So who do you hire?

UTFanatic

So Fulmer has to earn his money with this one. We all know Fulmer and Holly are friends and firing or asking Holly to resign is a huge decision for him. But, bigger yet, is who does he hire? The lady vol program is obviously steeped with history and needs a second "Summitt" like coach. So who is it that can legitimately bring the Lady Vols back to prominence? Who can make them competitive with Uconn, Baylor and ND? Who can make the SEC their stepping stone to the NCAA again?

I agree a change needs to be made, but if your Fulmer, who is the "magic bullet"?

1)Jeff Walz head coach Louisville
2)Katie Meier head coach Miami
3)Wes Moore head coach NCSU
4)Vic Schaefer head coach Miss State
5)Scott Rueck head coach Oregon State
6)Carol Owens Notre Dame associate head coach
1)Jeff Walz head coach Louisville
2)Katie Meier head coach Miami
3)Wes Moore head coach NCSU
4)Vic Schaefer head coach Miss State
5)Scott Rueck head coach Oregon State
6)Carol Owens Notre Dame associate head coach
Get out the checkbook and negotiating skills and call Becky Hammon !!!!!!!!!!!! Turn around program in 2 years !!

Attachments

• B hammon.jpg
    B hammon.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Hammon 2.jpg
    Hammon 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 48
Well, the first hire Jeff Walz thread of the day. Jeff is very happy and well compensated at U of L. What makes everyone so sure that he would jump at the chance to coach UT? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
Katie Meier,Wes Moore,Vic Schaefer,Scott Rueck and Carol Owens would be great hires also

Last edited:
Reactions: Chartervol
So Fulmer has to earn his money with this one. We all know Fulmer and Holly are friends and firing or asking Holly to resign is a huge decision for him. But, bigger yet, is who does he hire? The lady vol program is obviously steeped with history and needs a second "Summitt" like coach. So who is it that can legitimately bring the Lady Vols back to prominence? Who can make them competitive with Uconn, Baylor and ND? Who can make the SEC their stepping stone to the NCAA again?

I agree a change needs to be made, but if your Fulmer, who is the "magic bullet"?

I vote Lawson.

This is the right way to approach this. Don't know who that is. I hope Phil finds the one. There will be a truckload of interest.

One thing that has been done is the Coach Warlick has filled the Post-Legend gap. And it's been 7 years too. Obviously the rookie head coach is in over her head. But, now the Post-Legend slate is clean. So, the position has plenty of upside for elite candidates to desire.

Better be a great hire or we risk losing some of the current players as transfers as well as some of the recruits in the class coming in ranked # 8 in nation .

Well, the first hire Jeff Walz thread of the day. Jeff is very happy and well compensated at U of L. What makes everyone so sure that he would jump at the chance to coach UT? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

Nobody said he would jump at it, this is just a list of candidates.

The right coach pulls the players back in and wins right away. We arenā€™t talking a depleated roster just coaching ability

We will see about the depleted roster, but agree that it should not be hard to find a coach that is much better than what we have. Hopefully if and when this happens, Fulmer and maybe Barnes will meet with the ladies and encourage them to weigh the options and meet with the new coach before deciding to transfer.

Of course, this discussion could be a mute point if for some reason, Holly is retained another year, in which case the rebuilding job gets harder.

VN Store

Back