Statistical probabilities of a Volunteer win

I don’t know why he’s so obsessed w them and always mentions how “accurate they are”. Almost like Titans Fan and his incessant plugs for Vol Wire.

Warren Nolan site is good for reproducing the team sheets, but I’ve never heard anyone consider either of these sites go to for predictions. And I’ve never seen them included in any prediction accuracy analysis.

Torvik modeled himself after KenPom and has done a good job. He’s near KP in terms of accuracy. I’ve seen some analysis that rates BPI as consistently one of the better ones

I think you mentioned the one factor no one can measure, the heart in this team.

IMHO, Tennessee's biggest risk is against a trap game, like Ole Miss or Mississippi State. They will be ready for Kentucky, LSU and Auburn.

I wouldn't be shocked if we lost 3 of those 4. All 4 seems highly unlikely barring a major injury.
I would be extremely shocked if we lost 3 of those games and I think most that follow the game would be as well. After today's win all of our metrics will adjust a bit and we'll be favored every game the rest of the way. I think the absolute most this team loses the final stretch is 2. I personally don't believe that they are going to lose again unless it's at Auburn in a meaningless game or in the meaningless SEC championship game. This team is fighting for the #1 overall seed in the tournament and I've believed for weeks that's where we'll end up!

I wouldn't be shocked if we lost 3 of those 4. All 4 seems highly unlikely barring a major injury.

we have had this discussion I think already. Regardless of the remainder of the season and the SEC Tourney. Stay Healthy, identify weakness and fix them, and get to the tourney as a 1, 2, or 3 seed.

Reactions: Big time vol
I'm just not comfortable predicting a Vol loss. I am a fan and drink orange kool-aid, but I believe we are going to win tonight. I know we can only win one game at a time. There's no way we can win 7 games at once. I believe the hot compress of this team will cause Callipari to sweat!

Reactions: Big time vol
I would be extremely shocked if we lost 3 of those games and I think most that follow the game would be as well. After today's win all of our metrics will adjust a bit and we'll be favored every game the rest of the way. I think the absolute most this team loses the final stretch is 2. I personally don't believe that they are going to lose again unless it's at Auburn in a meaningless game or in the meaningless SEC championship game. This team is fighting for the #1 overall seed in the tournament and I've believed for weeks that's where we'll end up!
This post aged well in a short time. The bolded is dripping with unmerited arrogance.

I sure hope you are right moving forward. Again, I'm not saying we WILL lose 3 of those 4 games. Just don't he shocked if we do. We have a tough schedule ahead of us.

we have had this discussion I think already. Regardless of the remainder of the season and the SEC Tourney. Stay Healthy, identify weakness and fix them, and get to the tourney as a 1, 2, or 3 seed.
Agree. This team isn't suddenly broken. Bump in the road. There are some issues that need addressed; mainly our offensive rebounding.

We are still in line for a 1 seed. We'd have to completely derail to see the 3 line, IMO.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I wanted to post this update. Looking at realtimerpi.com vs. Warren Nolan predictions on Feb 4. It is interesting how close realtimerpi.com was, from the LSU game through the end of the season. At that point in the season, both predicted only 2 conference losses. This tells me that our beloved Vols are returning to form and are primed for great things.

Attachments

• TN Scores - 2019 basketballC_001.jpg
    TN Scores - 2019 basketballC_001.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
This post aged well in a short time. The bolded is dripping with unmerited arrogance.

I sure hope you are right moving forward. Again, I'm not saying we WILL lose 3 of those 4 games. Just don't he shocked if we do. We have a tough schedule ahead of us.

There seems to be a ton of that on this forum, way more so than any other. Some are considerably worse than others but just about every other poster seems to think that (a) they're the VN expert on the ins and outs of college basketball and (b) they're the only ones who've watched any UT basketball prior to this season and they pretty much act/post accordingly.

VN Store

Back