Vegas odds on Total Wins released

Given Bama’s schedule I would put all $1,000 on them going over. At worst you push.

I think the big one to keep an eye on this year is Auburn. Will they do like LSU last year and do a reverse of expectations or will the "buy out" discussions heat back up again at a horrid pace? I just want to get to a spot in football, like we are in basketball, where we can say, "look at how dysfunctional those other teams are". Been in the "misery loves company" group for way too long.

Can’t see 10 for Fla with this schedule.

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando)
Sept. 7 UT Martin
Sept. 14 at Kentucky
Sept. 21 Tennessee
Sept. 28 Towson
Oct. 5 Auburn
Oct. 12 at LSU
Oct. 19 at South Carolina
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt
Nov. 16 at Missouri
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State

Their schedule isn't as daunting as it appears. Besides @ LSU and Georgia, they have the potential to win 9 or 10 easily unless Franks takes several steps backwards and their OL resembles ours.

I don’t think many of you have looked at Texas A&M’s schedule. They will likely be underdogs at Clemson, at Georgia, at LSU, and home against Bama. So to say over means you think they will win at home against Auburn, Miss St, and South Carolina, at Ole Miss, and at a neutral site against Arkansas. I could easily see them 7-5 or maybe even 6-6. They also lose their top 6 tacklers from D. Maybe they do end up 8-4 but I sure wouldn’t put money on it with that schedule.
I think Texas A&M upsets Clemson and Georgia and and loses to LSU and Alabama.

[Thoughts? $1000 in your hand, how would you place the bets?[/QUOTE]

$500 on #13
$500 on #7

Let her spiiiiiiiinnnn!!!

Hard to tell with Auburn. They could go 3-9 or 10-2. They are the most random team in the conference.

I'm not guaranteeing that Auburn won't be good this year. But, over the past decade, their results really aren't that random:

2009 - 8-5
2010 - 14-0 <-- 1st year with transfer QB Cam Newton
2011 - 8-5
2012 - 3-8
2013 - 12-2 <-- 1st year with transfer QB Nick Marshall
2014 - 8-5
2015 - 7-6
2016 - 8-5
2017 - 10-4 <-- 1st year with transfer QB Jarrett Stidham
2018 - 8-5

I know that correlation doesn't always equal causation. But there is an easily identifiable trend when it comes to Auburn.

Yea yea yea, I know "blah blah blah"... but the love some of you give Florida is disgusting.
I would suggest Freak give them their own forum but they'd never keep it there.
They feel it their duty to share the exact mouth feelz Florida leaves them.

I'd take the grand to put it into my escrow account or toward the principal. Not being a smartass (for once) it's what I'd really do.

Good sound financial advice, however sometimes you just have to live a little.

Good sound financial advice, however sometimes you just have to live a little.

True enough. I just happen to be a man with very simple tastes. I guess you could say I'm practically practical.

Florida will be over as well. Push for Tennessee, over for A&M.
Agreed. I guess some people are still having a tough time viewing Mullen as a great coach? I have a tough time imagining a scenario where they regress to 9 wins. They should be an 11 win team, especially if Emory Jones is good enough to take Franks job.

Reactions: 08Vol and KBVol
I'm not guaranteeing that Auburn won't be good this year. But, over the past decade, their results really aren't that random:

2009 - 8-5
2010 - 14-0 <-- 1st year with transfer QB Cam Newton
2011 - 8-5
2012 - 3-8
2013 - 12-2 <-- 1st year with transfer QB Nick Marshall
2014 - 8-5
2015 - 7-6
2016 - 8-5
2017 - 10-4 <-- 1st year with transfer QB Jarrett Stidham
2018 - 8-5

I know that correlation doesn't always equal causation. But there is an easily identifiable trend when it comes to Auburn.
Interesting

Yea yea yea, I know "blah blah blah"... but the love some of you give Florida is disgusting.
No, it ain’t “love”....it’s disgust. It’s disgusting acknowledgement that whatever seems to happen, no matter which team is doing well, which team sucks, or if both teams only win 4 games and just blow....Florida always beats Tennessee and always shows itself to be a better program than Tennessee, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Fact is, in 2017 we both won 4 games and were said to be in a major rebuild with a new head coach....yet when the dust cleared, that wasn’t true, only one of us was, since Florida came to Neyland and beat the ish out of us on the way to a 10-win season, while we limped to a bad 5-win season with embarrassing losses to Mizzou and vandie.

So, rather than hold out some irrational hope after all these years, I just go ahead and acknowledge what’s what, what’s the truth....Florida will be better than expected and Tennessee will very likely struggle to get to expectations.

I'd like to see the odds on how many pots of coffee Butch is going to make this season.

Reactions: Hyperion

VN Store

Back