Omaha bound

CunningLinguist

Yes, you heard it here first. We will win the SEC East. We will go to Omaha. And I would not be shocked if we win it all. We have the best pitching staff in the nation. We have an offense that is more than capable. We have one of the top defenses in the country. I have been sitting back waiting for the staff to implode. It aint happening, this team is legit. We will enter SEC play undefeated. This team feels just like the basketball team. Veterans that know how to play and win.

Yes, you heard it here first. We will win the SEC East. We will go to Omaha. And I would not be shocked if we win it all. We have the best pitching staff in the nation. We have an offense that is more than capable. We have one of the top defenses in the country. I have been sitting back waiting for the staff to implode. It aint happening, this team is legit. We will enter SEC play undefeated. This team feels just like the basketball team. Veterans that know how to play and win.
I hope your right
My prediction is 20-10 in sec

Um --- we still haven't played anyone. I think this is a solid team and light years better than last year, but let's beat someone good first before we book our tickets. With our recent history - 500 in the SEC is a great huge improvement.
So let's see how we are looking after our first 3 SEC weekends.

I will say that this doesn't even look like the last few teams. We actually look like we are fielding a team of baseball players. Hat's off to the coaches, have greatly improved at a number of positions and of course with the pitching staff. Should be a fun year.

Pump. The. Brakes.

And I am saying this as an Orange tinted glass wearing PosiVol. I love the optimism though.

Oh what the hell. We going to Omaha.
13-0 is exciting & new ground for the Vols. I'm excited but know full well the balance & power in SEC baseball. Got my hotel reservations for a week in Hoover & tickets will go on sale soon. Fully expect Diamond Vols to have a great season & be in Hoover! "Omaha" is more than just a reference to Peyton barking signals.:cool:

whoa-whoa-slow-down-son.jpg

This weekends series against Fresno St will be a good test as well, while we are a much better baseball team, I don't think we're gonna win the East or the whole thing. I'd love to be wrong tho. All these new posters on the baseball side will fade away in a few loses.

Reactions: RollerVol
Love the optimism in the OP and what we’ve seen so far this season.

However, the SEC is a meat grinder. 11 ranked teams is insane. I just want 14-15 conference wins. Anything over that is gravy.

We’ve set ourselves up with our play so far that 14-15 SEC wins gets us a regional. Our RPI is great and gives us some wiggle room moving forward. Obviously we need to finish strong these next 5 games before conference play and not drop a lot of midweek games, but we’ve set ourselves up pretty well.

Baby steps.

Love the optimism in the OP and what we’ve seen so far this season.

However, the SEC is a meat grinder. 11 ranked teams is insane. I just want 14-15 conference wins. Anything over that is gravy.

We’ve set ourselves up with our play so far that 14-15 SEC wins gets us a regional. Our RPI is great and gives us some wiggle room moving forward. Obviously we need to finish strong these next 5 games before conference play and not drop a lot of midweek games, but we’ve set ourselves up pretty well.

Baby steps.

Agree with everything. .500 in SEC play would be a great accomplishment.

19-11 in SEC play and and 44-12 overall.....that's my PREDICTION....And I honestly think this is a reality.....BETTER OFFENSE , A LOT BETTER DEFENSE , PITCHING DEPTH ,
A terrific Coaching Staff thats familiar with their team and knows what they have......and last but not least CHEMISTRY!!!!! if UT does go 19-11 and 44-12 overall......What would that do as far as post season? I figure it would put us hosting a regional for sure??? I have always looked at runs allowed when i look for GOOD teams ? When you really look at the make up of this team , You have to be just Super Pleased and Excited!!!.....I mean without Good Defense and Pitching , we would not be 13-0....there has been times when both has bailed the other out...Sign of a BASEBALL TEAM.................... I can Already count several Great plays made from the defense that was non existent last year (not Counting the C position either) Huge Huge Improvements!!! I Could go on and on to why This Team is TONS better............One thing I have noticed is we have Seen Most Peoples Friday Night Guy and We have done enough to win by Slight margins against them , which is more realistic to SEC play, but when teams go to the Pen We have blown games open.....That's where this team is gonna EXCEL.....We have ARMS to match these other programs and don't have any AUTOMATIC outs with LONG Swings in this line up..... Our 2 Seniors finished in the Top 15 in the SEC in SO's last Year.. ...And there will be times we run into a buzz saw....We have Some of Those TOO!!!

Last edited:
Um --- we still haven't played anyone. I think this is a solid team and light years better than last year, but let's beat someone good first before we book our tickets. With our recent history - 500 in the SEC is a great huge improvement.
So let's see how we are looking after our first 3 SEC weekends.

I will say that this doesn't even look like the last few teams. We actually look like we are fielding a team of baseball players. Hat's off to the coaches, have greatly improved at a number of positions and of course with the pitching staff. Should be a fun year.
Still haven’t played anyone just isn’t true. Indiana, Liberty and Troy were all projected to be NCAA Tournament teams.

Good call. I forgot about that. They are a good team. App St isn’t that bad either actually
....and Kentucky had to score 4 or 5 in the bottom of the 9th to beat Northern Kentucky. Not saying N Kentucky is that good, just an example of how anyone can be beaten if they don’t show up ready to play. GBO!

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1

VN Store

Back