Currie back as an AD

Prolly do a good job there. His alma mater and much lower expectations. He failed here and got fired. Should be end of the story, but us being us let’s look forward to obsessing over the Wake Forest athletic program. 😴

I agree With everything, but maybe there looking at the fact that Mike Leach was about to be who he ended up with. (Who I’m a fan of) Do you think Mike Leach would want to ever go there??

I agree With everything, but maybe there looking at the fact that Mike Leach was about to be who he ended up with. (Who I’m a fan of) Do you think Mike Leach would want to ever go there??
Washington State’s a better program.

Reactions: Remy
Prolly do a good job there. His alma mater and much lower expectations. He failed here and got fired. Should be end of the story, but us being us let’s look forward to obsessing over the Wake Forest athletic program. 😴

Im thinking the same thing here... was a bit surprised to see his name here especially considering the debacle he cause/was involved with here. Glad for him and his family though... hope he does well and redeems himself. Always fun to follow former players, coaches, admin, etc and see how they progress.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Why would he go coast to coast to join the ACC and a middle of the pack program?

Hope he has learned something from his KState and UT experiences. He won’t have the same pressures there so maybe he can concentrate on fixing the basketball program.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Hope he has learned something from his KState and UT experiences. He won’t have the same pressures there so maybe he can concentrate on fixing the basketball program.
If Dave Clawson leaves Currie will probably try to hire Greg Schiano as Wake Forest head football coach;)

I'm glad he landed somewhere. I believe some fans remember the effort he made shortly before he parted ways with UT even though it ended up being too late and everything worked out for the best in the end.

That would answer my first question regarding learning anything.

I think I read somewhere that Wake is the smallest school in the FBS population.
They never come close to selling out their Bowl Game ticket allotment. They're even worse than Georgia Tech and Duke.

The number one job characteristic necessary for any AD is to have the ability to identify and hire good coaches and I’ll be damned if UT administration didn’t hire the one AD with the worst reputation among college coaches in the freakin country. He should have NEVER been hired here in the first place. This is the type of leadership that gets a program like ours in the shitter for 10 yrs. I pray Fulmer does well, stays healthy and has success.

My thought is how and why does this matter to we UT fans? My thought also is what Currie does henceforth is his own dayum business. I also think too many UT fans just CAN'T Elsa-ize folks no longer associated with the UT nor do we want them to. Why can't such obsessed fans do with "shet" do what should be done?

iu

Did hire Vitello tho.

Up until the football hire fiasco (which we won't go into) most people thought he was doing a great job. He hired Vitello, a new Volleyball coach, brought back the "Lady" Vols.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back