'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Look like Tarzan. Hoping he not play like Jane.
I get what you’re saying but that hasn’t been the issue with him. When he’s on the field he played like a 5 star (I know it’s HS), the problem he missed his SR year of HS and got hurt first day of practice at the AA game. Hopefully him being in a college S&C program will help.

How has that number not been retired
The UT number retirement criteria is literally impossible.

THREE of the following...
  • Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame
  • SEC Player of the Year
  • First Team All-American
  • Heisman Trophy winner
  • Winner of either the Sullivan Award, Draddy Award, or SEC Athlete of the Year (all sports)
....AND, THREE of the following:
  • Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame
  • NFL Offensive or Defensive MVP
  • FIVE Pro Bowl selections
  • Own a major single season or career statistical record

Tennessee Football & Basketball Retired Number Criteria

Last edited:

• SEC Player of the Year
  • Heisman Trophy winner
  • Winner of either the Sullivan Award, Draddy Award, or SEC Athlete of the Year (all sports)

Should be “literally impossible.” It’s the (or close to) ultimate honor in college athletics

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Should be “literally impossible.” It’s the (or close to) ultimate honor in college athletics
No argument there, it is the ultimate honor. However, when guys like Eric Berry, Al Wilson, Leonard Little do not even come close to qualifying it has to make you second guess the criteria. Eric Berry is the only one even somewhat close, and he currently only has First Team All American, SEC Defensive Player of the Year and Five Pro Bowls. Berry should get NCAA HOF and maybe NFL HOF, that would give him 5 of the 6. Al Wilson only meets 1 of the 6. Little only 1 of 6. Witten 1 of 6.

Maybe they can count beating cancer as one to get #14 retired. He is a Vol great, and deserving of the honor. I also think Johnny Majors is deserving as well.

Reactions: volsfan_17
#45 is retired

Little and Wilson are all time greats at UT. But not the greatest of the great.

2x All Americans have a better argument in my opinion.

4EF8C68E-DD8B-44D7-BB1C-ED62F364D0B2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
Yep you are right. It wasn’t retired when I was at UT, 8-9 years ago. Not sure how I missed that memo and haven’t noticed. Long overdue imo.
I think #14 will be one day.....and should.
The criteria involving the NFL stuff is stupid. What they did in Knoxville is all that matters.

No argument there, it is the ultimate honor. However, when guys like Eric Berry, Al Wilson, Leonard Little do not even come close to qualifying it has to make you second guess the criteria. Eric Berry is the only one even somewhat close, and he currently only has First Team All American, SEC Defensive Player of the Year and Five Pro Bowls. Berry should get NCAA HOF and maybe NFL HOF, that would give him 5 of the 6. Al Wilson only meets 1 of the 6. Little only 1 of 6. Witten 1 of 6.

Maybe they can count beating cancer as one to get #14 retired. He is a Vol great, and deserving of the honor. I also think Johnny Majors is deserving as well.
I loved Leonard Little. His name has business being in the discussion for retired numbers.

• SEC Player of the Year
  • Heisman Trophy winner

I’m confused, how did Johnny majors get his number retired, I don’t think he was in the pros right?

VN Store

Back