Wishful Thinking

I was cleaning off a shelve in my storeroom, and there was a Apr 17,2017 N.Sentinel sports page, declaring how dominant UTs linebacking corp would be, I get tired of orange sunshine being pumped in my viens.
I get tired of losing, but I will never get tired of Orange being pumped in my veins.

That looks like a fake news article, they should find whoever wrote that and beat that person with a big stick. j/k Woodsman

Reactions: vettefool
Some TN fans need to create a College Football Roleplaying Guild then they can create all the fan fiction they want. Get some 12 sided dice and roll for the playcalls, recruits, and press conference responses.

My coach has +1 Charisma from his baldness but his coaching smock leads to a -1 Finesse due to lack of aerodynamics.

It's better to be a "Sunshine Pumper" than to be doom and gloom about absolutely everything:rolleyes:
Yep off-season is time for delusions of grandeur. We will have plenty of time to grope and moan during the season. That’s being said, IF...big IF there is true coaching and development that you’d expect getting traction in year two with stability of staff and S/C program...and better schedule, we COULD turn the corner...at least that’s me in my typical off season optimism.

Yep off-season is time for delusions of grandeur. We will have plenty of time to grope and moan during the season. That’s being said, IF...big IF there is true coaching and development that you’d expect getting traction in year two with stability of staff and S/C program...and better schedule, we COULD turn the corner...at least that’s me in my typical off season optimism.
I'm thinking Tennessee wins 8 games and that's a nice step forward in my opinion

Some TN fans need to create a College Football Roleplaying Guild then they can create all the fan fiction they want. Get some 12 sided dice and roll for the playcalls, recruits, and press conference responses.

My coach has +1 Charisma from his baldness but his coaching smock leads to a -1 Finesse due to lack of aerodynamics.
I lol'd at "coaching smock".

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If we can win 8 we could have won 10.
If we can win 10 we could have won 12, if we can win 12 we could have won 15. ---Diary of a mad college football fan.

And I for one will be pretty elated the next time we throttle Vandy or Mizzou, considering the way they've both skullfracked us the last two years.

Reactions: Devo182
giphy.gif

“mad” as in angry? Nah. “mad” as in fanatical? Guilty as charged.

All I’m saying is if you go back through the years and look at some of the wins and then look at some of the losses it doesn’t always match up. How did we win that game but lose this one?

Would it make you feel better if I had said, “If we can lose 4 we can lose 6.”?

Sorry, but I’ve got no respect for either Vandy or Mizzou. We go on our worst stretch of football for long time and those two are getting wins at our expense. For me it will be more like finally the world is turning the way it’s suppose to.

Of corse I grew up on Vol football with a 20+ run on both Vandy and Ky, never playing Mizzou. Then it’s like we pulled the plug on football and get what we got. So I admit my thinking may be a little skewed. I don’t have to deal with any of their fans either. Little Ole Ms St means a lot to me.

Only 5 or 6 snaps into the 1st game of 2018, reality reared it’s ugly head and turned optimism into a degree of SHTF.
No repeats please

Reactions: Devo182 and tbh
A predatory defense, a predatory defense, humm, now I know what to wish for my birthday!

That looks like a fake news article, they should find whoever wrote that and beat that person with a big stick. j/k Woodsman

It's obviously a fake homemade article. Read the "newspaper" claimed origin and such. But the that wasn't your real point was it? Well...If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
“mad” as in angry? Nah. “mad” as in fanatical? Guilty as charged.

All I’m saying is if you go back through the years and look at some of the wins and then look at some of the losses it doesn’t always match up. How did we win that game but lose this one?

Would it make you feel better if I had said, “If we can lose 4 we can lose 6.”?

Sorry, but I’ve got no respect for either Vandy or Mizzou. We go on our worst stretch of football for long time and those two are getting wins at our expense. For me it will be more like finally the world is turning the way it’s suppose to.

Of corse I grew up on Vol football with a 20+ run on both Vandy and Ky, never playing Mizzou. Then it’s like we pulled the plug on football and get what we got. So I admit my thinking may be a little skewed. I don’t have to deal with any of their fans either. Little Ole Ms St means a lot to me.

Mizzou has already won the East twice since joining, while we haven't in 12 years...but you don't respect them? That's on you.

Reactions: tbh
Only 5 or 6 snaps into the 1st game of 2018, reality reared it’s ugly head and turned optimism into a degree of SHTF.
No repeats please

I just sat in the stands of BoFA stadium yelling beside my friend how it was new coach, same shiz. Weak weak weak team in the trenches. If we look that part 1 more year I'm gonna lose all respect for "S&C" coaches. Rock, Fitz, somebody SHOW US something ffs.

Mizzou has already won the East twice since joining, while we haven't in 12 years...but you don't respect them? That's on you.

I noticed you didn’t say you respect them.

They haven’t beaten a good Vol team yet. Beating us when we are down won’t get me to respect them.

Right now it’s a Vol problem not a oh no we gotta play Mizzou type deal.

If they were eeking out wins over us that would be one thing, but they have beaten us by almost 5 touchdowns each of the last 2 years. Vol fans who are penciling them in as a win are complete fools. If you aren't penciling them in as a win, then you respect them whether you admit it or not.

Reactions: Devo182
If they were eeking out wins over us that would be one thing, but they have beaten us by almost 5 touchdowns each of the last 2 years. Vol fans who are penciling them in as a win are complete fools. If you aren't penciling them in as a win, then you respect them whether you admit it or not.
I expect us to beat them this year. I don’t respect them and each time they have beat us wasn’t because they were such a great team but due to our shortcomings.

Once we get back to our usual self and they play to their typical level I won’t tell you I told you so.

I think the fans that respect them are giving them too much credit for the wins they have over us and not putting more blame on the teams that we have been fielding these past few years.

I noticed you didn’t say you respect them.

They haven’t beaten a good Vol team yet. Beating us when we are down won’t get me to respect them.

Oh I definitely respect Mizzou. They continually do more with a lot less. I wish we did more of what they did, because we've been the opposite of that the past decade.

Oh I definitely respect Mizzou. They continually do more with a lot less. I wish we did more of what they did, because we've been the opposite of that the past decade.

I’m not so sure Luck should be considered less.

Butch was the King of Less. What he did in 2015 and 16 was so bad.

I’m not so sure Luck should be considered less.

Butch was the King of Less. What he did in 2015 and 16 was so bad.

Lock was good, but they won 2 division titles before Lock ever came.

2015 was an excellent team and underrated. +15 PPG margin and 13 points from being undefeated. Blowout of #12 bowl win.

VN Store

Back