The most disappointing game that I can remember.

These guys could be a Final Four team or lose the opening weekend. Its ridiculous how they can disappear during games.
I definitely do not see a final four team here. These guys can get up for like 1 game and then look tired for a game or two. All year tired has been the excuse for these guys, I mean why don’t other teams get tired? Are our guys 60 years old or something?

At this point it's going to take an Elite 8 appearance at the minimum to make this "ok".

I would disagree. Tennessee has been to the Elite Eight once in the last 20 years. So it's been done before. To change the narrative they'd need to reach the Final Four. Once you get there, anything can happen.

Last edited:
It would be one thing if Auburn was just red hot all game.

They were not. They were pretty bad in the first half; the problem is we were dog crap terrible. We didn't take advantage when they weren't hitting 3s, and they still built a lead. And then they started hitting them and it was too late to do anything.

Worst performance I've seen in a long, long time by a UT team.

I would disagree. Tennessee has been to the Elite Eight twice in the last 20 years. So it's been done before. To change the narrative they'd need to reach the Final Four. Once you get there, anything can happen.

Better check your stats.

Disagree. Pearl had his guys ready. Barnes didn’t. No adjustments. We should have gone zone 5 mins into the first half and we should’ve gone with a lineup to jack 3’s the entire 2nd half. Why is Alexander on the floor? I’m pissed.

Get a grip. Team was physically and emotionally spent, which led to poor effort and execution (turnovers). We can argue about whether Barnes can control that, but we played later yesterday and won a physical and emotional game against our biggest rival. Not really surprising to see us struggle physically and mentally for an early, noon tip-off today.

No adjustments are going to fix players looking like they are playing in cement shoes.

It's definitely warranted, prove it wrong. Obviously we still have the tourney to go, but speaking in terms of the sec, this is talked about as the best Tennessee team of all time and what will they have to show for it? An enjoyable season? That's about it.
I said they were in danger of this weeks ago and was labeled a negavol.. I mean it’s not like I wanted this to happen it’s just I’ve seen it play out to many times with UT teams. I’d love to be wrong about it once in a while, unfortunately never am.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Get a grip. Team was physically and emotionally spent, which led to poor effort and execution (turnovers). We can argue about whether Barnes can control that, but we played later yesterday and won a physical and emotional game against our biggest rival. Not really surprising to see us struggle physically and mentally for an early, noon tip-off today.

No adjustments are going to fix players looking like they are playing in cement shoes.
No excuse. It’s tournament time!

No. You should only get a banner for a title.

tennessee-banner.jpg

That's not a banner hanging in our rafters?

Did anyone watch that game yesterday? They gave everything they had, IMO. Just needed more than one day to regroup (You can tell by Grant and Admiral performance) Our fans piss me off far more than this team does.

Auburn just played 4 games in 4 days, including a very close one yesterday also. They have more excuse than we do.

For me when Tennessee lost to Ohio ST when Tennessee was up by double digits, and when Tennessee lost to Mich ST in the elite 8....... the last bit of that game was horrible..... I thought it was a done deal then bam heart break.

This one sucks, mainly because of what they could have won.... the championship and a one seed.

I'm afraid they peaked too soon. I remember this being a problem for Barnes at the other UT.

VN Store

Back