This team doesn't come out ready to play in 2nd half

It was a hypothetical to describe the way we are playing. We have a long way to go and the games dont get easier..

But don't worry, im sure someone is already calculating seconds between games to show that we got cheated..
I don’t worry about what other people worry about. We won and play another game. Year two of being in the Dance and we have a winning coach who’s beginning to land more elite level players. Do a flashback to the end of Tyndall’s lone season and try to compare the disappointment.

Reactions: amorange and Stoked
I don’t worry about what other people worry about. We won and play another game. Year two of being in the Dance and we have a winning coach who’s beginning to land more elite level players. Do a flashback to the end of Tyndall’s lone season and try to compare the disappointment.
It was a joke about our poor play. If you take everything on here literal were you have to correct everything, you may just want to skip over all my post.

It was a joke about our poor play. If you take everything on here literal were you have to correct everything, you may just want to skip over all my post.
I remember when jokes were funny. Thanks for the sage advice.

This team sometimes just lacks the stomp the crap out an inferior team and dominate like they should. Its going to bite them in the butt if they don't quit sleep walking once they get a lead.

Reactions: amorange
m/\m

Why don't you you go troll somewhere else.....

Holly has got a lot of records here problem is they are the wrong records. Holly should have been gone before the season.....or last season. Great recruiting job but if you cannot Coach you just cannot Coach.
Her recruting is overrated. Anybody with a pulse could have took over that program and stuffed the roster with 5 stars.

We faced a slumping defense which collapses on the paint, inviting 3’s. Haven’t faced it this year. Although our 3 pct was low, I thought we fought it well

Don't agree. We played really well both Mississippi State games and also the LSU game. Just some cockeyed stuff kept us from an actual win. And the ole Miss road win was a real gutty performance. It appears many of you have no idea how to enjoy victory. When you are old like me you'll figure out that positive thinking and cherishing the good is a lot more relaxing than focusing on the negative.
Yeah great 2 pt win over ole miss who just got destroyed by a mediocre Oklahoma team and great 7 point win against a miss state team who is currently struggling mightily with liberty... look I didn’t say they have been horrible, but nothing has been impressive outside the Kentucky wins over the last two months. You say some of us can’t enjoy a win? I’m glad they won today but just like a lot of their games recently there are warning signs to be had that we aren’t playing great. If you want to ignore it than good for you, I wish I could. Hope they prove me wrong ( as I say for like the thousandth time hoping they eventually do.) believe me I want them to win as much as you do.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Barnes loves playing thru bad times but every team left will beat them if another opponent goes on a 22-6 run.

How many timeouts did Barnes take back to the hotel today?
I think when we needed to take one the TV timeouts were coming up. No use wasting one.

Not sure which is more impressive, that they hit 15 3s at better than 50%, or that we still managed to win by 7 points despite that fact coupled with bringing our C game to the court, today.

The fact they made 51% is impressive. Whats outrageous is how many were against excellent defense. The number of crazy 3s was off the chart. Give those boys credit. They left it all out there.

Our team seemed too wedded to a game plan to pound the paint. Guys were thinking instead of playing. They were reluctant to take the shots that Colgate was giving them. We were too uptight and not loose taking what the D gave us.

The little guys are always going to bomb threes all day as it's their only chance for an upset. Sometimes they make a bunch and pull off the upset. Other times they miss them all and lose by 30. I am encouraged we finally beat a team that made a ton of 3s. Our 3 percentage was fine. 33.3% is same as 50% from 2 point. Anything over that is a good 3 shooting night.
Yeah, and the NCAA committee probably evaluated all the 15 seeds and decided we didn't match up well against Colgate, so they were hoping to make them a Cinderella. I don't know what we did to make them mad, but I it seems like they hate us. Remember that we are a team of good players that have been together for a long time. The power programs don't have that, but they get the most talented players for a year or 2. The little schools are all veteran "teams" and they can beat anybody just like we can. Unfortunately since we are not loaded with blue chips, anybody can beat us on any given day as well.

Yeah great 2 pt win over ole miss who just got destroyed by a mediocre Oklahoma team and great 7 point win against a miss state team who is currently struggling mightily with liberty... look I didn’t say they have been horrible, but nothing has been impressive outside the Kentucky wins over the last two months. You say some of us can’t enjoy a win? I’m glad they won today but just like a lot of their games recently there are warning signs to be had that we aren’t playing great. If you want to ignore it than good for you, I wish I could. Hope they prove me wrong ( as I say for like the thousandth time hoping they eventually do.) believe me I want them to win as much as you do.
Waaaaaaah. Waaaaaaah. They deserve to win. Many of our fans don't.

Reactions: butchna
One could argue we lose that game with their big guy.
The guy who was 0-4 with 2 TOs in the first half? I see your point, but I guess an equally compelling argument could be made that we win handily if he plays since we took a 12-pt lead into halftime with him on the court and he was clearly struggling before the contact issue. It was with him out that Colgate made a game out of it.

UNC down 5 with Iona raining 3’s. Wonder if Roy Williams comes back next season. 😏

Reactions: ohhbother
Yeah I’m a bad fan, you got me. Some of you are so freaking unbearable, I’m glad I don’t know many like you in real life.
You’re pleasant enough to be your own best friend.

The guy who was 0-4 with 2 TOs in the first half? I see your point, but I guess an equally compelling argument could be made that we win handily if he plays since we took a 12-pt lead into halftime with him on the court and he was clearly struggling before the contact issue. It was with him out that Colgate made a game out of it.
Yeah I pointed that out somewhere in this thread. It’s all hypothetical. He could’ve been hot in the second half. Never know. We won. Whatever

It really just feels like you're waiting for the next loss to end the season so as to validate your opinion that we have underachieved in some way.

Reactions: butchna
Not true. Given that we might not win another game in this tournament, I decided to celebrate. I cracked open a bottle of:

Elijah_Craig_Barrel_Proof_131.4_700x.jpg
Me too

A9FEA98B-D173-4402-868E-5A10C828CC8A.png

VN Store

Back