Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay Travis thinks we got screwed by having to play Cincinnati in Columbus (if we both win, of course). I do think we landed where we should have as a 2 seed.

Ok, how would I go about getting tix in Cbus? Never been to a march madness game.
They are a ton of fun. Try to go at least once and watch as many games there as you can. Might see something special. Got to see a buzzer beater in 2003 (Butler vs Miss St)

As you have learned, David Robinson played there. And has not been mentioned, ex Vol head coach Don Devoe coached there after his UT stint I believe. Devoe still has more sec tourney wins than any other UT men's coach.

I didn't mean to cause the minor freak-out over the Admiral. Yes, I do remember David Robinson. But Navy has not been mentioned in a basketball context in the last 20 years. They're a split-sport program in the AAC, I've thought of them more in the context of football than anything in "recent" years. The fossil joke was just that, a joke.

Thanks for the additional info, though

”We suck and this season wasn’t good” “we had the best season in school history, was 2-1 vs UK and made it to the title game” “that’s irrelevant, we didn’t hang a banner so we sucked” 🙄🤦‍♂️
Would Tennessee not hang a Final Four banner? I would think so.

That was part of the 6 minute drought.

I did think Auburn got away with a lot of contact and “hands.” But you can’t go that long without scoring when they can get hot.
Coach Cal was throwing shade at Auburn getting the Florida game handed to them. Florida had three free throws that the refs didn't call. This has been the way it's been all season. Not blaming the refs for THIS game, we lost it --but so many games that they have called wrong and changed the outcome.

Coach Cal was throwing shade at Auburn getting the Florida game handed to them. Florida had three free throws that the refs didn't call. This has been the way it's been all season. Not blaming the refs for THIS game, we lost it --but so many games that they have called wrong and changed the outcome.
He also said grant flopped on the charge call when we were down 67-60

Well...wasn't what I hoped but I still love this team!

I misjudged the market for tickets. They ranged from $200-$500 a piece. I wasn’t interested spending that amount of coin, and thank goodness I didn’t.

It’s still been fun to watch this year. My son and I did watch them beat Memphis.

Well...wasn't what I hoped but I still love this team!
My brother who lives in Murfreesboro went yesterday. Bought tickets, paid $400 for three I think. Went to go in and they turned out to be counterfeit. They went on back home. Two if his son's went back today to try again. They were too high but they happened to see the guy that ripped them off. They went and alerted a cop and the guy was arrested. While searching him they found some legitimate tickets in his pocket. The cops gave them to my nephews.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back