Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. LSU

Aww precious Tamika said MeMe had a "little shooting slump". Bless.

Missed layup drill in progress.

Who loves short shorts? Zaay love short shorts! Bet there's a new SEC uniform rule next season.

Evina go bye bye, 2 fouls.

Yeah, Catch being kind on that one definitely nothing "little" about her shooting slump.

I honestly have no problemw ith the short shorts, I much prefer that to 6 or 7 years ago when girls were trying to sag their shorts to where they hung at mid shin. It looked plain dumb to me.

I put Charlie Creme and Micky Dearstone in the same category mentally. Anytime I hear one of them start to speak I instantly stop listening.

Reactions: orangealways
Stop me if you've heard this before: turnovers mount, Holly throws both arms overhead, shakes head vigorously, turnovers mount . . .

Yea she can’t do any thing about players throwing up layups that don’t go in. That is on the player. The team does not play with IQ. Things that cannot becoached are disrupting the team. A lack of intensity considering the stakes.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yea she can’t do any thing about players throwing up layups that don’t go in. That is on the player. The team does not play with IQ. Things that cannot becoached are disrupting the team. A lack of intensity considering the stakes.
Even if I agreed with your premise about things that can't be coached, Holly is still responsible. She recruited them.
The buck stops at the desk of the HC.

Why do we always look so hesitant?

We had 3 seconds and we just look to run out the clock?

Evina got the ball when it was loose and it took her 3 seconds to decide to bolt up court.
Hesitant because they have absolutely no idea what they are to do.

Reactions: zaqhhh
There's a person, who my tax dollars pay by the way, in charge of coaching exactly player IQ, intensity, and preparation. Same person who hand chose these players. Other coaches, like the ones who compete for championships, seem to be able to successfully coach those intangibles. Or there's that guy Rick Barnes right next door . . .

I put Charlie Creme and Micky Dearstone in the same category mentally. Anytime I hear one of them start to speak I instantly stop listening.
When riding in a vehicle while LVs are playing I listen to the game with the radio on mute because Dearstone is so bad. Clean the LV house top to bottom. Players deserve better.

Three players on the bench with two fouls and most of the fouls were totally ignorant decisions. The low IQ of our team is the major reason Holly should be fired. The fundamentals of the game are totally missing. LSU not that great either but were a little worse thus far today.

Massengill is the worst defender to ever wear the UT Lady Vol uniform. She should be ashamed of her effort when they watch film. Barely closes on shooters, puts a half hearted hand up and just watches it go in. Like watching the A&M game all over again. Letting someone who barely shoots the 3 light us up. Pathetic.

NOt saying its the reason we are playing so poorly. But yet again, the officiating has been awful. What is the foul disparity? I can't find an updated box score but I think they have 2 fouls and we have 8?

Pretty good crowd. Not like years past however. 50-60% maybe?

Hmmm, you might even be generous with that estimate. I'd peg it at about 25% of the last few years and less than 10% of what would show up for the 2000s Pat crews. It was, some years, almost like a few more home games there during the dominant era.

VN Store

Back