CFN 2019 College Football Early Predictions

Snakebrown13

2019 College Football Early Predictions

Tennessee Volunteers
The Vols need to figure out the defensive front and have come up with a more consistent offense, but the wins are going to be there. They’ll almost certainly start 3-0 before going to Florida, and UAB and Vanderbilt should be Ws if all going according to plan. They’ll be good enough to pull off a slight stunner or two – at Missouri and South Carolina should work – to get bowl eligible.
2018 Record: 5-7
Realistic Best Case Record: 9-3
Realistic Worst Case Record: 5-7
2019 Prediction, March Version: 7-5

Upsetting teams that routinely beat the hell out of you over and over again over a 4-5 year period ....yes, they would be considered “stunners”.

Neither of those teams have beaten us routinely over the past 4-5 years. The past 3 SC games were all close ones with less than a touchdown difference. Missouri, the last two years, has severely beaten us.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
7-5 seems about right, especially because we have no idea how the offensive line will perform, and we are replacing the entire defensive line. Anyone who thinks this is a 9-3 team is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Neither of those teams have beaten us routinely over the past 4-5 years. The past 3 SC games were all close ones with less than a touchdown difference. Missouri, the last two years, has severely beaten us.
We're 2-5 against Missouri since they joined SEC. At this point, I think it's safe to say they beat us routinely. Hopefully we see that change with Pruitt at the helm.

I think that is right about where most of us have the team - 7-5 with mayyyyyyybe 8 reg season wins, 9 being possible but a real stretch. If we dont make a bowl against this schedule, something is seriously wrong.
Agreed. I can see 6-6, but 7-5 is probably the best bet. If everything goes right with breaks not expected, 8 wins is possible.

Reactions: WebbCobb
2-5 vs Missouri since they joined the SEC, which includes 3 games where they beat us by 30+ points. Fair point on SCar, but they have Muschamp as their head coach, and he’s now 7-0 vs Tennessee, including 3-0 at SCar. So while SCar hasn’t “beaten the hell out of us”, they own us right now, like everybody else. Missouri however, they’ve beaten the hell out of us.

2-5 vs Missouri since they joined the SEC, which includes 3 games where they beat us by 30+ points. Fair point on SCar, but they have Muschamp as their head coach, and he’s now 7-0 vs Tennessee, including 3-0 at SCar. So while SCar hasn’t “beaten the hell out of us”, they own us right now, like everybody else. Missouri however, they’ve beaten the hell out of us.

You can say that all you want and to you it can be true, but Alabama and Florida are the only Two that can say they "Own" us in my opinion, certainly not "everybody else".

And....whoever is claiming to own Tennessee, should be the only ones claiming it. IMO.

We're 2-5 against Missouri since they joined SEC. At this point, I think it's safe to say they beat us routinely. Hopefully we see that change with Pruitt at the helm.

2-2 over past 4 years. So 50-50 if we go back only til then. We had a two win streak then they did.

I'd be happy with 8-4. 7-5 would be a step in the right direction and to go bowling after two years of not would be a treat. I can't believe I just actually said that as a life long vols fan but it's where we are.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
We’ll see what Missouri is all about post Lock
With average players around him let’s see how Bryant does before we say they’ll win.

We given away more games against SC then I care to remember they’ll never own Tennessee. Remember the best they could do with their best teams ever was dead even.

Reactions: jarnol32
Also, we have never beaten Muschamp, ever. Until we beat him at least once, I am not penciling in wins against the guy.

Reactions: Titan05 and VolinMC
Also, we have never beaten Muschamp, ever. Until we beat him at least once, I am not penciling in wins against the guy.

I am not saying it is an automatic win either, but I believe we have a good chance this year. It is not like they're an unbeatable team. Muschamp went against what are considered TN's worst coaches, besides Pruitt who took over a terrible team in his first HC job. If Pruitt is the great talent evaluator, developer, and coach we think he will be, we should win this year, especially at home.

Reactions: TennMan101
I am not saying it is an automatic win either, but I believe we have a good chance this year. It is not like they're an unbeatable team. Muschamp went against what are considered TN's worst coaches, besides Pruitt who took over a terrible team in his first HC job. If Pruitt is the great talent evaluator, developer, and coach we think he will be, we should win this year, especially at home.
I think South Carolina is a more likely win than Missouri.

I don't count us out against Miss State at home either. I'm not convinced Joe Moorhead is all that. It's not a "W" or anything but I think it's realistic we could pull it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolinMC

VN Store

Back