Holly Warlick post-game SEC vs. Mississippi State

Holly is not hearing some of the things she needs to hear. I would have privately laid into her for not calling a timeout during that second quarter 9 to 26 run. And if that cost me my job then it cost me my job ... and if it's saved the team from a 9 to 26 run then it's worth my job

Holly is not hearing some of the things she needs to hear. I would have privately laid into her for not calling a timeout during that second quarter 9 to 26 run. And if that cost me my job then it cost me my job ... and if it's saved the team from a 9 to 26 run then it's worth my job
How did you feel about the defense today? They tried some new things it appeared.

How did you feel about the defense today? They tried some new things it appeared.

defense didn't kill us

Not using coaching weapons: (eg,, attacking a TMc since she had 2 fouls early...calling a timeout to stop the Q2 run...Letting the team set another bad-record (26 turnovers....26?!.,,,no timeouts used)

Get my point

Reactions: Momto2
Holly Warlick is a very nice lady who is destroying the legacy house of the great Pat Summitt. She is going from room to room with a wagon loaded with a sledgehammer, a blow torch, a shotgun, a wrecking bar, an axe, a chain saw and a case of hand grenades. The only question about her intent is: which room will she destroy next? Holly is a loose cannon par excellence. However, as I said before, she is a very nice and likeable lady.

defense didn't kill us

Not using coaching weapons: (eg,, attacking a TMc since she had 2 fouls early...calling a timeout to stop the Q2 run...Letting the team set another bad-record (26 turnovers....26?!.,,,no timeouts used)

Get my point
I hear you. The turnovers were just plain wild today. I wasn't sure why she didn't call any time outs maybe she was waiting for TV ones but I mean obviously they weren't composed.

You don't call a time out unless you know whats wrong and how to correct it, otherwise whats the point? Turnovers 2 years ago, turnovers last year and guess what, turnovers again this season.

Reactions: Momto2
I just watched official post game presser, not the one by OP. CHW does not see herself as part of the problem. She did not throw players under the bus per se, but she does not understand that her coaching has produced a turnoverfest. These players were unprepared for the MSState press and pressure and she did nothing as a coach to help them in game.
She even said she watched first State game and she knows her team is better today than they were the first time they played. She said it is obvious that we are improving. Delusional
Anyone thinking she will resign on her on better think again.

Holly Warlick is a very nice lady who is destroying the legacy house of the great Pat Summitt. She is going from room to room with a wagon loaded with a sledgehammer, a blow torch, a shotgun, a wrecking bar, an axe, a chain saw and a case of hand grenades. The only question about her intent is: which room will she destroy next? Holly is a loose cannon par excellence. However, as I said before, she is a very nice and likeable lady.
It's outrageous. Almost as outrageous as the fact that you are still viceroy of the trade federation. #notmyviceroy

Reactions: Bret178
Not at all

I travel behind those I can't catch,
I run with those I run with
I pass those who I cannot call an example

I have seen enough Tf

• With a 23-17 lead we let a 9-26 run in Q2 no time out taken
  • Advising the girls to over dribble to beat the press (Exact opposite is true)
  • Crying at a ref, is not working a ref
  • back to back TO's several times with no repercussions
  • 26 turnovers...The most this year and maybe the most in SEC tourney play (more records broken)
  • Not one timeout called for the entire game (the one used was called by Mimi to save a 5 second count)
It's not that I am quick to throw CHW under the bus
I am quick to defend those players who need a new driver

It sad but Dipshit Fulmer wont man up and do his job to save the program....itll be this "youth" ******** as an excuse. Memorial services for Fulmers balls will be at 2pm Monday with graveside proceedings immediately thereafter.....pathetic....smh

Young??
Effort??
The only lack of effort and "youth" shown here is coaching:
  • With a 23-17 lead we let a 9-26 run in Q2 no time out taken
  • Advising the girls to over dribble to beat the press (Exact opposite is true)
  • Crying at a ref, is not working a ref
  • back to back TO's several times with no repercussions
  • 26 turnovers...The most this year and maybe the most in SEC tourney play (more records broken)
  • Not one timeout called for the entire game (the one used was called by Mimi to save a 5 second count)
This university has to wake up.

I CAN BE THERE TOMORROW (and should be!)

Those 26 turnovers produced 30 Missouri points...LV lost by 16 points....those turnovers were the difference in the game....Warlkck has never addressed the turnovers. On the other hand in practice Coach Rick Barnes makes a player with a turnover run up and down the arena steps....note usually the team has around only 6 to 7....the difference is coaching.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It sad but Dipshit Fulmer wont man up and do his job to save the program....itll be this "youth" ******** as an excuse. Memorial services for Fulmers balls will be at 2pm Monday with graveside proceedings immediately thereafter.....pathetic....smh

Or, maybe Fulmer is being a mature professional and waiting for the season to end before having the talk.

Look guys and gals ... nothing is gonna happen .. we dont have the money ... Fulmer has spent all our resources to get the money coming in again in Football ..we have over spent to try to get us back in the game for football ... we dont have the money to pay out Holly .. then beyond that the money to pay a top 5 coach to come in .. it will take alot more than Holly was making ... and I dont see us hiring an up and comer .. The Lady Vols hold too big a name in the Womens game but the name is fading ..its a touch spot ..unless some big donor comes in and says I will front the cost till year 3 I just dont see us having the resources to get this done because of the chance we are taking in over spending in football to get the revenue flowing again thru football and some stability.

She isn’t going anywhere until he is forced to make a decision. It’s going to take more than one “bad” season I am afraid. It wouldn’t surprise me if they somehow sneak into the tournament on name alone and exclaim how they kept their tournament streak alive

We just received $40 million from the SEC, most of that in TV revenue. Women’s basketball is a major part of the programming on the SEC network this time of year. The Lady Vol Basketball program is still a national brand that will draw viewers to the network. We owe it to the SEC, and the reputation of Women’s Basketball, in general, to spend some of that money on a coach that will restore the dignity to that brand.

Look guys and gals ... nothing is gonna happen .. we dont have the money ... Fulmer has spent all our resources to get the money coming in again in Football ..we have over spent to try to get us back in the game for football ... we dont have the money to pay out Holly .. then beyond that the money to pay a top 5 coach to come in .. it will take alot more than Holly was making ... and I dont see us hiring an up and comer .. The Lady Vols hold too big a name in the Womens game but the name is fading ..its a touch spot ..unless some big donor comes in and says I will front the cost till year 3 I just dont see us having the resources to get this done because of the chance we are taking in over spending in football to get the revenue flowing again thru football and some stability.

Holly probably struggled to keep her grades up to play. She is not smart. I had hoped she had enough common sense to see she was destroying what Pat Summitt built. I think Fulmer has already decided to let her go. I hope he can hire a coach who can turn the program around quickly. I hope he goes after the best available coach and doesn't let gender or legacy affect the decision.

Listening to the broadcast the last two SEC tourney games has been painful. Its the end of the season, NCAA tourney is on the line, your job is on the line and you turn over the ball 17+ times in both games. Pathetic! That is purely on the coaching staff. I could only imagine what Rick Barnes would do if the men's team turned the ball over like that. It is all about discipline, plain and simple!

Reactions: orangealways
We just received $40 million from the SEC, most of that in TV revenue. Women’s basketball is a major part of the programming on the SEC network this time of year. The Lady Vol Basketball program is still a national brand that will draw viewers to the network. We owe it to the SEC, and the reputation of Women’s Basketball, in general, to spend some of that money on a coach that will restore the dignity to that brand.

Did fulmer tell u that? At this point, it's not really up to him because everyone nationally are firing on him, so he wana play with his own job great. Not because all the lady vols star plays & Busters are not talking publicly, they're doing in down-low.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It is 100% up to Fulmer. Any move will be initiated by him. His decision won't affect the SEC revenue stream. And his job is in no jeopardy at all.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back