Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're better than this Glitch.

So do you kick every soldier out who failed to do a job well, or do you try to find one they can do better? If they also happened to be a solid soldier who characterized what it meant to serve your country, but just couldn't handle XYZ, would you try to help them succeed even more so?

Holly is a failed head coach. She was also a successful player, assistant coach, and representative of UT. We shouldn't do to her what it took two decades to fix after what was done to Fulmer.

The comparison between Holly and Fulmer is not valid. If Fulmer has taken over Majors’ program and ran it in the ground, we would have fired him. Same applies to Holly.

The comparison between Holly and Fulmer is not valid. If Fulmer has taken over Majors’ program and ran it in the ground, we would have fired him. Same applies to Holly.

Completely misses the point. You fire Dooley. You fire Jones. You find a soft landing for people who are bigger to the school than their current role.

So do you kick every soldier out who failed to do a job well, or do you try to find one they can do better? If they also happened to be a solid soldier who characterized what it meant to serve your country, but just couldn't handle XYZ, would you try to help them succeed even more so?

Holly is a failed head coach. She was also a successful player, assistant coach, and representative of UT. We shouldn't do to her what it took two decades to fix after what was done to Fulmer.

The Army has standards. If you fail to meet the standards, you are counseled and given an opportunity to improve and meet the standard. If you show improvement but still fall a little short, most commanders will work with you. However, after a while, if you still can't meet the standards then you should be processed for discharge. The standards exist for a reason. They exist so that every Soldier knows that the Soldier next to them can carry their own weight when stuff gets rough. They exist so people know what is expected of them in order to get the job done. I expect my Finance Soldiers to be able to do their jobs quickly and with minimal errors. That ensures that the folks doing the really dirty work don't have to worry about their pay being messed up or not having the resources that they need to do their jobs.

In summary, eventually when someone isn't cutting the mustard you have to part ways. The level of patriotism does not matter if you can't get the job done. Not everyone is meant to be a Soldier. That doesn't mean they can't find another way to serve their country.

As far as Holly being a former player, AC, and rep of UT:

- This is her 7th season as the HC.
- We have gotten progressively worse under her leadership (30-6 and an E8 appearance was her high mark and we were 25-8 last year and didn't even make the S16).
- Her best years were with the players that Pat Summit coached before her retirement.
- The players that she brings in are among the top players in the nation, but they look like they forget the fundamentals by the time they are a sophomore.

Some people are meant to be leaders, and some are not. Holly might have been a great AC but she is not cut out to be a HC.

Preach

Triggered....

wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252Fanimated-rampage.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Completely misses the point. You fire Dooley. You fire Jones. You find a soft landing for people who are bigger to the school than their current role.

What "soft landing spot" does Holly deserve? Is she going to take a position elsewhere in the AD from someone more qualified, despite failing at her previous role, because of her name and who she is?

To me her buyout and salary from 7 years as head coach of the LVs is already a soft landing spot. She's also 60 years old.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
What "soft landing spot" does Holly deserve? Is she going to take a position elsewhere in the AD from someone more qualified, despite failing at her previous role, because of her name and who she is?

That is the mentality of today for some reason. Holly does not deserve a different job because she failed at her current job. She doesn't deserve a job with more responsibility because she has shown she doesn't know what she is doing in her current role. They don't have to publicly humiliate her but they should put out an appropriate Press Release stating that UT and Holly have decided to part ways and that they University thanks her for her years of service as a student athlete, assistant coach, and head coach of the Lady Vols BB team. If you do it right, it doesn't turn into the way Fulmer was fired.

To me her buyout and salary from 7 years as head coach of the LVs is already a soft landing spot. She's also 60 years old.
She love the university and would be a good ambassador...... “assistant to the traveling secretary”
AFF471C2-200B-43BC-9DBA-51E9F67AD924.png

I need some good recommendations for dinner in Nashville or surrounding areas. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: This weekend is my anniversary and looking for something nice.

What's your price range? And any types of food you all don't like?

Is she? Not IMO. If she were she would say she is stepping aside and cut the deal to go into an AAD position with Phil - not continue to tank the program.

Bill Guthridge stepped aside at UNC after he got the job when Dean Smith retired. He sat next to him for 30 years while they built it into elite status. When he saw he couldn't keep them there he stepped down after four years and two FF appearances with a .741 winning percentage. They hired another alum coach in Doughtery who could not get it done - let him go. Then hired Williams and the rest is history. The principles are the principles. If she cares for UT as much as she says she cuts the deal to step aside on her own. To this point it looks like a Holly is in it for the money and fame. Seems pretty obvious.

Dean works with the players at practice and we continue to see poor fundamentals, poor play and an underachieving team of AAs. The players change, but the problems remain. The common denominator-- Holly and Dean. If Dean has the answer, he isn't sharing it.

I understand now! Thank you for sharing your info

if it was legal they would have still done it, it was for the money not a safe full of drugs.
Exactly...the lead guy was a certified sociopath who had a long history of criminal violence. According to his cousin that was his best friend as kids, the guy had pretty much gone insane by the time of this incident.

Never heard of Sam Gilbert. Big fan of Wooden’s after I read They Call Me Coach.
Sam Gilbert was the power booster at UCLA. Every team has one but it was no secret what Sam was doing. Books were written about his involvement with UCLA. Bill Walton even admitted Sam ran the program.

Reactions: HeadVol77
This look at the relative amounts of methane released from cows vs volcanos and other natural vents. Cow farts are not an issue
Having been to Yellowstone a couple of times and seeing lord knows how many thousands of vents constantly spewing huge volumes of sulphur dioxide and other gasses into the atmosphere...that was the first thing that went through my head when I heard that.

Kiliauea probably spewed 100 years worth of cow fart greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere by itself this past summer

Good with whatever. We aren't picky and look more for quality.
These are just some places that my wife and I have tried over the last few years that I can remember off the top of my head....They may suck now, but they were good when we ate there.

Pastaria
Rolf and Daughters
5th and Taylor
Lockeland Table
Kayne Prime
Husk
The Southern
Jeff Ruby
Bob's Steak and Chop House
Bourbon Steak (I actually haven't eaten here yet, but heard it's good and it's on the 30-something floor of the JW Marriot Hotel, so it has great views of the city).

Good with whatever. We aren't picky and look more for quality.
The wife and I's favorite restaurant is the Chef and I on 9th. They have a 5 or 7 course chef's tasting menu that changes daily and is out of this world. They also do brunch on the weekends that is a 4 course tasting that is incredible.

You don't wait till the program is irrevocably damaged to do it...that is insane, and almost criminally negligent. Holly Warlick is a horrible disaster of a HC. If she doesn't have the decency to resign before completely destroying everything Pat Summit spent her life building...then she deserves nothing but contempt...IMO.

Reactions: Aesius and Catbone
These are just some places that my wife and I have tried over the last few years that I can remember off the top of my head....They may suck now, but they were good when we ate there.

Pastaria
Rolf and Daughters
5th and Taylor
Lockeland Table
Kayne Prime
Husk
The Southern
Jeff Ruby
Bob's Steak and Chop House
Bourbon Steak (I actually haven't eaten here yet, but heard it's good and it's on the 30-something floor of the JW Marriot Hotel, so it has great views of the city).

Used to hit the Bob's in Dallas. Some kinda good.

Reactions: pierce60
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back