We had four WR's average over 14 yards a catch and..

I don't think yards per catch is a cherry picked stat. All four of those guys averaged a first down everytime you threw to them. And as far as the scheme goes, that guy is in Western Kentucky...
Not every time JG threw to them. Instead, every time the pass was COMPLETED to them.

I was kidding about starting a thread and a poll.
I know. I think you said something about going back and finding names and posts.

So if someone is trolling and talking about how bad JG sucks, you think they really think he's good and has potential?
No. I think they're exaggerating what they do think to get a rise out of certain folks here. If I had to guess and assuming they're actually Vol fans... I'd say they don't think much of JG but not quite as extreme as "he sucks".

K-town is the only one I've noticed that seems to have an obsession with defending JG and he seems to have laid off in the last week or so.
I've responded to several others... but I'm not going to go back and collect posts and names either ;)

To be honest, even though its a little weird seeing K town the way he is about JG, its a lot more weird seeing some obsess with the constant criticism. I'd just like to say to both....we get it.
We've both been here a while. I just like the jousting.

I actually do like JG and wish he could take advantage of his pretty impressive physical talent. I LOVE the way he throws the ball. To me, he just throws a pretty ball. I like that he is accurate within the strike zone... something I thought was a weakness for Dobbs. Folks like K-town just manage to get me to emphasize the critical points.

Reactions: Remy and Behr
I cal BS on this post since it’s a known fact that you have no friends

Id consider him a friend whether he considers me one or not, foes that count? I wouldn't waste time, even on the internet with people I don't like.

P.S. I will say that I like some of my friends way more than others. :)

Id consider him a friend whether he considers me one or not, foes that count? I wouldn't waste time, even on the internet with people I don't like.

FLVOL_79 knows I’m messing with him, or at least he should. None of us know each other at all so how can we really say we don’t like another poster. We disagree on JG and I was just trolling him a bit

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I looked and couldn't find you saying anything good about JG except that you don't hate him and you don't wish for him to get hurt. But I thought if I did like you asked, maybe you would find one and show me I'm wrong.
Getting your multi-quote reps in! Preparing for the champ? 😉
1552095186835.gif

JG needs learn some basic things a QB should learn in high school, and improve on in college, look @ defense know who's coming from where. I hope Chaney
can help him improve. That said an average OL would improve this team 2 TDS a game min...……………...GO VOLS

JG needs learn some basic things a QB should learn in high school, and improve on in college, look @ defense know who's coming from where. I hope Chaney
can help him improve. That said an average OL would improve this team 2 TDS a game min...……………...GO VOLS

Our OL, WRs, TEs and RBs should know how to do basic things they learned in HS. But it seems they havent.

Our OL, WRs, TEs and RBs should know how to do basic things they learned in HS. But it seems they havent.
I always wonder about that with the college game. It seems the fundamentals are often severely lacking do to either bad coaching or lack of coaching. But its football..you'd think the fundamentals would stay....fundamental.

What SEC teams WRs led the conference in drops? Askng for a friend.

What SEC team led the conference in just throwing the ball up in coverage (causing them to have to fight for the ball) because they waited too long to hit their receivers when they were open.... asking for a friend....

I was kidding about starting a thread and a poll.

So if someone is trolling and talking about how bad JG sucks, you think they really think he's good and has potential?

K-town is the only one I've noticed that seems to have an obsession with defending JG and he seems to have laid off in the last week or so.

To be honest, even though its a little weird seeing K town the way he is about JG, its a lot more weird seeing some obsess with the constant criticism. I'd just like to say to both....we get it.
The only ones with an obsession are the ones bashing him.

I challenge anyone to find a thread were I brought JG up first. All my post have been in response to people bashing our qb. That is all.

What SEC team led the conference in just throwing the ball up in coverage (causing them to have to fight for the ball) because they waited too long to hit their receivers when they were open.... asking for a friend....

Are those stats that are actually tracked? Or are they just deflections to further a narrative?

Are those stats that are actually tracked? Or are they just deflections to further a narrative?

Just go watch the games. Tell me how many of our receivers were hit as they made their break. You can make your own stats but it didn’t happen. There is no narrative. It is what JG needs to improve on this year.

Just go watch the games. Tell me how many of our receivers were hit as they made their break. You can make your own stats but it didn’t happen. There is no narrative. It is what JG needs to improve on this year.

They dropped way too many easy passes. Those are facts backed up by stats.

They dropped way too many easy passes. Those are facts backed up by stats.

Which receivers dropped easy passes? And which games? (I am willing to bet you rarely find a dropped pass where the receiver was not receiving some sort of contact from a defender)

Which receivers dropped easy passes? And which games? (I am willing to bet you rarely find a dropped pass where the receiver was not receiving some sort of contact from a defender)

Not every pass was easy but there were multiple ones that I remember seeing. Regardless, they led the SEC in drop %. They were pretty unreliable as a whole. JG certainly had his share of bad throws, but the stats and offense would have looked better if they were better pass catchers.

YPC is a shiz metric. A guy that catches 1 in 10 hail marys will have a nation leading YPC while Wes Welker would be at the bottom. Give me YPA across the team.

Not every pass was easy but there were multiple ones that I remember seeing. Regardless, they led the SEC in drop %. They were pretty unreliable as a whole. JG certainly had his share of bad throws, but the stats and offense would have looked better if they were better pass catchers.

It would help if JG learns to lead his receivers; more often than not, receivers have to come back, turn or leap for the ball as opposed to just catching it on their route.

Would have looked better if they caught the ball yes. Would have looked even better if they were thrown the ball when they came out of their breaks

VN Store

Back