Houston Police Officers Shot (1/28/19)

News so far....Houston PD was serving search warrant on a house win multiple suspects opened fire on officers. At least 5 officers have been shot, some unconfirmed reports state all 5 officers are dead....2 suspects are confirmed dead......

This is absolutely heartbreaking.

I lived in Oakland when four officers were killed. It is sickening this happens anywhere and really a shock when it happens in your town. I still think about how awful that day was.

"Black tar heroin" sounds healthy enough.

Sad story... Prayers for the brave officers and their families.

Reactions: malinoisvol
"Black tar heroin" sounds healthy enough.

Sad story... Prayers for the brave officers and their families.

Come to think of it, I had never heard of "black tar" heroin before this story broke. WTF... is that term used for added shock value or is that really a thing now?

Anyways, looks like those officers weren't so "brave" after all. More like loose cannons, at best, or corrupt as hell at worst.

If true, it’s almost like they set out to murder that couple. Very fishy.

Either the original tip is real and the cops fabricated stuff to make a case against people they thought were criminals, or the explanation is something way more nefarious, like corrupt cop gangster ****.

Reactions: tbh
Either the original tip is real and the cops fabricated stuff to make a case against people they thought were criminals, or the explanation is something way more nefarious, like corrupt cop gangster ****.
The police chief is still going with “those people were criminals but the evidence was fabricated.” I wonder if it will come out that they were informants at some point. I don’t think they were randomly selected and this might have been a hit.

Come to think of it, I had never heard of "black tar" heroin before this story broke. WTF... is that term used for added shock value or is that really a thing now?

Anyways, looks like those officers weren't so "brave" after all. More like loose cannons, at best, or corrupt as hell at worst.
Black tar has been around for a while. It’s not for shock value. It’s just not as refined and generally cheaper. As you might think, it’s a dirty drug form of H

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Heard it referenced in a 1986 Miami Vice episode. It's been around for a while.

Seems pretty strongly like this was a bad cop lying about drug deals to conduct a no-knock raid in order to knock these people off for some reason.

Houston Chronicle Article

In a hastily called press conference, Police Chief Art Acevedo said Gerald Goines, the veteran narcotics case agent at the center of the controversy, will likely face criminal charges. The internal investigation revealed he allegedly lied about using a confidential informant to conduct an undercover buy at the residence on Harding Street.

At the end of the shootout, both Tuttle and Nicholas had been shot to death, and five officers were injured — four by gunfire. Police found 18 grams of marijuana — about half an ounce — and a little more than a gram of white powder, but no heroin or trafficking paraphernalia.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back