'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

No, I have not. Reached out but have yet to hear anything back. He told me that he would be down on the 7th a couple of weeks back, but the last time I spoke to him was during the interview portion of the Future 50 camp.
Thanks. Hope you get an interview

Reactions: vol4092
This makes zero sense.

If you are taking 4 OL, how in the hell is #6-8 an “easy” take?

They would be fallback options, by definition.

Because you know you won't be batting .1000! In fact, how many big time offers do you actually land? Well below 50%. So if you can take a top 10 when you need 4 eventually, it seems like a no brainer UNLESS you are feeling goddang assured you are in prime running for your top guys (remember, you will still lose some of those).

Reactions: T Dog
Because you know you won't be batting .1000! In fact, how many big time offers do you actually land? Well below 50%. So if you can take a top 10 when you need 4 eventually, it seems like a no brainer UNLESS you are feeling goddang assured you are in prime running for your top guys (remember, you will still lose some of those).
Like I said, fallback option. Not a take right now.

We wanted Wanya & Wright last class. We got em.

Swing for the fences until it’s time to put the ball in play.

Like I said, fallback option. Not a take right now.

We wanted Wanya & Wright last class. We got em.

Swing for the fences until it’s time to put the ball in play.

wanya & wright would have space regardless. That's only 2 guys.
Who else we get? Lampley a 4 and 2 3*s a lot lower than Tucker. Don't see why a guy like him couldn't be your bottom barrel guy. Then no need to scramble in the Fall.

The staff must feel good about some of the other OL prospects in this class to have let a kid in their own back yard go like that. If Clemson takes a guy, you have to think there's something to him. That said, if we hit on Ratledge, Mayes, and a couple of the Memphis guys I'm not gonna be so worried about Bryn. Tyler Baron, on the other hand...

wanya & wright would have space regardless. That's only 2 guys.
Who else we get? Lampley a 4 and 2 3*s a lot lower than Tucker. Don't see why a guy like him couldn't be your bottom barrel guy. Then no need to scramble in the Fall.
Those two 3 stars camped and earned their offers. I'm sure Tucker could've done the same this summer, but his early rating has him thinking he shouldn't have to do that. Best of luck to him but give me Cooper and Baron out of Catholic and let's roll.

I more meant it to express surprise that the staff feel that confident that they can reel in 5-6 OL prospects better than Tucker. Have a nice day.

This staff has done pretty damn well so far in recruiting, so why are you “surprised”?

It’s freaking March, and some of you are acting like it’s mid-December. Get a grip.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Is there someone in Knoxville Catholic coaching that hates the Vols? Just curious...
If we land Cooper I guess that will cure the wounds. Dont know who is actually Better. Cooper is a Center, Tucker is a Guard.

Just thought about this. If he commits to Clemson, does he get a bump on rankings.

I just don’t understand the logic behind him or any other player being good enough to play for programs like Clemons but not good enough to play for us. Delusional!

I just don’t understand the logic behind him or any other player being good enough to play for programs like Clemons but not good enough to play for us. Delusional!
Clemson/ACC isn't known for maulers like the SEC. Tucker fits more in that conference. Below are the OL commits from the last 3 cycles.
d5c4003281ea1809b2664dc78f406bad.png

f35b53610242caa03145741a0f373789.png

ada21184ed8976a04608552f02081117.png

VN Store

Back