over in a really tough spot for Pat. She's a part of the program's history and I would hope we keep the situation classy when a change is made. I'm not saying to tolerate the losing or the lack of leadership; those are different conversations. But at the end of the day, she's a significant name in the program's history. Remember her in the HBO video, on the bus after the title game, talking about how proud she was of the team? There's a lot of good moments like that from the past 40 years. And I hope we can keep that in mind during this transition, however long it runs.

(And I get the whole "she should step down" stuff, too. I'm on board for making changes. I agree that there needs to be accountability. I'm just thinking that how we treat her during this very messy phase will reflect quite a bit on us as a fanbase.)
Look what she has done to the University of Tennessee and the Lady Vols Program, that is about as low as you can go

When I watch pretty much all great basketball coaches, they are in the players face and getting on them. Remember the veins in Pat's neck? I never see any emotion from Holly except a disgusted look. Look at the passion of Vince Shaffer or Dawn Staley, and look at where those programs are.

I know Holly has to go, but I sure would not want to be PF in making this decision. He CANNOT get it wrong.

If she wants to keep her job, she needs to make some major coaching changes on her staff. Get rid of the dead weight and bring in coaches that know how to coach today's game. Coaches that can actually teach offense and defense. Holly is so stuck on "hustling and rebounding and playing hard" that she ignores the fact that schematically we are horrible on both ends of the court. I don't think she is going to survive but if she wants to make a push for being back next year, she needs to clean house and bring in some young bright minds to teach the game to the talented players we have.
She is the deadweight

I can be there tomorrow

Reactions: BUBear
Is the dismissal of Kellie Harper because people don't want her or seriously don't know who she is 🤔?

Reactions: glv98
All I can say is getting rid of Holly Warlick is a tremendous challenge coaches doing similar coaching with All Americans would've been gone years ago would never have even been considered for another contract and would be out the door by now. Even after yesterday and the terrible season Tennessee is silent. They could say she is coming back or not coming back but the silence is deafening.

I think the silence will only be deafening if there is no announcement Monday. Monday is when I expect an announcement; its the next business day. Holly's resignation - as part of a Warlick/Fulmer joint press conference - is what I expect. Fulmer announcing she's fired or that he's sticking with her are also possibilities. Anything else or nothing at all on Monday is poor leadership. And personally I think sticking with her is poor leadership. I think we've seen what we needed to see from her.

Stepford Mimi was especially frightening. Especially the way Holly was nodding along to Mimi blaming herself and her teammates. Talk about indoctrination!

Naming her “Stepford Mimi” was funny, but painfully accurate. The self-hating player post-loss interviews have gotten to the point that I am actually concerned for the well-being of the players because, yes, they DO sound indoctrinated.

Holly ridiculously nodding in agreement while Mimi towed the line was sickening.

Warlick has destroyed any good will I had left for her. She can go jump in the Tennessee River. FH!

Don't think espn is worth a crap, DA talking heads, liberal spewing sports talk, not facts, opinions

Interesting observation given that this liberal spewing ESPN commentary is suggesting that a culture change is needed and that Holly is likely done. So you consider that Liberal spewing talk?

Looks like the vast majority of this board are then totally "liberal spewers". George Soros must own this board!

The erosion began after Candace graduated. The downward trajectory accelerated with Holly's ineptitude and the case can be made that she should have been turned out two years ago - but definitely last year. Hopefully taking action now is not a case of 'too little, too late.'
Truth, exactly after that season. Incrementally the first 5 or 6 years and then off the cliff.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
She is the deadweight

I know she's the dead weight. They are all dead weight she's just the biggest piece. Again, I don't think she's survives and I don't want her to, I was just suggesting what her pitch should be if she wants any chance at all. For the programs sake I hope she doesn't try at all and gets shown the door.

Reactions: vettefool
The video is like a court of inquiry....Holly tries to explain why they failed again, with some of her shell shocked players sitting beside her, with blank stares on their faces......She still wants to coach, but she acknowledges the administration may go another way...It does not sound like she is going to step down on her own, which is too bad.

Holly is not a bad person, just a lousy head coach...
If Holly is not fired. You will probaly see players transfering.

Jeff Walz would be my pick. No former player should ever want to coach here. It would be terrible if they didn’t do well

Last edited:
Reactions: casetopia

VN Store

Back