Vegas odds on Total Wins released

No, it ain’t “love”....it’s disgust. It’s disgusting acknowledgement that whatever seems to happen, no matter which team is doing well, which team sucks, or if both teams only win 4 games and just blow....Florida always beats Tennessee and always shows itself to be a better program than Tennessee, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Fact is, in 2017 we both won 4 games and were said to be in a major rebuild with a new head coach....yet when the dust cleared, that wasn’t true, only one of us was, since Florida came to Neyland and beat the ish out of us on the way to a 10-win season, while we limped to a bad 5-win season with embarrassing losses to Mizzou and vandie.

So, rather than hold out some irrational hope after all these years, I just go ahead and acknowledge what’s what, what’s the truth....Florida will be better than expected and Tennessee will very likely struggle to get to expectations.

Nothing but love KB, but I'll tell ya. When Gators see any post by you that references them, I can just see their chit-eating grin and it turns my stomach.

I know the history between us, Im old, but I don't have to constantly relive it nor do I have to give the resident gators over here the satisfaction of history and me advertising it.

Maybe the reason you think some of the gators are the best posters here on VN is because they don't come over here and degrade us and/or brag, hell, we do it for them. That's gotta stop. Haha.

Just talking crap KB, but seriously... Screw the gators.

Bama-11
UGA-10.5
LSU-9
Florida-9
Auburn-8
MSU-8
Texas A&M-7.5
Tennessee-7

Easy money on the last two, based on schedule alone.

Over on TN/A&M and under on Fla. Rest look too close to bet.

Thoughts? $1000 in your hand, how would you place the bets?
I'd bet I'd pay down my Visa.

Agreed. I guess some people are still having a tough time viewing Mullen as a great coach? I have a tough time imagining a scenario where they regress to 9 wins. They should be an 11 win team, especially if Emory Jones is good enough to take Franks job.
Great coach?

What makes you think he IS a great coach?

Coming into the year, he was the worst coach All-Time against top 25 teams, currently sits at 10-33. To put that win total into perspective, Kirby Smart already has 10 top 25 wins and matches Mullen’s win totals against top 10.

Understand Miss St is Miss St, but look closer. Mullen has feasted on the weak. Miss St was around 500 with Jackie Sherrill without the extra school of the blind or horrendous non P5 scheduling MSU did under Mullen, others have won there and even made the SECCG, not Mullen. So many cupcakes that Mullen had a losing record against non P5 teams entering this past year, he stuck his tip of his nose above 500 against P5 teams but still has a losing record in the SEC. even there, he has 38 wins in the SEC, 23 of those have come against the lower opponents in the league during his tenure (Ky, Vandy, Arkansas) etc.

He doesn’t recruit well, never has. In his first year, Moorehead had a better class than Mullen ever did there.

I don’t think he’s a bad coach, actually think it’s the opposite, but great should never be said about his coaching. I do think it ends badly at Fla. As noted above, he was mediocre if truly look at results but did well there considering the landscape that is Miss St. But, they are thrilled with a 10 win season at MSU. Florida was thrilled with it as well, this year but they will expect this to eventually be the floor, not the ceiling, I don’t see Mullen being able to handle the pressure at Fla when 10 wins is just 10 wins and they want more. He might reach a SECCG in his term at Fla, as he put it,even a blind squirrel can find a nut, but he’s already sitting at his ceiling.

Great coach?

What makes you think he IS a great coach?

Coming into the year, he was the worst coach All-Time against top 25 teams, currently sits at 10-33. To put that win total into perspective, Kirby Smart already has 10 top 25 wins and matches Mullen’s win totals against top 10.

Understand Miss St is Miss St, but look closer. Mullen has feasted on the weak. Miss St was around 500 with Jackie Sherrill without the extra school of the blind or horrendous non P5 scheduling MSU did under Mullen, others have won there and even made the SECCG, not Mullen. So many cupcakes that Mullen had a losing record against non P5 teams entering this past year, he stuck his tip of his nose above 500 against P5 teams but still has a losing record in the SEC. even there, he has 38 wins in the SEC, 23 of those have come against the lower opponents in the league during his tenure (Ky, Vandy, Arkansas) etc.

He doesn’t recruit well, never has. In his first year, Moorehead had a better class than Mullen ever did there.

I don’t think he’s a bad coach, actually think it’s the opposite, but great should never be said about his coaching. I do think it ends badly at Fla. As noted above, he was mediocre if truly look at results but did well there considering the landscape that is Miss St. But, they are thrilled with a 10 win season at MSU. Florida was thrilled with it as well, this year but they will expect this to eventually be the floor, not the ceiling, I don’t see Mullen being able to handle the pressure at Fla when 10 wins is just 10 wins and they want more. He might reach a SECCG in his term at Fla, as he put it,even a blind squirrel can find a nut, but he’s already sitting at his ceiling.
You can't compare what Dan Mullen did at MSU to what Kirby Smart has done at Georgia... two completely different situations. It'd be more fair to look at what Dan Mullen has done at Florida and what he's done is win more games in year 1 with a depleted roster than what Kirby did in year 1 with a loaded roster. If you want to look at what he did at MSU, all there is to see is that he took MSU to heights it's never seen before and never will see again. To maintain a .500 record against SEC opponents over a 9 year period while coaching at MSU is very impressive... something that's only been done by one other coach in MSU history, so yes I think "great" is a fair description.

Bama-11
UGA-10.5
LSU-9
Florida-9
Auburn-8
MSU-8
Texas A&M-7.5
Tennessee-7

I'd put $500 on Tennessee over and $500 on Miss. St. under.

Vegas is usually pretty spot on, I wouldn't bet against them often and expect to become wealthy. How anyone can claim that UT is a lock for more than 7 wins is beyond me. We have lost two in a row to Vandy and been embarrassed by Missouri. We have a lot to prove on the field.

Vegas is usually pretty spot on, I wouldn't bet against them often and expect to become wealthy. How anyone can claim that UT is a lock for more than 7 wins is beyond me. We have lost three in a row to Vandy and been embarrassed by Missouri. We have a lot to prove on the field.

fyp

*sigh*

You can't compare what Dan Mullen did at MSU to what Kirby Smart has done at Georgia... two completely different situations. It'd be more fair to look at what Dan Mullen has done at Florida and what he's done is win more games in year 1 with a depleted roster than what Kirby did in year 1 with a loaded roster. If you want to look at what he did at MSU, all there is to see is that he took MSU to heights it's never seen before and never will see again. To maintain a .500 record against SEC opponents over a 9 year period while coaching at MSU is very impressive... something that's only been done by one other coach in MSU history, so yes I think "great" is a fair description.
What ‘heights’ did he take them to again? Only finished ranked in 3 seasons. None in the top 10. NINE coaches have better winning percentages at Miss St than Mullen. Considering 3 of their coaches are in the college HOF, does Mullen even make top 5 coaches at MSU?

Took them to heights they had never seen? Well, except they’ve won the SEC and even Sherrill won the west and took them to the SECCG. Something Mullen couldn’t even come close to. He only once finished higher than 4th in the West.

Florida has a depleted roster? That’s why they had 5 or 6 declare early for the NFL Draft? I know at least 5, two more were weighing their options.

And he hasn’t maintained a 500 record in the SEC, he’s under that. Again, I’m not saying he’s a bad coach, cause I don’t believe he is, think he is a very solid coach but doesn’t sniff very good, much less great.

Last edited:
Vegas is usually pretty spot on, I wouldn't bet against them often and expect to become wealthy. How anyone can claim that UT is a lock for more than 7 wins is beyond me. We have lost two in a row to Vandy and been embarrassed by Missouri. We have a lot to prove on the field.
Speaking of, had a software convention in Cincinnati a few years back. I/S people from Windsor was there and they used the same software company. Nothing is by chance with those gambling machines, it’s all set by the software and a chip card in the machine, it’s set to hit X amount of times. For the returning customers, the ‘vip valet’ card they give you is set up for them as well. They monitor everyone and follow them. If you are ever a return customer, once they scan your valet card, they know where you like to play first and they make sure there is an open seat by the time you reach your desired destination. As they say, time is money.

I'd like to see the odds on how many pots of coffee Butch is going to make this season.
Man I wish my ex-employer would pay me millions to make coffee for their #1 competitor while I take notes from the greatest mind in the industry.

We’ve lost 3 in a row to lowly vandie and 5 of 7. You have to go back to 1954 to find a time period where Vandy beat Tennessee 5 times prior to 2013. Unreal.

Reactions: 08Vol and Titan05
What ‘heights’ did he take them to again? Only finished ranked in 3 seasons. None in the top 10. NINE coaches have better winning percentages at Miss St than Mullen. Considering 3 of their coaches are in the college HOF, does Mullen even make top 5 coaches at MSU?

Took them to heights they had never seen? Well, except they’ve won the SEC and even Sherrill won the west and took them to the SECCG. Something Mullen couldn’t even come close to. He only once finished higher than 4th in the West.

Florida has a depleted roster? That’s why they had 5 or 6 declare early for the NFL Draft? I know at least 5, two more were weighing their options.

And he hasn’t maintained a 500 record in the SEC, he’s under that. Again, I’m not saying he’s a bad coach, cause I don’t believe he is, think he is a very solid coach but doesn’t sniff very good, much less great.

They were the #1 team in the country. That's as heigh as it gets boss. Granted, they didn't finish the season #1, but taking them there was an unimaginable accomplishment. And give me a freaking break about the winning percentage garbage. Nobody since 1955 has a higher win percentage at MSU than Dan Mullen. How is anything prior to that relevant to comparing modern day coaches? Can you guess how many of those old-timers coached more than 50 games? 1. Allyn McKeen back in the 40s. Most of the guys you're referencing didn't coach more than 3 seasons.

You're right that he hasn't EXACTLY maintained a .500 record... I rounded up. He was .458 at MSU and he's .475 overall. I'm cool with your opinion that he isn't very good, but I'd be surprised if you experienced what he did at MSU as closely as I did, so I'm just gonna agree to disagree and move on with my opinion of Mullen and the expectation that Florida will become a national championship contender very, very soon.

Reactions: 08Vol
No, it ain’t “love”....it’s disgust. It’s disgusting acknowledgement that whatever seems to happen, no matter which team is doing well, which team sucks, or if both teams only win 4 games and just blow....Florida always beats Tennessee and always shows itself to be a better program than Tennessee, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Fact is, in 2017 we both won 4 games and were said to be in a major rebuild with a new head coach....yet when the dust cleared, that wasn’t true, only one of us was, since Florida came to Neyland and beat the ish out of us on the way to a 10-win season, while we limped to a bad 5-win season with embarrassing losses to Mizzou and vandie.

So, rather than hold out some irrational hope after all these years, I just go ahead and acknowledge what’s what, what’s the truth....Florida will be better than expected and Tennessee will very likely struggle to get to expectations.
All fans admire successful programs, especially if they root for one, which TN fans emphatically do not. That's not love, but an acknowledgement that having great athletics across the board like Florida has had for the last 30 years sure would be a feather in any school's cap.

Well... once again Butch bashers.

View attachment 197434

Butch bashing still has its place if you stop and consider that our team is still in a recovery process from what he shaped this team into during his time here. The dude was smoking a cigar with a team he had no help in building against the team he helped destroy. Until we shake the ugly from this team, Butch bashing should continue. I'm not saying we should dwell on it, but that we shouldn't forget it. I think we all were hoping that there would be a night and day difference between Butch's team and Pruitt's team. It wasn't there. But things appear to be going in a better direction now. We'll all see just how much better, in September.

I think Texas A&M upsets Clemson and Georgia and and loses to LSU and Alabama.
I would love to see them beat UGA. I think Smart isn’t as good as UGA fans make him out to be. So far on the field he isn’t better than Richt. With their schedule they’ll likely be favored in every game so if they were to lose 2 or more that would not be a very good job barring massive injuries. We shall see. As far as A&M goes, I do think Fisher will have them competing for the West in a couple years. I don’t think they’re there yet though. I don’t see them beating Bama or Clemson but it is certainly possible they get UGA or LSU.

I don't think aTm had a chance against Clemson.

I really hope UGa implodes and has a really bad season, I just can't stand Smart.

I also tend to agree that Mullen has already reached his peak for the Gators.

I can see him coming after our coaches to get better recruiters to help him keep his job.

VFL...GBO!!!

For me,its frustration and hate,,not love.
I want the Gators to lose in everything they do no matter who they play. It's just football is my favorite and it seems no matter who our coaches or players are,,somehow or someway they end up winning the game 8 or 9 times out of 10 against us every decade since divisional play started it seems like. That's my frustration. It's really the only week during the season I'm kinda negative a lot. When we do get to to win I really enjoy that so I got that going for me.
So it's not "love" for the Gators for me either,it more just frustration and being resigned to the fact we just cant beat them consistantly to get over the hump.

Butch bashing still has its place if you stop and consider that our team is still in a recovery process from what he shaped this team into during his time here. The dude was smoking a cigar with a team he had no help in building against the team he helped destroy. Until we shake the ugly from this team, Butch bashing should continue. I'm not saying we should dwell on it, but that we shouldn't forget it. I think we all were hoping that there would be a night and day difference between Butch's team and Pruitt's team. It wasn't there. But things appear to be going in a better direction now. We'll all see just how much better, in September.

Maybe but Bitch ain't here no mo'. Nor is Dooley or Kiffin. Rather than continuing to be obsessed with the undearly departed, Vols fans really, really, really, need to learn how to:

Letitgo1.jpg

Bama-11
UGA-10.5
LSU-9
Florida-9
Auburn-8
MSU-8
Texas A&M-7.5
Tennessee-7

Under on Bama $50
Under on UGA $50
Over on LSU $200
Over on Florida $200
Push on Auburn No Bet
Under on MSU $50
Over Texas A&M $450
Push Tennessee

I don’t think many of you have looked at Texas A&M’s schedule. They will likely be underdogs at Clemson, at Georgia, at LSU, and home against Bama. So to say over means you think they will win at home against Auburn, Miss St, and South Carolina, at Ole Miss, and at a neutral site against Arkansas. I could easily see them 7-5 or maybe even 6-6. They also lose their top 6 tacklers from D. Maybe they do end up 8-4 but I sure wouldn’t put money on it with that schedule.

Defense doesn't really matter. They just have to play a C game. Jimbo will have Mond for his second year and that is huge for a Jimbo Offense. Texas A&M will be a team that should score tons of points. Defense just has to play somewhat competently.

Put my money on A&M and Tenn. Jimbo is a very good coach and will have the Aggies back in the big picture. Tenn schedule is cream gravy, anything less than 7 wins with that schedule will be a huge failure

Aggies have not been very relevent in past 50 years. But, they should have!

VN Store

Back