'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Bailey definitely will be keeping a close eye on the situation, I'm sure. In January, his father acknowledged to me the fact that Tennessee was recruiting other QBs but sort of downplayed it by saying he thinks it's a pure numbers thing, so the Vols seem to have done a good job of letting Bailey and his father know that they maybe could use a second QB in this class. But if they somehow were to get a highly ranked guy like King who could be viewed as more of a threat to Bailey, I think that's always the type of thing you have to watch closely.
Callahan

Reactions: peaygolf
Walking a tight rope with recruiting, it's definitely a hard thing to do with young men and ego's. Hope Bailey sticks and we get another if coaches feel we need him.
I hope he understands competition will make him even better. More drive to outdo others that are really good can only lead to greatness. And we definitely need more Elite players at all positions to compete with Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson.

Walking a tight rope with recruiting, it's definitely a hard thing to do with young men and ego's. Hope Bailey sticks and we get another if coaches feel we need him.
Best thing to do is be honest with Bailey and his family, and it looks like we have. Honesty goes a long way in recruiting.

Best thing to do is be honest with Bailey and his family, and it looks like we have. Honesty goes a long way in recruiting.

Goes a long ways in many things.

If BM and JTS show signs that they can play in the SEC, maybe a 2nd qb isn't a gigantic need in'20.
just an observation.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So just in terms of film, Bailey looks every bit equal to T. Lawrence before his senior year, maybe better.....?

One of you guys way into QB's acumen care to talk about the comparison to Trevor Lawrence as related to how they looked before the senior season? Serious question and interested in some of your views. (Obvious due to success he had his freshman year and hopeful that translates for us at UT with Bailey)

M
So just in terms of film, Bailey looks every bit equal to T. Lawrence before his senior year, maybe better.....?

One of you guys way into QB's acumen care to talk about the comparison to Trevor Lawrence as related to how they looked before the senior season? Serious question and interested in some of your views. (Obvious due to success he had his freshman year and hopeful that translates for us at UT with Bailey)

More accurate than Trevor Lawrence. Better mechanics. Bailey is very accurate.

Trevor Lawrence is a better athlete.

Both can see over the pocket.

The two posts above is why I hope the rumor that he would reclassify to 2019 comes true. I know they shot it down quickly after it was mentioned by VQ but this guy is ready to give JG a serious run for the starting job TODAY.
Yeah, but perhaps he helps us with Gilbert and Ojulari by staying until next year. Plus, I think JG is going to be much improved this year with the way Coach is talking about him.

Excuse me, but this is supposed to be the 'Not Harrison Bailey' thread. Please find something else to discuss here other than the QB.

VN Store

Back