POLL - Is tonight Grant's last game in TBA?

Is tonight Grant's last game in TBA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 236 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VolsO&W

Grant comes back, and we are a national title contender again next year. Grant leaves, and we are bottom half top 25 team.

Reactions: mickey1969
Hoping for one more season!!

giphy.gif

I think Grant Williams returns for the 2019-2020 season. That extra season will help him with the NBA scouts.

He's gone. Unless staying in college with make him 3 inches taller and/or give him the quickness to guard stretch 4s in the NBA, another year will not help him with NBA scouts. It will actually hurt him since next year's draft class is supposedly deeper than this years (especially if the NBA votes early to abolish the 1 and done).

In the right situation, Grant can have a successful NBA career

He's gone. Unless staying in college with make him 3 inches taller and/or give him the quickness to guard stretch 4s in the NBA, another year will not help him with NBA scouts. It will actually hurt him since next year's draft class is supposedly deeper than this years (especially if the NBA votes early to abolish the 1 and done).

In the right situation, Grant can have a successful NBA career
2019-2020 will be a difficult season without Grant Williams. Tennessee may wind up in the NIT.

He gone. He's showing up on all of the new mock drafts now as a late 1st round pick. Coming back for an extra year won't make him a lottery pick. I heard somewhere that he'll be able to graduate this year. I just don't see the upside for him coming back next year? I hope he comes back, but I just don't see it now. At the beginning of the year I thought he'd be back for sure.

Williams could be become a Draymond Green type player.

Might be too short for PF in the NBA.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
He is a great player but his size may limit him in the NBA. Then again when he ran the full length of the court for the Bowden slam he looked like a guard. Sheer guess but I am thinking he does not jump unless he is guaranteed good money, and I don't think he will be. Does not seem like the type that would gamble, looks like he is having too much fun. It would be equal to the Manning come back if he did.

For some of you who watch the NBA, what kind of guaranteed money could he expect as a late first rounder? I'm not a fan of the NBA so I have no idea.

Grant needs to improve his handles and outside shooting, he does have the Barkley-like skills inside, but the NBA is an outside game these days......

Reactions: SmokeyLives
For some of you who watch the NBA, what kind of guaranteed money could he expect as a late first rounder? I'm not a fan of the NBA so I have no idea.

Being in the first round is key. A first round contract guarantees two years with a third and fourth year team option. The compensation as a late first round pick is roughly $1.35-$1.75 million per year.

Second round picks don't have to be offered guaranteed contracts although I think more teams have offered two year guaranteed deals recently.

The first 2 years are guaranteed while the next 2 years, there is a team option. There is a set amount (based on the draft spot) that a player can sign for and teams can negotiate up or down 20% from that amount. Most teams pay the full 120% although there are some cheap franchises (cough...Grizzlies...cough) that will try to sign players for less than that.

If I recall correctly, Anfernee Simons (24th pick last year), got roughly $4MM for 2 years and would get $10MM for the first 4 years (This assumes that he got the full 120% from Portland).

Reactions: VolGee4

VN Store

Back