Thinking about moving to Knoxville

Kind of personal, isn't it? Are you going to hook him up on the job or just being nosy/curious?
Apperantly you're the one who took it as being nosy/ personal. I happen to be in that business and I'm quite familiar with Sysco Foods and their various houses around the southeast. Anything else I can help you with?

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
Since you're in the market for a garage too, don't over look the duplex/triplex communities up north. My mom has a 2BR unit (not available) for about $800 per month.

Apperantly you're the one who took it as being nosy/ personal. I happen to be in that business and I'm quite familiar with Sysco Foods and their various houses around the southeast. Anything else I can help you with?
Worked at sysco Nashville for 3 years as well. It’s a great paying job and it allows me to travel some as I’m sure you know!

Reactions: Zues1
Since you're in the market for a garage too, don't over look the duplex/triplex communities up north. My mom has a 2BR unit (not available) for about $800 per month.
Wow that’s not bad. Yeah I need a garage to store my mustang, especially with the bi polar weather Tennessee gets.

West side is the best side. Farragut counts at Knoxville in my opinion. Do it.

Well, don't be stupid/don't be a p****.
Just passing it on. I looked it up because I remembered that as a bad area years ago due to its proximity to Five Points/Cherry Street, etc. I was wondering if it had changed. It obviously looks better than it did years ago, but seems to have some problems with crime. I thought the guy deserved to know that. Sorry if it offended you.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Thinking about transferring warehouses, I’d be going from Orlando to Knoxville and was wondering what are some good areas to live in in the Knoxville area? I’ll be taking a bit of a pay cut is 50-65K a livable wage in the Knoxville area? I’m trying to start out cheap, one bed room apartment kind of thing and save up money for a house but if I make this move it’s gonna be a permanent one. I’ve obviously been to numerous UT games but what’s the Knoxville area like to live in, and what are the best surrounding cities to live in? I’d prefer to be within 30 minutes of UT since my job is nearby
If you don’t mind the commute as you say and you want cheap, I would recommend the Straw Plains area. Would be an easy commute if you work for Sysco. It’s east (out of the bad area) and probably close to the lowest rents in town. Plus you aren’t battling the west and north commuters.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Just passing it on. I looked it up because I remembered that as a bad area years ago due to its proximity to Five Points/Cherry Street, etc. I was wondering if it had changed. It obviously looks better than it did years ago, but seems to have some problems with crime. I thought the guy deserved to know that. Sorry if it offended you.

Not at all. I was part of a real estate rehab group that did a great deal of gut and resto for that neighborhood. It is close to Parkridge as well as downtown, unfortunately. As much as I love Knoxville, it isn't a very safe town and has a long way to go. Sequoya Hills is nice, but it is very expensive and, sadly, the West Knoxville area probably has the least amount of character when compared to Island Home, Fountain City, Holston Hills, and Broadway/Central.

Thanks for the input thus far everyone. I’m thinking I’ll be moving that way in July or so. I’m gonna start with a apartment, preferably something within proximity of campus since I’ll be a season ticket holder for football. Gonna save my money for a year, then buy a house assuming I love living in the area. Pretty excited, I’ve wanted to live up that way since I was a child

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If you have decent credit, go ahead and buy a house. Property values are rising everywhere. 50 year old houses in my neighborhood selling for nearly 3x as much when we moved in about 3 years ago.

Not at all. I was part of a real estate rehab group that did a great deal of gut and resto for that neighborhood. It is close to Parkridge as well as downtown, unfortunately. As much as I love Knoxville, it isn't a very safe town and has a long way to go. Sequoya Hills is nice, but it is very expensive and, sadly, the West Knoxville area probably has the least amount of character when compared to Island Home, Fountain City, Holston Hills, and Broadway/Central.
I don't disagree with any of that.

When I bought in Knoxville almost 40 years ago (don't live there now), I looked at Holston Hills, and wound up buying not far from North Hills out Washington Pike. For those not in the know, it is off Broadway a bit.

When I bought in Knoxville almost 40 years ago (don't live there now), I looked at Holston Hills, and wound up buying not far from North Hills out Washington Pike. For those not in the know, it is off Broadway a bit.

North Hills is a good spot. It has proximity to cool places.

Reactions: 1972 Grad

VN Store

Back