Omaha bound

You must not know about using Boyds World predictions before SEC play starts. Last year they had teams predicted at 30-0 and 0-30.

It’s ok to get excited as optimism reigns supreme around the league until conference play begins.

We may not be the best but we will do better than last year (29-27 overall 12-18 sec). I see 15-15 or 16-14 sec and 35-22 ish overall which will get us to Hoover and an ncaa regional somewhere. I think we finally have the right coach.

This is what worries me..literally the worst record in the SEC is 11-5 right now

Attachments

• 20190314_212419.jpg
    20190314_212419.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190314_212448.jpg
    20190314_212448.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Titan05
We may not be the best but we will do better than last year (29-27 overall 12-18 sec). I see 15-15 or 16-14 sec and 35-22 ish overall which will get us to Hoover and an ncaa regional somewhere. I think we finally have the right coach.
I think Tennessee will surprise people and be 18-12 or 19-11 in the SEC this season.

As feared, a really tough start to SEC play. And there’s no let up as it doesn’t get any easier from here.

Tough weekend for the Vol baseball team. They will recover I believe.
One thing that I’ve seen poster write is that we are a young team. I disagree with those comments. Look around the diamond and who is playing. Only when Pavoloni is catching do we have two freshman on the field at one time with Rucker. Otherwise every position is a junior. The pitching staff for the most part, at least guys pitching the most have been here 3 years, excluding Neely(4) and Crochet(2). So we can’t use the young team card. These guys may not have a ton of winning experience but they have experience in SEC.

Reactions: Warriors14
Come back to us after the 3 game series with Auburn starting on March 15, then we will see how good we are. Auburn is as of right now ranked 18th..

After losing 3 games to Auburn do we still feel their Omaha bound?

Last edited:
I personally never thought that. However, I will stick to my 15-15 conf record and a regional. But no super regional.

I may be looking at it with orange colored glasses but I am still buying this team. Get Luc healthy, clean up the defense and with a little luck, anything is possible.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
This weekend is crucial in trying to reach 15 wins. Have to get two. SC, being swept last weekend as well, will come in hungry.

Reactions: Titan05
2 of 3 from USC. And now we get to go to Nashville and make a statement next weekend. I see at least 2 of 3 and probably a sweep. Candy is so over rated. Our pitching will shut down their bats. And their pitching is a mess. Ok I talked myself into it, a sweep next weekend. VANDY SUCKS!!! THEY ARE OVER RATED!!!!.

this team is better than what most think and here are my reasons why : No body has played over their heads...Offense has missed several opportunities (baseball) it happens...this team is Solid across the board....As this team continues to play and have success, They will continue to improve....Pitching Staff is the BACKBONE of this team..... Mark it down.....Good things coming...Watch for the Offense to take off in coming weeks.....This team is not far off from being undefeated in SEC play , I think UT finishes around 16-14 in SEC play and makes a lot of noise in Hoover..Look for them to play in the NCAA tourney this year...This team is NOT that young but is going through the PROCESS of Learning how to win....MOST teams have to figure that out...This team is figuring it out right before our eyes...Sometimes loosing a few hard ones along the way builds into that process....look for some Bats in our Line up to fire up in coming weeks..... I see A VERY SOLID BASEBALL TEAM ACROSS THE BOARD THAT WILL ONLY GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ALONG....Success of a team depends on a lot of how they re-act to adversity and failure...we as fans need to remember Baseball is a Game of Failure....But when they Fail and things go bad , how do they respond.....That's what this team has that others haven't had in past years....Body Language.says a lot.......MENTAL TOUGHNESS , GRIT , TEAM WORK AND CHEMISTRY!!! This is what will win Baseball Games but Those things only show up at the end and not at the end...WE WANT to BE PLAYING OUR BEST in MAY and I think we will.....prediction a Top 10 ranking before end of May!!! SUPER STAR pitching staff with a bunch of HARD NOSE BASEBALL PLAYERS that I BELIEVE will GET it DONE.....please mark this post and call me out at the end of May and see how far off i am.....Time will tell....But I love this teams Build up...Hat's off to the Parents , Coaching Staff and Players ..Calling ALL Fans!! GET on Board and be positive...BELIEVE!!!

this team is better than what most think and here are my reasons why : No body has played over their heads...Offense has missed several opportunities (baseball) it happens...this team is Solid across the board....As this team continues to play and have success, They will continue to improve....Pitching Staff is the BACKBONE of this team..... Mark it down.....Good things coming...Watch for the Offense to take off in coming weeks.....This team is not far off from being undefeated in SEC play , I think UT finishes around 16-14 in SEC play and makes a lot of noise in Hoover..Look for them to play in the NCAA tourney this year...This team is NOT that young but is going through the PROCESS of Learning how to win....MOST teams have to figure that out...This team is figuring it out right before our eyes...Sometimes loosing a few hard ones along the way builds into that process....look for some Bats in our Line up to fire up in coming weeks..... I see A VERY SOLID BASEBALL TEAM ACROSS THE BOARD THAT WILL ONLY GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ALONG....Success of a team depends on a lot of how they re-act to adversity and failure...we as fans need to remember Baseball is a Game of Failure....But when they Fail and things go bad , how do they respond.....That's what this team has that others haven't had in past years....Body Language.says a lot.......MENTAL TOUGHNESS , GRIT , TEAM WORK AND CHEMISTRY!!! This is what will win Baseball Games but Those things only show up at the end and not at the end...WE WANT to BE PLAYING OUR BEST in MAY and I think we will.....prediction a Top 10 ranking before end of May!!! SUPER STAR pitching staff with a bunch of HARD NOSE BASEBALL PLAYERS that I BELIEVE will GET it DONE.....please mark this post and call me out at the end of May and see how far off i am.....Time will tell....But I love this teams Build up...Hat's off to the Parents , Coaching Staff and Players ..Calling ALL Fans!! GET on Board and be positive...BELIEVE!!!

One thing that's impressed me this season is that we've been consistently winning the mid-week games. Good teams win a vast majority of the Tuesday/Wednesday games. Also, it shows this staff has developed much-needed depth on the pitching staff--a good sign for the future.

Even though we're still a few years away from really challenging the top SEC teams, you have to like where this program is heading. The talent is unquestionably improving.

Challenging top SEC teams - It's my opinion that we will be a Threat against AnY & ALL SEC TEAMS because I don't think ANY team is going to Beat up on our Pitching staff...So that will allow us to compete against ALL the SEC teams....Won 12 Games last year in the SEC....This pitching staff is ALOT better..Same Guys with another year , lots of added depth , Alot better defense and i think alot better Offense....so that's my take and that's what I see....I ain't scared of playing any SEC team with this line up...I say WE WILL be in all of the games and have a chance! that's all you can ask for!! Yes Timely hitting will be a key but as stated in another post it's coming!!

Reactions: OldTimer
A few years away? Are you freaking serious.? We are challenging them now. Damn I don't get it. It' as if they have to win a Natty before anyone will take them serious. Come on guys we are a few plays from being 6 and 0.

Reactions: OldTimer

VN Store

Back