Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survive and advance. If we don't defend the 3 ball better, we are not going to do either much longer. It is a win and that is mountains better than the alternative, but we still do not look like ourselves. I do think we play better on Sunday. We got a break with Iowa beating Cincinnati. We have to take advantage of it.

Can't understand how this team has done as well as it has and still can't penetrate to the rim... Bone is the only one... Good win, you have to expect a bit of crazy in the first round, but we cannot play like this against Iowa or anyone else or we won't make it to the next round. Time for Barnes to coach and make adjustments and we need multiple players going to the rim if we want to make a serious run here... Admiral can't keep bailing us out.

Two things I want do see on Sunday.
1) our guys fight over screens and not having someone close from a mile away
2) when we go cold shooting jumpers dont keep shooting them. Put Grant at the elbow and let him work quit posting him up on the block

They were 52% from three. And not all of them were wide open.

That one dude hit at least 3 3’s that were very low % shots. His misses those and we win by 16

Is what it is
Right. Outside of switching and ball screens, I thought we played decent on D. 7 steals & 5 blocks.

Need to penetrate better.

If we don't continue to get everyone's season-high 3pt %, we may be okay. But just have to contest more shots.

We did a few today, but need to do better.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Wow Iowa is really streaky at 3s. Their last 2 wins they shot 50+% at 3. Their last loss they shot 1 for 16.

Basically don't let them shoot 50% from deep and we have a good chance. That is our challenge.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Time for CRB to coach a little. He's been a non-factor to this point. They haven't run their motion offense since the first 10 minutes of the game. Might be a good idea to get Grant into the game with Bowden some open looks.

He was a factor when Bone took that NBA 3 shot. LOL

That one dude hit at least 3 3’s that were very low % shots. His misses those and we win by 16

Is what it is
You are correct. Colgate hit several threes that were defended well. I don't know what some are complaining about. Any team in the field can lose when the other team is hitting three point shots. We did give up some that were uncontested but at the end we were in their pockets most possessions. Plus we won the game.

Is what it is

I agree. In spite of the complaining, most of his shots were well defended. He hit shots he had no business hitting and couldn't hit again.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcantrell2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back