Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So off topic (apparently), but I really, really like this staff. I was hoping they would be able to land Graham, but maybe next offseason.

Not only is this staff really good at identifying talent, but most of them have proven to be really good developers of talent, too. 16 national titles, 29 conference titles, nearly 200 NFL Draft picks, and 66 All-Americans between the 11 on-field coaches.

Let's ride, Vol fans.

Never see him do ballet or make a three egg omelet so who knows?
Honestly I’d be very surprised if he couldn’t be trained to either of those decently well if his scholarship and a chance in the NFL depended on it. Making an omelette isn’t exactly rocket science.

Don't know if any one here has ever eaten at The Red Bar in Destin at Grayton Beach but it completely burnt to the ground the other. Such a cool little restaurant with great food.

Could be a hybrid play calling situation...Ansley sends down 2 or 3 and Pruitt picks which one goes in.

I am not too worried honestly, I feel like we needed a "take it over" type at OC and we got that. Pruitt will be able to focus on being a HC more with this staff. I expect consistency in how the team plays to see improvement with him being able to focus on being HC and not a coordinator.
This. Yes, now he can be the Head Coach. Have heard it mentioned several times, that Pruitt wanted to hand over playcalling from day one...finally landed the person he trusts to do so with.

After quite a few forum debates here about JG I came to the conclusion that his biggest flaw is playing behind a bad OL. Something he has limited control over. He protects the ball well, is a tough guy, seems to be fairly smart, and cares about being a better QB -here- I respect that despite being on his now (4th OC) since coming to campus he hasn't even thought about transferring. Hope he stays 2 more seasons, he'll be better next year, but if he returns for his 5th year he'll be REALLY good I think.
He can definitely throw it. If Chaney can help him with some pre-snap reads and his progressions, I think he has a chance to be really good.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
The second half of that 2010 season.. we had to endure Matt Simms for like the first 7? 8? games and the dude made JG look like Aaron Rodgers when it came to pocket awareness. We had to win, what 3 of 4 down the stretch to go bowling, and Dooley finally handed the reins over to Bray.

Crisp early November day in Knoxville, a preseason-overrated Houston Nutt-led Old Miss team (with Jeremiah Masoli lololol) comes in.. Bray's first pass was tipped by their nickel and it hit Hunter perfectly in stride as he boatraced their secondary for the 80 yard TD. The hope and promise of this youngblood Cali-cool QB, paired up with Hunter, Rodgers, and D-Moore was incredible for that month.

And then 2011 happened.
That was a fun time. They were all doing that "crazy" hand gesture thing around their helmets. You could tell they were playing loose and having fun.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
So I'm in Savannah, GA working. Someone drop the good Intel of the must eat restaurant here. Would like fresh sea food but post best restaurants. Local

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back